Bad Beer From The Mom & Pop Shop

Mosha

I like the BIL option. Even my wife hates him. I'm not looking at money back from the shop btw. However, a friend had a similar experience in a restaurant. He in my experience handled it wrong. Just wondering how contacting the brewers would go down.

Uhhhhhhh, forget about it?

Conversely, you could go on a rampage beginning with beating Mom & Pop to death with the empty bottle and then you could terrorize the countryside by randomly attacking all and sundry with said empty bottle. Eventually you would probably be shot dead by the police or some other armed personnel, but not to worry, you're story would be immortalized in villages throughout Issan. I can imagine the ghost sightings throughout the years as well, you would probably be known as the "Drunken Farang Cheap Charlie Ghost with the Bullet Hole in the Head" spirit.

The last option is that we here at TV could donate 1 satang each and replace the 50 baht you spent. That might take a few years though.

blink.png

My advice is; drink 10 large bottles of good Leo beer, then after that you will be too drunk to notice how bad the off bottle of beer tastes.

After all, it all goes down the same way and comes out the same way.

As for complaining about the bad bottle of Leo, just forget it, there are worse troubles at sea.

it is not the bottle it is normal Leo quality

Hold on there!

If you'd take a poll of [Thai beer only] Farang beer drinkers, you'll find that Leo is a very close second to Beer Lao.

It's really not that bad - could be a whole lot worse.

I'm not looking at money back from the shop btw.

Why not? You buy a faulty product from a shop and the shop should refund you and then get refunded themselves by the wholesaler or manufacturer. It's very straightforward and happens all over the world.

Just because Thais believe that they are not responsible when they sell bad products does not make it so.

• Like 1

I'd deal with this huge tragedy by writing a post on an anonymous internet forum.

always enjoyed your posts, but kinda respected the fact you stopped posting once you'd left the country

I still live in Thailand. I just happen to work in Hong Kong.

It's a relative thing

H'mm turns out they have an FB page.

Companies with social media can be overly sensitive to the new media,write a polite complaint on their page and the may spring for a case just to get some cheap pr.

tightwad wink.png

• Like 1

Hold on there!

If you'd take a poll of [Thai beer only] Farang beer drinkers, you'll find that Leo is a very close second to Beer Lao.

I actually know quite a few well-to-do farangs who can afford to drink any beer but choose Leo. And this over non-Thai beers as well. Now Chang....that's a different story.

Always check the fill date; it's a clear code usually on the back label. Try for something filled within the last 10 days. Given the temperatures, especially during transport and storage here, it doesn't take long to develop off tastes, more so in green bottles (more of an issue for Heineken here). Small convenience stores here seem to get stock with older, out of date inventory from their suppliers.

I've purchased.consumed beer filled two days previous; it's a bit like bread, the fresher the better.

• Like 1

Hold on there!

I actually know quite a few well-to-do farangs who can afford to drink any beer but choose Leo. And this over non-Thai beers as well. Now Chang....that's a different story.

Many expats consider it their duty to slag off the local beer of any country they settle in. If they move to Laos they will start complaining that Beer Lao is crap! But so what, it's all down to personal taste isn't it?

Have you tried Chang Export, worth a try.

• Like 1