Exporting Bike With Invoice Only

mezcal

Hi all

I recently started a topic regarding exporting bike parts to Germany and I got very helpful replies.

Now I'm thinking of going one step further and actually exporting a whole bike. The bike(s) in question would only have the invoice and no registration.

Has anyone got experience with this? What would roughly be the cost to ship to Germany?

Any other expenses on my side apart from the shipping costs? Any taxes, custom fees in Thailand?

Anything else worth knowing before starting such endeavor?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Most dealers are not allowed to sell bikes for export. For example, AP Honda requires us to send them a list of bikes we have sold with their registration numbers. Some exporters get around this by registering the bike and then cancelling the registration before export.

I think your best bet would be to find a shipping/export company with experience in this field. Best of Luck.

Brian

I don't see the point of doing that, in germany bikes are cheaper than here except maybe for scooters.

I think it depends on the bike. Thai made bikes. tend to be cheaper here. the Honda Cbr250 certainly is. but the Open should realize that the Thai specifications are slightly different. head light etc.

I don't see the point of doing that, in germany bikes are cheaper than here except maybe for scooters.

I think it depends on the bike. Thai made bikes. tend to be cheaper here. the Honda Cbr250 certainly is. but the Open should realize that the Thai specifications are slightly different. head light etc.

After paying the freight costs as well as the import duty and VAT in Germany, the bike will probably end up being more expensive, than if the OP bought a new bike in Germany.

A friend in Germany asked me to gather some info about the import of a SR400.

I'm not really keen on doing it, because it's a lot of hassle and the financial gain is minimal.

Yamaha SR are imported in Thailand from Japan. So, the best thing to do would probably be to buy one in Japan and ship it to Germany directly, right? There is quite a big following in Germany for this bike, almost like in Thailand. But they only have old bikes, as Yamaha discontinued the import some time in the 80's I think.

I do wonder though, the SR 2010 comes with FI and catalysator...if it can pass the emission tests, why don't they import them legally?