Chevy Optma 1.8 Ls Saloon

DEVATSAR

Hi all,

Thinking of buying a chevy optma 1.8 LS Saloon car shortly 4 years old in near mint condtion, Has any one got one, Views/comments ?how much would it be to put LPG unit in the back and do you think its worth it?. Is this model good on MPG ? would i right in thinking it would need 95 out here or 91

Cheers All

Paul

I don't have an Optra, but one of my colleagues recently left Thailand and sold his 8-year-old Optra to the official second-hand dealership 'ChevyOK' - you should check that website to see if you're getting a good deal.

Know that buying a 4-year Optra, it'll be out of warranty, but depreciation will be high so it'll be cheaper than a Jap equivalent like a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8. On the positive side, this means lower insurance premiums.

For LPG, 'Versus' is nation-wide, and a basic installation starts at around 22k with interest-free financing, insurance and a service schedule. It's best to visit and look at an installation beforehand, you may be put off; the filling cap sticks out under the trunk, and many components under the hood are crudely bolted on. Also, LPG price will rise to around 18b this year, I think.