Babysitting Wage

emugirl

I know a 17 year old Thai girl that's getting 500 baht a DAY to look after a 1 1/2 year old. Personally I think it's a pretty high rate since the minimum wage is 300 per day for laborers....they work a lot harder than a baby sitter. Not sure if this helps or not, good luck.

I know a 17 year old Thai girl that's getting 500 baht a DAY to look after a 1 1/2 year old. Personally I think it's a pretty high rate since the minimum wage is 300 per day for laborers....they work a lot harder than a baby sitter. Not sure if this helps or not, good luck.

I'm not sure I would trust my 15 month year old to a labourer..

This is not an easy question to answer, it has to be someone you have complete confidence in and trust..

If you are talking casual then the rate could really be very low, I for example would pay my cleaner extra money to look after my boy in the nights if I wanted to go out..

The cleaner gets 8000 baht for a month, thats 9 till 5 monday to saturday, but if I asked her to babysit in the night also I would give her an extra 500 baht in cash (The wife would only give 300 baht though)