Looking For Good Gym(Hua-Hin)

Hello, has anyone found a good gym here in Hua Hin ? I already know about the one in the mall, looking for a real gym(squat rack, dead lift, press). don't get me wrong if push comes to shove I guess I will have to go to the one in the mall. I was a little disappointed when I walked in and saw the it was air-con w/ carpet. it looks like its more for the women than anything. anyway all help is much appreciated.

I goggled it and it said it's right down the street from my apartment. I got on my motorcycle and tried to find it, but I have only been driving here for a few days, I have to stay focused on the road. So then I walked it and could not find. Goggle map is telling me it is on Petehkasem Rd. Is that the one you are talking about? Is their any land marks that I can look for? Thanks in advance.

It's not on Phetkasem Road. It's on the small soi that goes to the Grand Hotel directly opposite the big open area where the Grand Night Market is held (the soi is one block past San Paulo Hospital on the right heading south. I'm not sure if the gym is still there as I haven't looked lately but as it was a big training facility for Thai kick boxers I would assume it is. I believe it's called The Grand Sport Gym.

Edited by hhfarang

There is a gym on soi 84 that looks good....... about 500 m after the railway tracks as you are heading inland, on the left side......

they have a deal on at the moment too, that if you join with a mate, you get the second person at a 50% discount

i was going to join this week for 3 months to see how it is...... if you fancy both signing up, we can share the discount........ PM me if you, or anyone else wants to join up

sorry bud...... i sent you on a bit of a run around there...... unintentional i promise, but i hope u enjoyed the exercise :)

i messaged u back about joining up........ maybe go down 2mo and see about signing up

Edited by UKJASE

• 2 weeks later...

You can go and check out the gym at Sport Villa if you like..they have special monthly rates(think it's 1200 baht)also have an outdoor pool..85 baht casual visit..25 baht pool.

http://www.huahinspo...=1&Id=538962920

It's approx' 2 km up from Market Village...P.S. just go into promotions..gym is 990 baht a month right now on their web!

Edited by sydneyjed

• 2 months later...

the sport villa website shows some good looking equipment both machines and free weights

anyone a member there care to comment?

same with the market village gym?

i have never looked around huahin but am tired enough of the hassles here in pattaya to relocate sight unseen if there is a good gym there

working out in a good facility being one of the keys to successful happy healthy living

the sport villa website shows some good looking equipment both machines and free weights

anyone a member there care to comment?

same with the market village gym?

i have never looked around huahin but am tired enough of the hassles here in pattaya to relocate sight unseen if there is a good gym there

working out in a good facility being one of the keys to successful happy healthy living

I was working out at SV last winter. The gym is not large but large enough, clean, never more than about 4 guys in there anytime I went.

Bright with big windows overlooking the pool. If I remember corectly there are 2 step machines and a stationary bike with computer programming for time, distance, resistance etc.

About 7-8 machines for presses, curls, pull downs etc. Some free weights.

Its clean and if you go before 4pm virtually no one there.

They will let you go in and take a look. I bought a month for 990 baht.

After working out you can swim (extra charge) or eat a snack or full meal in the covered dining area beside the pool. Drinks cooler with Gatorade plus juices and cokes etc. Beer available at resto tables.

I lked it, convenient location and I will join again when I come back in November.

3rd floor of Market Village has a gym, plus workout group sessions, spinning (bikes) etc.

Don't try to chat up the Thai lady spin nstructor. She's my mates GF and he is a tough bugger (ex-Ozzie marine). She is a looker though!

The gym at the Hilton is supposed to be pretty good - something like 3,000 baht a month though

I agree, we stayed at the Hilton a few years back and used the gym quite a lot, my only criticism would be that it was always quite busy, even early in the morning.

3rd floor of Market Village has a gym, plus workout group sessions, spinning (bikes) etc.

Don't try to chat up the Thai lady spin nstructor. She's my mates GF and he is a tough bugger (ex-Ozzie marine). She is a looker though!

Hello mate, but your warning is ridiculous, I think it would be up to the sheela (instructor) if she wants to be chatted up or not

Hello mate, but your warning is ridiculous, I think it would be up to the sheela (instructor) if she wants to be chatted up or not

You can always go and find out. Up to you but I doubt you have his financial capabilities. I expect she would give you about 15 seconds.

You can always go and find out. Up to you but I doubt you have his financial capabilities. I expect she would give you about 15 seconds.

I bet his financial capabilities dosen't matter, when she sees me working out in the gym ;)

I bet his financial capabilities dosen't matter, when she sees me working out in the gym wink.png

Would perhaps even be relieved to for a change chat to somebody who doesn't need his "mates" to sprout off on some random Internet forum about how tough a booger he is and how everybody better stay away from his gf. ;-)

Edited by Awk

Hey I got a date with her, thanks for the tip, ya she is great looking, and really friendlywai.gif I'll let you know if I score or notthumbsup.gif

Edited by PingManDan