13 Reasons Why I Like My Galaxy Note More Than My Iphone 4S

oakweb

And the iPhone5 interface would look exactly the same as the 4s and the 4 and the 3gs and the 3...

Nice enough phone but way too boring...

There is zero lag with the Galaxy phones, the whole experience is much more entertaining than the iPhone (I had iphone for 3 years).

The iPhone was a leader in the past but no longer (in my opinion)...

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Note app. 3 weeks ago and I am impressed. Before that I had a HTC Wildfire and during that time I never downloaded any aps/games because I found the screen too small for about everything.

With the Note I have downloaded games and different aps on it and I stopped carry my camera and uses the Note's 8GB one and the quality is okay.

I also uses the calender for appointments as the keypad is big and easy to use.

Only thing I really haven't sorted out is the use of the S pen, but I am really bad at drawing and are not really interested.

I don't have any experience with the iPhones so I don't have an opinion about them.

I think we will see more +5 inch screen sized phones in the future.

Giant phones seem to be the wave of the future... in the past having an iPhone-sized device was a stretch - pretty much the biggest anyone could imagine putting in their pocket.

And now... 5"? Wow. I am not surprised anymore when a student girl pulls a ginormous phone from her purse. If not two. Even I think they could make the iPhone 4" without making the phone much bigger. As an added bonus - and there is speculation that that is the reason all LGE / 4G devices have large screens - a large screen means there's more room for a battery, too.

As an aside - I think it's really funny how the "tech savvy" crowd has soooo many issues with iTunes. Wow, it's so hard, iTunes :P I find it extremely flexible to be honest. Files and folders superior to a database that syncs... you've got to be joking.

As an aside - I think it's really funny how the "tech savvy" crowd has soooo many issues with iTunes. Wow, it's so hard, iTunes tongue.png I find it extremely flexible to be honest. Files and folders superior to a database that syncs... you've got to be joking.

I think it is more than that...........Because truth is you can use many free programs & sync with android too.

But Itunes just puts themselves right in the middle like a toll bridge & allows NO choice

Where with android there are many developers who do their own thing & you can

pick things up from them without having to first be approved by the toll bridge operator.

So to that end tech savy folks like the Android based hardware because of the ability to customize as

they want

At the end of the day it seems to me Itunes is just an unnecessary step.

It is not complicated just unnecessary

Iphones & Ipads are great hardware....Quality throughout for sure. But for many it is Itunes they do not like & the limits

it imposes on development

Just my opinion of course

Edited by flying

Pretty sure that when i backed up music onto iTunes and then tried to put a copy onto my wifes iPod, iTunes wouldn't let me (thinking all was safely backed up in iTunes I had deleted the music from my pc months before).

+1 for not liking iTunes

Edited by bkkmick

Itunes is horrible, it's embarrassing for the Apple team and I have to think they are working on making it better. Every tech writer out there bashes it, and I'm one of the customers that loaths it. Having multiple computers in my house and trying

to remember where what iDevice is synced where is ridiculous in my book, and their limitations on how many "authorized devices" you can have. How about trying to make a backup of your contacts to use on another device besides Apple, anyone tried that yet. Almost impossible.

Itunes is horrible, it's embarrassing for the Apple team and I have to think they are working on making it better. Every tech writer out there bashes it, and I'm one of the customers that loaths it. Having multiple computers in my house and trying

to remember where what iDevice is synced where is ridiculous in my book, and their limitations on how many "authorized devices" you can have. How about trying to make a backup of your contacts to use on another device besides Apple, anyone tried that yet. Almost impossible.

While I dont use it myself.....I think the problem you just described is why online based backups & syncing like cloud,dropbox etc. will be popular or more popular in the future.

Just having a stash of things available to you anywhere in the world might come in very handy for many folks

Edited by flying

While I dont use it myself.....I think the problem you just described is why online based backups & syncing like cloud,dropbox etc. will be popular or more popular in the future.

Just having a stash of things available to you anywhere in the world might come in very handy for many folks

I am thinking Apple's "solution" for all this is iCloud and WiFi syncing. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well yet. But eventually they'll get there.

I don't have multiple computers so which is authorized where is thankfully no issue. That would suck... on the plus side, switching from your old iPhone to a new iPhone is a snap - just restore from backup, and you get *everything* back - apps, settings, screen layout, text messages, contacts.... everything. I don't know how that works on Android - or if it works at all - but on the old Nokias the best they could do is restore your contacts via SIM card...

Giant phones seem to be the wave of the future... in the past having an iPhone-sized device was a stretch - pretty much the biggest anyone could imagine putting in their pocket.

And now... 5"? Wow. I am not surprised anymore when a student girl pulls a ginormous phone from her purse. If not two. Even I think they could make the iPhone 4" without making the phone much bigger. As an added bonus - and there is speculation that that is the reason all LGE / 4G devices have large screens - a large screen means there's more room for a battery, too.

As an aside - I think it's really funny how the "tech savvy" crowd has soooo many issues with iTunes. Wow, it's so hard, iTunes tongue.png I find it extremely flexible to be honest. Files and folders superior to a database that syncs... you've got to be joking.

when I pay good money for my music I want to be able to play it in the format and on the device of my choice, not the one Itunes allows me to use. Good enough explanation for you?

Many people still live in the 70ies where devices have a letter (C:, D:, E:) and files will be found soewhere in a hierarchical file system.

iTunes still has space for improvement, but it is the future of computing. The average John Doe does not want to cope with devices and directories. He just wants his media - period.

Not to talk about DRM issues.

Files and folders will still survive, but only for hackers and programmers.

OK, back on topic.....

I am sorely tempted to buy a Note tomorrow, but would like to hear from anyone who is using it as their main phone for a while. I am worried I will struggle with the sheer size of the thing - and it will be my main phone dragged around in my pocket 24/7.

My BB Torch bit the dust last week (drunken moisture ingress - long story). I was thinking about getting a tablet, and need a sat-nav, so the Note offers good value for me personally, if I can live with it as a day to day phone.

OK, back on topic.....

I am sorely tempted to buy a Note tomorrow, but would like to hear from anyone who is using it as their main phone for a while. I am worried I will struggle with the sheer size of the thing - and it will be my main phone dragged around in my pocket 24/7.

My BB Torch bit the dust last week (drunken moisture ingress - long story). I was thinking about getting a tablet, and need a sat-nav, so the Note offers good value for me personally, if I can live with it as a day to day phone.

Easy: Just carry it in a man-purse.

:)

I am an Apple user (Macs, iPads and iPhone). One important thing I am missing in the discussion: all my data get synchronized automatically over all my devices (with free apple iCloud). That is really an outstanding feature. Nobody on a windows /Android platform can do that so easily with zero technical knowledge

I have a iPhone 4s easy to jailbreak and one click of ifunbox and I transfer all my files very quickly I haven't used iTunes for for a very long time

My wife has a galaxy s2 and I agree it's probably quicker, larger screen ,, faster , better photos , BUT I still much prefer my iPhone it might just be the fact that Samsung is very cheap looking and feels very plasticy ,

Look at Samsung 2nd prices a Samsung galaxy s2 can be bought for 10,000 baht now new are around 18,000 , just my view if you want the best probably it's a Samsung but I still would go for the Apple every time!

Many people still live in the 70ies where devices have a letter (C:, D:, E:) and files will be found soewhere in a hierarchical file system.

iTunes still has space for improvement, but it is the future of computing. The average John Doe does not want to cope with devices and directories. He just wants his media - period.

Not to talk about DRM issues.

Files and folders will still survive, but only for hackers and programmers.

i can cope with finding my music in a folder called "My Music " on my home screen ,i am not a hacker or a programer ;)

am i still living in the 70s ? licklips.gif

I have a iPhone 4s easy to jailbreak and one click of ifunbox and I transfer all my files very quickly I haven't used iTunes for for a very long time

My wife has a galaxy s2 and I agree it's probably quicker, larger screen ,, faster , better photos , BUT I still much prefer my iPhone it might just be the fact that Samsung is very cheap looking and feels very plasticy ,

Look at Samsung 2nd prices a Samsung galaxy s2 can be bought for 10,000 baht now new are around 18,000 , just my view if you want the best probably it's a Samsung but I still would go for the Apple every time!

if the samsung gs2 is too plasticy for ya get a htc or a motorola razr ,solid as a brick ,you could crack a skull with it and still have the freedom world that is android

i like the GS2 ,yes ,its light ,yes,they made it with plastic and yes ,i like it that way :)

OK, back on topic.....

Easy: Just carry it in a man-purse.

smile.png

man bag nikster, man bag. like this:

sexy-hemp-man-bag.jpg

anyway, the note looks great and it is a good size if you kind of want a pad but not the big one. hemming and hawing, by the time i make up my mind, it will be out of manufacture :P

OK, back on topic.....

QED for me the size is only an issue when I work out, I kept my iPhone for that and use my Note everywhere else.

Well I finally did it and bought one - wow! is all I can say at the moment....

Size not an issue so far, will see how I feel after a week or 2 - might have to look for a man bag biggrin.png

Edit - corrected tiny font size.

Edited by QED

when I pay good money for my music I want to be able to play it in the format and on the device of my choice, not the one Itunes allows me to use. Good enough explanation for you?

Nope. I have no idea what you're talking about, to be honest. iTunes plays mp3, AAC, Apple Lossless. It rips stuff from your CDs. I don't know what format you might have that iTunes doesn't play. FLAC? If you do there's free converters to Apple Lossless.

How does iTunes restrict what devices you can play your music on?? Most everything on iTunes these days is available as mp3, can be played anywhere and everywhere. The only reason there were copyright restrictions in the beginning is that the content owners wanted it. And wouldn't sell without. But that's history.

In addition, nobody forces you to buy music in the iTunes store - you can buy it on Amazon, on a CD, torrent it, or get it anywhere else, and import it. Change it to rip to mp3 in the preferences if you have devices that can't handle AAC (mind you AAC is better than mp3 at the same bit rate, and restriction free too).

Not when I bought an Itunes card. Downloads were almost entirely AAC, which I did not know when I wasted the money on the card, and if I wanted to listen to music I paid for on my mp3 player (because i don't need a super expensive mp3 player) I could not do so because AAC is an apple proprietary format (and just so you know, the conversion made the music I paid for sound like crap) Maybe they allow other formats now, but too late. They irked me. smile.png

Regardless, this thread is not about Apple and if you want to talk Apple stuff, best do so in the Apple forum.

i have three 7 year old Motorola Razrs, each with a different SIM. here are my 20 main reasons why i like them:

-i use them to make phone calls

-i use them to receive phone calls

I have told everyone I know, don't EVER send me a text message, as I will not acknowledge it. If you have something to tell me, call me. I have yet to send my first text message, because I tend to respect others enough that I still find, clear, two communication important.

Edited by lannarebirth

I have had the Note for nearly 2 months not. I have owned an iPhone and two previous Android devices, both HTC. I love the freedom on Android. I had to Jail Break my IPhone to get half the flexibility. I do like the design iPhones, they look great, but I loathe iTunes.

While I agree with the poster above that many people buy Android's because they can't afford an iPhone, for many that is due to their own ignorance and devotion to brand perception and little to due with the ease of use or functionality of the phone.

I've found the Galaxy Note to be the best phone I have used by far. It is almost too big, but not quite. I can work out in the gym with it in my pocket, can fit it in my jeans/work trousers comfortably, even when riding my motorbike.

The Galaxy Note is slim, fast, and very user friendly. I skinned it with Go Launcher EX (available in the market), and now it is even more user friendly.

I see iPhone users staring longingly at the Note's massive, beautiful screen. Truth be told, when I hold my iPhone now I feel like I have been served a half-pint. Sure sometimes that is all you need, but who the heck ever orders one?

Unless gyms have changed radically since I was in school, why would you want to have a phone in your pocket while exercising? Doctor DeBakey might have if mobile phones existed then, but who else?

I have had the Note for nearly 2 months not. I have owned an iPhone and two previous Android devices, both HTC. I love the freedom on Android. I had to Jail Break my IPhone to get half the flexibility. I do like the design iPhones, they look great, but I loathe iTunes.

While I agree with the poster above that many people buy Android's because they can't afford an iPhone, for many that is due to their own ignorance and devotion to brand perception and little to due with the ease of use or functionality of the phone.

I've found the Galaxy Note to be the best phone I have used by far. It is almost too big, but not quite. I can work out in the gym with it in my pocket, can fit it in my jeans/work trousers comfortably, even when riding my motorbike.

The Galaxy Note is slim, fast, and very user friendly. I skinned it with Go Launcher EX (available in the market), and now it is even more user friendly.

I see iPhone users staring longingly at the Note's massive, beautiful screen. Truth be told, when I hold my iPhone now I feel like I have been served a half-pint. Sure sometimes that is all you need, but who the heck ever orders one?

Unless gyms have changed radically since I was in school, why would you want to have a phone in your pocket while exercising? Doctor DeBakey might have if mobile phones existed then, but who else?

No gym workout would be complete without this little baby. But wait there is more, slip on the water proof case and be the envy of all the guys in the sauna, a great conversation starter ( comes in different hook sizes for the sauna)

Its not just for the gym though, the man about town likes to wear this as an accessory with different colors to go with the most imaginative outfits and the ladies will be impressed

Bondi-used-in-Gym.jpg

Edited by Hooters

No gym workout would be complete without this little baby. But wait there is more, slip on the water proof case and be the envy of all the guys in the sauna, a great conversation starter ( comes in different hook sizes for the sauna)

Its not just for the gym though, the man about town likes to wear this as an accessory with different colors to go with the most imaginative outfits and the ladies will be impressed

Bondi-used-in-Gym.jpg

I don't know who that guy is, but I'm embarassed for him.

I have yet to send my first text message, because I tend to respect others enough that I still find, clear, two communication important.

Don't you also respect their privacy? Why expect a person talk to you at the whim of your calling, or be annoyed by a ringing phone when that person might be otherwise engaged. A simple text often helps up front.