90 Day Reporting Ed Visa Not In Thailand

i have a ed visa and have to do my 90 day reporting on the 4th of february, i want to travel to kuala lumpur over those dates

with a re-entry perm what will ahppen when i return(do i not have to report or does my new 90 day start again when i enter

thailand after my trip/

thanx

rick

You are sure you have a one year extension of stay? Your current permitted to stay date is well in the future? You say 90 day reporting and that is often a new extension for an ED visa (especially for language study) so want to be sure.

If you have one year extension you will make address report 90 days after return (return is day one).

i have to report on the 4th of february but it is ok i can report and than travel to malaysia after that date. am i right that

i will have to get a re-entry visa for the travelling?

another question you might be able to help me with, my father has a retirement visa wich runs out on the 1st of may as he is not

in the country beginning of may is it possible for him to renew his visa 1 month earlier or is that not possible?

thanks for your help

rick

sorry i think a new extension of ed visa is what i have

rick

You must know what you have.

Did you go to an Immigration office in Thailand and get a years extension.

or was your visa obtained in another country? And has a "m" in the visa type.

Yes you will need to obtain the re-entry permit after getting your new 90 day extension of stay stamp in your passport. When you return you enter that information in the visa section of arrival card and be sure to check you are stamped to that current date.

All offices will accept retirement extension up to 30 days early so father should not have a problem. In fact it is a good idea to always do early as if there has been a change you have time to obtain paperwork. The new stamp will be for one year from previous extension date. Be sure he also gets a re-entry permit after getting the new stamp.

Yes you will need to obtain the re-entry permit after getting your new 90 day extension of stay stamp in your passport. When you return you enter that information in the visa section of arrival card and be sure to check you are stamped to that current date.

All offices will accept retirement extension up to 30 days early so father should not have a problem. In fact it is a good idea to always do early as if there has been a change you have time to obtain paperwork. The new stamp will be for one year from previous extension date. Be sure he also gets a re-entry permit after getting the new stamp.

thank you very much for your help much appreciated

rick