Offroad Motorbike Adventure Riding

alandavies

As a british endurorider, spending october through to late march here,I've never had a bad day, riding the rural roads of thailand, with such a big area to cover, we all have our favourite areas, for quick access from Bangkok Pattaya or Kanchanaburi are great areas to start, armed with a GPS, a reliable bike and good company, my winter here is never dull, search the web for companies/people currently doing the business. Get a dialog going with them and do your own research. I've clocked up 1,000's of kms

Make the most of this beautiful country and its people

regards Alan "Taff' Davies

Do you know there is a dedicated motorbike forum on ThaiVisa? On the main forum page, scroll down to the "Business in Thailand, Jobs in Thailand" section and you'll find "Bikes in Thailand".

I am not sure why it is under Business, but you'll find many bikers there.

Hi Alan,

You may want to take a look at www.rideasia.net

It's full of information about adventure riding in the North of Thailand as well as all other countries in the region.

The creator of the site, Phil, is a good guy and is more than happy to supply information and advice through his site as well as in person.

He also provides some very good maps as well as GPS memory cards with pre-loaded map info on them.

Happy riding.

Cloughy

Do you know there is a dedicated motorbike forum on ThaiVisa? On the main forum page, scroll down to the "Business in Thailand, Jobs in Thailand" section and you'll find "Bikes in Thailand".

So that's the reason that, after years, I have NEVER been able to find the forum without first entering through somebody's "bikes" post! Why in the HELL is it located there? "Jobs"? "Bikes in Thailand" is so heavily used that it is entitled to its own heading.

excellent guys, thanks very much for the info, I was making the point that 'chiang Mai' is not the only place to ride in Thailand, I was not looking to ride in Cambodia as I have ridden there along with many other countries in the world.

I have 100 of waypoints and tracks on my GPS, adventure riding is my passion

keep spreading the work

So that's the reason that, after years, I have NEVER been able to find the forum without first entering through somebody's "bikes" post! Why in the HELL is it located there? "Jobs"? "Bikes in Thailand" is so heavily used that it is entitled to its own heading.

Good point. Let me bring this up.

why cann't I find that motorcycle forum from Quick Navigation, not being the sharpest knife in the drawer it has to idiot prove for me

regards alandavies

It's there. Under Business in Thailand, you'll find Bikes in Thailand.

We'll be moving this to some more logical place soon though. Currently discussing among the mods where to. Input is welcome.

The OP is travelling on his bike and not requesting anything else about bikes, so why point him in the wrong direction. This about TRAVEL in Thailand.clap2.gif

To the OP hope you enjoyed Kan passifier.gif

Sawadee wai.gif

PS. these came here a few years ago

http://www.pbase.com/win13/bikers

Edited by Kan Win