Tourist Visa Application - Uk

Hope someone can help.

I am helping a (male) Thai friend and colleague apply for a tourist visa as he is keen to visit London for the Olympic games this year. My brother in the UK has helped secure him 2 tickets and my parents have kindly offered him accommodation for his 2 week stay. My parents have previously met him on a trip to Thailand in October and he hosted them during this time. They would therefore like to repay his generosity.

I have a few questions. Maybe I'm being a little pedantic but I would really hate for him to be rejected for this once in a lifetime trip.

Firstly we have form VAF1A.

1) Part 5 - employment. He is currently employed as a music lecturer at a University. Is it ok if the University gives him a letter to prove his employment status and that they are granting him 2-weeks leave. Is it ok if this is written in English by them or should it be in Thai and translated into English?

2) Part 5 - Income and expenditure.

- He has prepared 3 months worth of bank statements. He also owns his house, does he need to show a copy of the blue book?

- As my parents are offering accommodation only (he is paying for all other financial aspects) do they have to show bank statements or can they just show that they own the house.

- He has received a letter inviting him to stay from my parents via email. Is it better that they send this by post? Or does it not matter?

- My brother has emailed him with details of the tickets and an invitation as his guest to join him for these events.

3) Part 6.2

When it says that has he travelled outside his country of residence in the past 10 years we're a bit confused. He lives on the Laos border and regularly goes over there. He does have stamps in his current passport, are we to list all the times that he's been from those? At the moment I've put:

Date: Various

Destination: Laos

Purpose: Live on Laos border, visit friends.

Duration: Various

is that going to be sufficient?

4) Part 8.8

As he is staying with my parents do I need to list them as friends in this part? Also, if I do that, do I need to offer evidence of my relationship with him? (friend and colleague).

It seems like a bit of a headache for a 2 week holiday but hey ho! If you can let me know any other bits of documentation he should include, please let me know.

Many thanks.

1) Either. However, the visa section may want to speak to the person who signs the letter to confirm the details. If the letter is written in English then they will expect to talk to that person in English and may doubt it's authenticity if they can't.

2) He should provide evidence he owns the property.

Only the person(s) providing finance for the visit need to provide evidence of their finances. Your parents should write a letter of invitation, describing the property to show that he will either have one room for his exclusive use or if he has to share he will be sharing with another male. They should also provide evidence that they own the property.

The entry clearance officer is mainly interested in visits he may have made to countries where he would need a visa. I think that the answer you suggest for his visits to Laos should be ok.

4) Your parents should explain why they are offering him accommodation in their invitation letter, but if they have never met they can not really be described as friends. If you live in the UK then obviously you should be put here. As the visit is not based on your relationship, there is no need to provide evidence of it.