Current Situation In Bangkok After Flooding.

pulpfiction1

Hi. I will be travelling to Bangkok shortly, it will be my first time back there since the floods. I have been reading here about various shortages eg coke zero etc. I'm hoping some can give me an update as to how things are now? Is the situation back to normal? My biggest fear is a shortage of beer in local bars etc, and that prices will be jumping up as a result...do I have anything to worry about or is everything ok on that front?

Cheers.

Rioting in the streets because of food shortages. Lines at the stores going on forever. Rationing and coupon books are distributed, and then there's the zombies!

Anyways, come on in, have a blast. Coke zero is available and there's even rumors of beer...

Things are coming back to normal. Slowly, but they come. 7/11 is approaching to the quality it had before the floods. Beer has seen slight fluctuations as it got a bit more expensive, not much, about 1-2 Baht in the market. About Coke Zero I have no idea as I don't drink that stuff and I don't miss it, plain water does for me. What I noticed is the crime rate that has spiked recently with plenty of shootings around. But so far I've heard it on news or where it happened I wasn't a witness. Again to mention worryingly, it happens a lot around. Anyway you are welcome to spend your money wisely :)

Things are coming back to normal. Slowly, but they come. 7/11 is approaching to the quality it had before the floods. Beer has seen slight fluctuations as it got a bit more expensive, not much, about 1-2 Baht in the market. About Coke Zero I have no idea as I don't drink that stuff and I don't miss it, plain water does for me. What I noticed is the crime rate that has spiked recently with plenty of shootings around. But so far I've heard it on news or where it happened I wasn't a witness. Again to mention worryingly, it happens a lot around. Anyway you are welcome to spend your money wisely smile.png

plenty of shootings around!? What type of shootinga are they? Muggings? Criminal gangs? Are the victims usually foreigners? I've been coming to thailand for years and always felt it was so much safer than where I live (Dublin)..

Things are coming back to normal. Slowly, but they come. 7/11 is approaching to the quality it had before the floods. Beer has seen slight fluctuations as it got a bit more expensive, not much, about 1-2 Baht in the market. About Coke Zero I have no idea as I don't drink that stuff and I don't miss it, plain water does for me. What I noticed is the crime rate that has spiked recently with plenty of shootings around. But so far I've heard it on news or where it happened I wasn't a witness. Again to mention worryingly, it happens a lot around. Anyway you are welcome to spend your money wisely smile.png

plenty of shootings around!? What type of shootinga are they? Muggings? Criminal gangs? Are the victims usually foreigners? I've been coming to thailand for years and always felt it was so much safer than where I live (Dublin)..

Dunno what he's talking about.

Maybe mistaken with the Chinese new year celebrations.

There is never a shortage of beer in Bangkok. :P

The only difference is that some bars may only have small bottles rather than large. The price of beer for bar owners went up because of the floods so not all bars have been stocking up on big bottles.

Apart from that I would say everything is already back to normal.