Downloaded Movie To Dvd. How To?

Jockstar

I downloaded a movie using Bit Comet. I can get the movie to play on my PC no problem. Using vlc player. But i'm wondering. How can i burn it to DVD to play on my standalone DVD player. Any ideas guys. Its in mvn format. Had to extrach from winRar first. So now i have files that i can just click on when i open vlc player. So no problems there. Just how can i get it to DVD? Cheers.

Edited by Jockstar

Others will help with the conversion/burning process but they may need to know what formats (DVD-R/DVD-RW) and codecs (XVID/DIVX) are supported by your DVD player. That information might be in the manual, or you can Google the make/model for specs. on-line.

Others will help with the conversion/burning process but they may need to know what formats (DVD-R/DVD-RW) and codecs (XVID/DIVX) are supported by your DVD player. That information might be in the manual, or you can Google the make/model for specs. on-line.

???? Confused. I have the files on the Pc. With some other files. Its easy. I use DVD shrink then Nero. But for this format this method wont work. So looking to get these files to DVD. Any suggestions?

I've never heard of a video exension .mvn but there is a .mv which can mean a couple of things. One it is an sgi-video (proprietary) another is that it is a mpeg-a. Possible that it is a quicktime format also. There is also .m1v format.

Try changing the extension to .mov and see if it will open in quicktime. If not try changing the extension to .mpg and see if anything will open it. See what happens and update the information here for further analysis.

Also you can open a dos window, use "run cmd" and then use "more" filename.xxx and see if you can see any readable header information in the file to determine it's format.

How can i burn it to DVD to play on my standalone DVD player. Any ideas guys.

I use NeroVision Express to make my DVD's from avi, mpg ,mov files, seems to handle any file format you throw at it. Its really simple to use and you don't need to know much about formats, bitrates etc. Can take a long time to make a DVD though, around 2 - 3 hours.

Lately I just hook up the TV-out & audio out from the laptop to the TV and just play them from the laptop. It looks better and if you want to archive to DVD you can fit a lot more movies in Xvid format on a single DVD.

Edited by Simmo

How can i burn it to DVD to play on my standalone DVD player. Any ideas guys.

Hey there.

I use NeroVision Express to make my DVD's from avi, mpg ,mov files, seems to handle any file format you throw at it. Its really simple to use and you don't need to know much about formats, bitrates etc. Can take a long time to make a DVD though, around 2 - 3 hours.

Lately I just hook up the TV-out & audio out from the laptop to the TV and just play them from the laptop. It looks better and if you want to archive to DVD you can fit a lot more moviers in Xvid format on a single DVD.