Pickups Best To Buy And Best Service In Your Opinion

petercallen

Another pick up no one has mentioned..

The new style, Suzuki.. dropside, flatbed pick up...this is a good looker,

A versatile,many use pick up.. i have seen many options and uses for this vehicle..eg there is a BUTTY WAGON ..by the Naiharn beach area,many others,taxi tuk tuks ,Fridge vans,delivery vans etc..i dont know the basic cost of these but i dont think expensive...a geat work horse..

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked out Mitsubishi, ford and Toyota today

I like the Ford Ranger they have 2 demo vehicles manual and

auto in the XLT Performs well even with the 2.2 engine the

salesman took me to the hill where the monkeys live and it

had adequate torque in my opinion.

I does not have a tray liner and they do not have a price for

fitting one and also does not have a limited slip diff

The 2WD wildtrak in is a better choice for me delivery time

2 months about 5 on the 4X4

The wildtrak range is the only model they do not supply free first class

insurance with if you do use finance

The only free extra they would offer me was window tinting not even a

extra remote for the security system they only supply one

They did not offer me a good trade in price about half i paid for the car

I have decided to wait for a while until they become more competitive

I don't suppose the VW Amorak will ever be available here?

latest rumours says manufactoring will start in Malaysia, but at the same time I know they are talking with TH BoI

wherever made, it will take some time to establish a nationwide dealer/service if VW ever decide to go volume in TH

Checked out Mitsubishi, ford and Toyota today

I like the Ford Ranger they have 2 demo vehicles manual and

auto in the XLT Performs well even with the 2.2 engine the

salesman took me to the hill where the monkeys live and it

had adequate torque in my opinion.

I does not have a tray liner and they do not have a price for

fitting one and also does not have a limited slip diff

The 2WD wildtrak in is a better choice for me delivery time

2 months about 5 on the 4X4

The wildtrak range is the only model they do not supply free first class

insurance with if you do use finance

The only free extra they would offer me was window tinting not even a

extra remote for the security system they only supply one

They did not offer me a good trade in price about half i paid for the car

I have decided to wait for a while until they become more competitive

which will be in March during BKK Motorshow

but Ford Phuket isnt very competetive at any point, you would get a sweeter deal in BKK, use ford.co.th dealerlocator and you have a couple of hundre phonenumbers

perfomance of the ford/mazda 2,2 2wd is on par with vigo/dmax 3,0 4x4, higher tourque than both of them

Another pick up no one has mentioned..

The new style, Suzuki.. dropside, flatbed pick up...this is a good looker,

A versatile,many use pick up.. i have seen many options and uses for this vehicle..eg there is a BUTTY WAGON ..by the Naiharn beach area,many others,taxi tuk tuks ,Fridge vans,delivery vans etc..i dont know the basic cost of these but i dont think expensive...a geat work horse..

325k baht as 3 seater, 1600cc petrol, ad 25k baht for LPG. great inexpensive little workhorse

What i forgot to mention is the first car buyers rebate on a 869000B pickup

is just over 26000B

if its a 4 door its 13% excice in it, 7% vat on top, so you need to check that figure again, like 65-75k baht for 4 door wildtrack at 869k baht

scheme list at revenuedepartment.co.th, lets hope I got that adress right, if not search in Motoring forum

is just over 26000B

if its a 4 door its 13% excice in it, 7% vat on top, so you need to check that figure again, like 65-75k baht for 4 door wildtrack at 869k baht

scheme list at revenuedepartment.co.th, lets hope I got that adress right, if not search in Motoring forum

there seems to be no interuptions as rumoured (by some foreigners who do not qualify anyway) to the tax rebate scheme, and correct adress is excice.go.th

is just over 26000B

i asked the salesman what the rebate was, he worked it out on a calculator

He told me 26070 baht which is 3% , i do not have a clue how the rebate works

You do not get it as a discount on the vehicle, you have to claim it back from the government yourself

is just over 26000B

You do not get it as a discount on the vehicle, you have to claim it back from the government yourself

Sounds to me you got a discount on the car Peter. Because that is not the excise tax rebate, which is almost 10%.

is just over 26000B

there seems to be no interuptions as rumoured (by some foreigners who do not qualify anyway) to the tax rebate scheme, and correct adress is excice.go.th

Make that excise.co.th

Direct link to the cars and their 'rebate is this one: http://www.excise.go.th/fileadmin/STA/pdf_file/car/doublecab_18102554.pdf

Edited by stevenl

is just over 26000B

Sounds to me you got a discount on the car Peter. Because that is not the excise tax rebate, which is almost 10%.

As i said i asked the salesman what the first car owners rebate would be, he worked out the amount

and said it had to be collected from the government, so its not a discount by the car dealer

is just over 26000B

That's not a rebate. That's a discount.

To promte sales, staff can offer a discount up to 30,000 Baht per million. Cash is unusal. Usually they will have free gifts, like 1 Baht of Gold (24,000 B), or free 1 year insurance (15-20,000 B), or you can choose accessories up to the value offer.

Since you are farang, he/she probably shy to discuss the opnion, and offer you cash discount.

is just over 26000B

thats the tax rebate for a 2 door, not a 4 door

is just over 26000B

Make that excise.co.th

Direct link to the cars and their 'rebate is this one: http://www.excise.go...ab_18102554.pdf

thanks stevenl

Since you are farang, he/she probably shy to discuss the opnion, and offer you cash discount.

No discount on Ranger Wildtrack, line up and pay MSRP

If any promotion, it consists of Insurance and freebies, reg/plate/book hard to get free

Come back next year, and see if que to get one is gonecoffee1.gif

I like the XLT model i drove, the 2 demo models at the dealer

have no tray linner or roll bar, all the advertising material shows

the XLT equiped with these, it could be ford has run out of them

and sent the demos out without them, although i could not clarify

that with the salesman because of language differences

The LSD i can live without and the XLT is a better looking vehicle

than the Wildtrak with all its black plastic in my opinion.

It costs 799000 baht plus 11350 baht registration and transport

charges and has free first class insurance

I will pay cash and sell the Vious privately as the price the dealer

offered is very low and i know i can do better selling below the price the

used car dealer will sell it for

to manage 799k baht, they decided to drop stainless rollbar and bedliner. Bedliner is a must at 5400baht, a much nicer rollbar in dual 3inch pipes is 8k baht

Used Vios sell like hot bread, so wouldnt worry

Go for it Petercowboy.gif

is just over 26000B

thats the tax rebate for a 2 door, not a 4 door

Could be the amount for a 2-door, but 2-doors don't qualify for the rebate.

My previous post is not correct, just found all the amounts, and KBB was correct, it sounds very much like this is the rebate for a 2-door, and they do qualify.

qualifying are, Thai made

cars max 1500cc

pickups any size/plate body and engine (max 3250cc tho)

max one million baht MSRP/retailprice

Ford tried to lobby in their Fiesta1600cc, but to no vail

I was just driving behind a new Ford Ranger XLT 4 door. The tailgate looked pretty high off the ground. Back bumper is the one with the step down piece in the middle which IMO is much better than the straight ones for those who wish or need to climb onto the back. Back window looks same as Vigo. New body looks pretty cool. In the past Ford have always been behind the others in terms of specs but maybe this has changed with the new model. Is it possible the liner tray company has been affected by the floods?

Peter try Sure Motors & see what they are willing to offer for your car.

I was just driving behind a new Ford Ranger XLT 4 door. The tailgate looked pretty high off the ground. Back bumper is the one with the step down piece in the middle which IMO is much better than the straight ones for those who wish or need to climb onto the back. Back window looks same as Vigo. New body looks pretty cool. In the past Ford have always been behind the others in terms of specs but maybe this has changed with the new model. Is it possible the liner tray company has been affected by the floods?

and the Indian/Thai guys at the junction north of Dowroong junction

to manage 799k baht, they decided to drop stainless rollbar and bedliner. Bedliner is a must at 5400baht, a much nicer rollbar in dual 3inch pipes is 8k baht

Used Vios sell like hot bread, so wouldnt worry

Go for it Petercowboy.gif

The Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT @ 799K has a poorer interior and less power compared to the 2.8 Chevy Colorado LTZ @ 794K. Can anyone explain why the ford would be a better option? It looks pretty crap to me.

I only got one independent quote on the car and he offered 350K and when the Mrs said no way

He asked how much we wanted and she said we would think about it,, plenty of car dealers around

I have had a couple of people offer to buy the car when it was not for sale so i will not have a problem

selling it.

Mrs likes the Wildtrack so thats what we will get, the added features make it good value for money

They said delivery in March for the 2WD so i will sell the car once we have taken delivery of it

From what you have posted about your car i would value it for a quick private sale..would be between 375,000 and 400,00o bht...and thats from an old car dealer of many years in the trade...good luck Peter..

I only got one independent quote on the car and he offered 350K and when the Mrs said no way

He asked how much we wanted and she said we would think about it,, plenty of car dealers around

I have had a couple of people offer to buy the car when it was not for sale so i will not have a problem

selling it.

Mrs likes the Wildtrack so thats what we will get, the added features make it good value for money

They said delivery in March for the 2WD so i will sell the car once we have taken delivery of it

PETER....After looking at previous posts describing your car... i would value it at, between ..375,000 and 400.000 bht..this for a quick private sale.....this from an old car dealer with many years experiance..good luck..

In the past Ford have always been behind the others in terms of specs but maybe this has changed with the new model.

Ford ranger 1985-2011 has been based on a 1985 Mazda platform, which of course was getting terribly dated past decade. However specs since 2006 has been on par or better than competition with nice 2,5 and 3,0 engines, 5 speed auto and 4 airbags, still not available in some of the others