Mai Sot Border Run'S

As above. Two week's ago my friend did a border run and I did one today both of us had the same problem. They are now confirming the address you put on your form, house, hotel, ect so if you don't have a confirmation letter or can make a phone call to someone who's Thai to confirm same they are keeping you there for age's and I mean age's there was a Farang there today he had been trying to sort it out for over 2 hour's. In my case they phoned the G/L so I was only there for 20 Min: or so. I did ask why the change as never had a problem in the past, reply New rule's.

My 5 year Thai driver's liscense does not have an address on it. Only issue date, expiration date, birth date and passport number, unless it's encoded on the magnetic strip on the back, which, if it is, I doubt that they have the equipment to read it.

My 5 year Thai driver's liscense does not have an address on it. Only issue date, expiration date, birth date and passport number, unless it's encoded on the magnetic strip on the back, which, if it is, I doubt that they have the equipment to read it.

Strange. It should be on the backside, rather fine print though.

It is on the reverse side in Thai script, but the numerals are in English

I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, but just checked again, there's nothing there but the magnetic strip. Maybe they thought you needed it to find your way home?

It's unbelievable that you can't believe. My last was in Surittanhi and the address was on the front, my latest in Nakhon Sawan and there is no address. Each Province is like an indivdual state and they have their own format and rules. Unless you have an international DL they differ from province. Just go to the US and look at the 50 different driver's liscense that you can be issued depending on what state you are living. It is not something that is particular to Thailand. If your'e from the British isles do all of your DL's look the same?

It is not something that is particular to Thailand. If your'e from the British isles do all of your DL's look the same?

Now you're talking different countries, not different provinces within the same country.

And yes, every county in England has the exact same D/L. Same goes for the rest of the separate countries that make up the British Isles.

My 5yr Thai D/L issued at the Chatujak DoLT in Bangkok has my address, in Thai, on the back, for what it's worth.

Perhaps some people haven't bothered to learn how to read and cannot recognise it.

It is an interesting thread though, and one that should motivate people doing a visa run to have such information at hand, just in case.

Edited by hehehoho

I'm sorry that I responded to Semper and have no intent to continue this ridiculous discussion any further. If you want at it, go ahead. I have no intention of continuing any further, some have it, some don't. I'm sure that you will get someone to respond to one of your ridiculous rants.

I don't have it, because I used my WP instead of residency letter.

It's unbelievable that you can't believe. My last was in Surittanhi and the address was on the front, my latest in Nakhon Sawan and there is no address. Each Province is like an indivdual state and they have their own format and rules. Unless you have an international DL they differ from province. Just go to the US and look at the 50 different driver's liscense that you can be issued depending on what state you are living. It is not something that is particular to Thailand. If your'e from the British isles do all of your DL's look the same?

Even more umbelievable then as I got mine in Nakhon Sawan as well and my NS address is on the front. By the way I'm blind in one eye too but can still see well enough to read at least 8 point type :-)

I'm sorry that I responded to Semper and have no intent to continue this ridiculous discussion any further. If you want at it, go ahead. I have no intention of continuing any further, some have it, some don't. I'm sure that you will get someone to respond to one of your ridiculous rants.

Don't panic the answer is simple the new Thai licence does not have it they started just over 3 year's ago. All the info is on the magnetic strip Passport No: address ect. The old one has. If your in the yellow book seem's ok but you would have to have it with you. That's why the head's up you need some sort of confirmation.

Got my 1 year DL on 21 March 2011. And of course it has the address printed on the back (second line of text below the magnetic strip).

Guess many foreigners simply do no not recognize it.

At every police check they turn the DL and do chat about my province/amphoe etc.

And I very much doubt there are major variations in the make of the DLs (no province/amphoe homemade creations).

Same standardization like the Thai ID card.

Got my 1 year DL on 21 March 2011. And of course it has the address printed on the back (second line of text below the magnetic strip).

At every police check they turn the DL and do chat about my province/amphoe etc.

And I very much doubt there are major variations in the make of the DLs (no province/amphoe homemade creations).

It might be on a 1year but it's not on my new type 5 year one 3 year's old There is nothing on the back "it's blank" except what I can drive and the M/strip. So their not all the same. Edited by fredob43

It might be on a 1year but it's not on my new type 5 year one 3 year's old There is nothing on the back "it's blank" except what I can drive and the M/strip. So their not all the same.

Well, it's on my 5 year license.

It might be on a 1year but it's not on my new type 5 year one 3 year's old There is nothing on the back "it's blank" except what I can drive and the M/strip. So their not all the same.

Well, it's on my 5 year license.

Who's a lucky boy then.

A TOURIST must confirm his address?Another idiotic visa rule.It's like they want to CHASE TOURISTS AWAY.However, there must be a stupidity-law-of-attraction, the more they make their visa rules inconsistent,illogical,redundant, humiliating how more tourists seem to come here.

The point is: IF they would strictly enforce ALL their visa rules, nobody would come to Thailand any more.

It's just that they enforce some of them randomly, with no benefit whatsoevere to them or to us.

I define stupidity. the art of complicating life without any clear benefit or advantage...

every foreigner is supposed to have there whereabouts registered at Thai Immigration Office.

A tourist mostly will add an staying adress on there arrival card. By law any Hotel must submit there registered guests to the Immigration office also. So in case of tourists they know where you stay. Sorry for all of you, but Thailand is not the only country who has this policy. Actually most countrys have a registration of whereabouts of theyr tourists. And yes on my 5 years DL Thais there is my adress printed in Thai. Chiang Mai province has that also

Driving Licence Address - very simple.

1. Old licences had the address on the front.

2. The new licences had details in English put where the address used to be.

3. After some time it was realised that the address should be on the licence, so it was added to the back of the licence.

If you have an 'older' new licence it will not have your address on the back.

If you have a 'newer' new licence it will have your address on the back.

Standard licence issued nationwide, nothing to do with different provinces having different licences!

Mine is not on there either (car or motorcycle). This could be due to the fact mine were issued in Pattaya while a friend of mine who lives in Chonburi City has it on his.

I got my 5 year Thai drivers license in 2008 and Roi Et Province does not print your address on it, front or back. Everything is printed in Thai and English.