Ministry Officials Check Boy Bars In South Pattaya

webfact

Ministry officials check Boy Bars in South Pattaya

25_01_55_1_5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Officials from the Social Development and Human Security Ministry along with Pattaya Police and Child and Women Protection Offices from Region 2 Police, conducted a raid of Boy Bars located in Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya, following direct complaints made to the Ministry suggesting underage boys were employed by Bars in the area and they were selling themselves to foreign tourists.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...s-south-pattaya

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Sunny plaza should be demolished,preferably with some of the bar owners and customers prevented to leave.

How many times already have there been found underage boys selling sex?

What to replace it with? Fish massage?

Whatever.You're not promoting sex with underage boys.are you?

Sunee plaza is what gives Pattaya a bad name,it stinks.

Edited by janverbeem

Sunny plaza should be demolished,preferably with some of the bar owners and customers prevented to leave.

There you go. How predictable. So when did you stop beating your wife?

You sound like an official from Iran. Because there are some illegal workers and some customers looking to break the age of consent laws, you suggest destroying a plethora of small businesses, where the majority of activity and customer intentions are legal. The rational approach is to figure out a way to crack down on the illegal activities. My suggestion is throw the book at any BAR OWNERS found to employ underage workers, rather than a slap on the wrist. If the Thai police were really serious about stopping this, they could have years ago.

Hey, I have another brilliant idea to once and for all solve the jet ski scams! Drain the water from the bay. No water, no jet ski rentals ... simples.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

There you go. How predictable. So when did you stop beating your wife?

You sound like an official from Iran. Because there are some illegal workers and some customers looking to break the age of consent laws, you suggest destroying a plethora of small businesses, where the majority of activity and customer intentions are legal. The rational approach is to figure out a way to crack down on the illegal activities. My suggestion is throw the book at any BAR OWNERS found to employ underage workers, rather than a slap on the wrist. If the Thai police were really serious about stopping this, they could have years ago.

Hey, I have another brilliant idea to once and for all solve the jet ski scams! Drain the water from the bay. No water, no jet ski rentals ... simples.

Hilarious (and offensive to the gay coommunity) to suggest that Pattaya stinks because some operators on the gay scene use underage actors, ignoring the persistent and far more widespread use of underage actors in the hetero industry.

Hilarious (and offensive to the gay coommunity) to suggest that Pattaya stinks because some operators on the gay scene use underage actors, ignoring the persistent and far more widespread use of underage actors in the hetero industry.

Perhaps but it is not that simple.

Is there an underage heterosexual trade for f-rangs in Pattaya?

Yes of course there is but it is not as visible as the underage gay trade in Sunnee, targeted at f-rangs.

So when people say there is a pattern of a problem in Sunnee, they are correct so it would be disingenuous to say there isn't. You can blame the consumer demand, the business owners, or the police for not being serious, or all three. My point is yes it is possible to largely fix the problem, but for some reason it hasn't been fixed, but tearing down an entire district that a lot of people enjoy legitimately isn't rational. It's the kind of "solution" you would expect from totalitarian dictators.

As far as underage trade for Thais, of course that is massive all over Thailand, with the vast majority being hetero.

Edited by Jingthing

On the topic of the current situation in Sunee Plaza which I can't really say for myself as the only times I go there are to walk around to check if there are any new restaurants.

However, there was an interesting post by a locally "famous" expat on another forum, so I will summarize it:

-- The underage sex workers in Sunee bars being widespread USED to be a problem years ago, but is not so NOW

-- In recent years, MOST bars are compliant with age laws

-- There are sadly still a FEW bars which are blatantly NOT complying, not anywhere near the majority of bars though

-- Uniformed security guards (not police) regularly patrol the area; this action has cleared away the "underage street boy" situation

-- People enjoy hanging out there, its got a European cafe ambiance, watch the world go by, and many expats like it because it is not the over the top tourist trap that "Boyztown" has become

-- Underage sex workers are also not unheard of in Boyztown or nearby sois, but its always Sunee that is demonized

If this report is true, and I reckon it is, a more focused enforcement on simply going after the owners of the few offending bars would finish the clean up job. No need to tear down all the buildings and close all the law abiding businesses. Yes, the reputation of Sunee is still very bad but that doesn't mean the situation on the ground is actually that bad, and certainly no justification for destroying a popular nightlife district.

Now now, don't go on planting those ideas in that space between officials ears. biggrin.png