How Visit Your Thai Wife/Child Indefinitely. No Thai Visa Required.

If married to a Thai national (or have a Thai national as a child I believe) you are entitled to extend any visa, or a 15 day (land border) or 30 day (airport) Visa Exemption stamp, for 60 days. These are officially allowed indefinitely, as long as there is a border run (you leaving the country and returning) between each extension. A Thai visa is not required.

The visa (or visa exemption) extension is based on 'visiting wife or child', and is for 60 days.

For example, if you fly in to Thailand without a visa, and are granted a 30 day Visa Exemption stamp on arrival, you then need to go to an immigration office to extend it for 60 days based on visiting your wife or child. This will grant you a total stay of 90 days.

Extension cost is 1,900. No proof of funds, or even a visa for Thailand is required, as long as you have your Visa Exemption stamp.

This is officially indefinite, which means there are no official rules as to how many of these 'runs' you can do. I personally know a few people with almost 10 runs, each run consisting of a border run (15 day stamp upon re-entering), then extension (60 days), then repeat with another border run. I have heard of many people who have been doing it for much longer than that, as for some it saves a lot of difficulties with various visas and doing a border run isn't difficult for them.

Just a heads up. smile.png

Edited by hehehoho

I personally have a non-imm visa, this is simply a heads up for people so they know what other options are available for living in Thailand (or indefinitely visiting their wife/child) , especially one that doesn't require a visa. smile.png

Edited by hehehoho