Devere Group

deVere has been contacting me regularly by phone to meet, talk about investment portofolios and pension schemes. I am currently 40.

I wonder if there is a substantial benefit in availing of these services, or would it be an additional financial burden for me. I am earning a medium salary, not too much, but I can live confortably.

If you have been cold called by a so-called "financial/investment" company....I would strongly suggest you steer well away from them

I get this phone calls from various companies all the time (where they get the work number from who knows ?) trying to peddle their wares.....had one from the same guys this morning for about the 10th time...they become annoying and obviously dont understand..." i am not interested and even f8kc off" even though they are from the UK...

Lots written about them before. High fees and penalties for moving your money early or not saving enough.

If based in Thailand, ING and Aberdeen amongst others manage Long Term Funds ( LTF's) which have lower fees, good track records and provide good tax advantages.

Dunno where you are from, but if you Australia for instance then superannuationf funds there are probably a good alternative to investing yourself.

[quote name=Debothai'

I had them calling me many times last year , again no idea how they got the works number, but I agreed to a meeting to find out myself what it was all about. Found their fees expensive and they try to pressure you into saving more than is realistic. Took a few calls to persuade them I was not interested.

Like you decided to go with the LTF in Thailand cos of the tax breaks.

timestamp='1327289015' post='4998807]

No, I will not be using deveres, I have already decided to get myself an LTF and RMF with the local thai banks, probably K-Bank...If anything, I can reduce my tax payments...

• 9 months later...