Dreaded Red Stamp

Hey, I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I’m a South African in Bangkok. I came here with a single entry, got an 30 day extension went to Laos for my first visa run and got a double entry visa and GOT A RED STAMP, it’s says that I might get refused if I apply for another tourist visa. In total I have only been here for 6 MONTHS. Can anybody help me with a solution please!!! do I take the chance or not, and go for another double entry to another country or what???

Judging by many of the recent posts re: Vientiane the consulate there seems to be unable to grasp the concept of *anybody* being able to take more than 6 months off work and enjoy their wealth relaxing in Thailand without going through the marriage/retirement loop...

You can try another country, as Maestro said, some other consulates are more open minded than Vientiane. Even if you don't get a double there's a reasonable chance you'll get a single.

If you want to stay longer you may be forced to consider other options, such as signing up for a languade course and getting an ed visa.