Bad Beer From The Mom & Pop Shop

Mosha

it is not the bottle it is normal Leo quality

Hold on there!

If you'd take a poll of [Thai beer only] Farang beer drinkers, you'll find that Leo is a very close second to Beer Lao.

It's really not that bad - could be a whole lot worse.

I actually know quite a few well-to-do farangs who can afford to drink any beer but choose Leo. And this over non-Thai beers as well. Now Chang....that's a different story.

Many expats consider it their duty to slag off the local beer of any country they settle in. If they move to Laos they will start complaining that Beer Lao is crap! But so what, it's all down to personal taste isn't it?

Have you tried Chang Export, worth a try.

coffee1.gifdrunk.gif No they won't.

I'd deal with this huge tragedy by writing a post on an anonymous internet forum.

always enjoyed your posts, but kinda respected the fact you stopped posting once you'd left the country

I still live in Thailand. I just happen to work in Hong Kong.

It's a relative thing

ah, understood.

Uhhhhhhh, forget about it?

Conversely, you could go on a rampage beginning with beating Mom & Pop to death with the empty bottle and then you could terrorize the countryside by randomly attacking all and sundry with said empty bottle. Eventually you would probably be shot dead by the police or some other armed personnel, but not to worry, you're story would be immortalized in villages throughout Issan. I can imagine the ghost sightings throughout the years as well, you would probably be known as the "Drunken Farang Cheap Charlie Ghost with the Bullet Hole in the Head" spirit.

The last option is that we here at TV could donate 1 satang each and replace the 50 baht you spent. That might take a few years though.

blink.png

thumbsup.gif

Both excellent suggestions.

Is there an account where we can donate?

Conversely, you could go on a rampage beginning with beating Mom & Pop to death with the empty bottle and then you could terrorize the countryside by randomly attacking all and sundry with said empty bottle. Eventually you would probably be shot dead by the police or some other armed personnel, but not to worry, you're story would be immortalized in villages throughout Issan. I can imagine the ghost sightings throughout the years as well, you would probably be known as the "Drunken Farang Cheap Charlie Ghost with the Bullet Hole in the Head" spirit.

The last option is that we here at TV could donate 1 satang each and replace the 50 baht you spent. That might take a few years though.

blink.png

thumbsup.gif

I'd like to know where he's purchasing Leo for 50 baht.

blink.png

thumbsup.gif

A bar. unsure.png

blink.png

thumbsup.gif

3 large bottles 150 Baht to be found at at least 3 shops. The offending bottle was almost 2 months old. Or rather it was bottled at the beginning of november.

3 shops within 1 km 3 large bottles 150 baht. and that's how I buy it. As it happens the offending bottle was bottled 11th November. I happen to drink Leo as IMHO it's better than Chang, Chang gives me the shits, and Singha is lacking in body since they reduced the strength some years back. Some people think Heineken is beer. It's a funny old world.

For a big Leo: there are back to 42, here -my area- in Nonthaburi.

Prices went up to 50+/bottle during the floods... but now, everything is back to normal!

As well, being myself half Belgian and half Indonesian: the dutch label -as mentioned previously- is a complete no-no for me.

3 shops within 1 km 3 large bottles 150 baht. and that's how I buy it. As it happens the offending bottle was bottled 11th November. I happen to drink Leo as IMHO it's better than Chang, Chang gives me the shits, and Singha is lacking in body since they reduced the strength some years back. Some people think Heineken is beer. It's a funny old world.

You must try Chang DRAUGHT, 5% and no shits or headache. cowboy.gif

We are opening a bar for expats selling sour beer safe in the knowledge they think it's great :P Your landlords back home must have loved you. Our 3 bottles was 141 Baht until diesel went to to about 31.5 Baht. It's now 32 round here.

We are opening a bar for expats selling sour beer safe in the knowledge they think it's great tongue.png Your landlords back home must have loved you. Our 3 bottles was 141 Baht until diesel went to to about 31.5 Baht. It's now 32 round here.

Can you translate all that. cowboy.gif

We are opening a bar for expats selling sour beer safe in the knowledge they think it's great tongue.png Your landlords back home must have loved you. Our 3 bottles was 141 Baht until diesel went to to about 31.5 Baht. It's now 32 round here.

I think he means that as diesel is cheaper than beer he's drinking that now...

Could be wrong.

Could be wrong.

Or maybe he just anounced a price rise for the beer bottles he's selling in his bar since the main ingredient has gone up in price.

• Like 1

Could be wrong.

Or maybe he just anounced a price rise for the beer bottles he's selling in his bar since the main ingredient has gone up in price.

You'd need to have no taste buds at all to switch from diesel to beer, just to save a couple of baht.

Have you tried cocktails - brasso and creosote, for example?

For a healthy shine all over

SC

Mosha . .you be sure to keep us all informed on this important subject, ok? I dont know about anyone else, but I had trouble sleeping last night, wondering how it's all going to pan out.

Why do people make posts like this?

it is not the bottle it is normal Leo quality

Hold on there!

If you'd take a poll of [Thai beer only] Farang beer drinkers, you'll find that Leo is a very close second to Beer Lao.

It's really not that bad - could be a whole lot worse.

I actually know quite a few well-to-do farangs who can afford to drink any beer but choose Leo. And this over non-Thai beers as well. Now Chang....that's a different story.

Many expats consider it their duty to slag off the local beer of any country they settle in. If they move to Laos they will start complaining that Beer Lao is crap! But so what, it's all down to personal taste isn't it?

Have you tried Chang Export, worth a try.

Chang Export is the bomb.

How much did you pay for the bad bottle of Leo, and what is your income?

And you've received 53 reply posts, so have you decided what your next move is?

(My personal favorites in order: Leo, Lao, Tiger, Chang, Heinekin. (Chang Export not on my list at all.) )