Shipping

dunrudin

Following a rigorous search on the internet, I carted my two 50kg boxes down to Ban Tawai to fing the firm I'd chosen. Blessed hindsight may help other seekers. There are heaps of packing and shipping firms at Ban Tawai. You will need a copy of your passport and detailed inventory of contents. The agent will tell you your air or sea options.

Cheers.

Perhaps you can follow up this useful information with some details - we already know it's 100Kg's. Dimensions of the boxes, to which country you were shipping, and what you got quoted would be useful.

Please don't think I'm just being nosey (which I am) - it's just that sometime in the not too distant future I may be doing exactly what you've just done - I might be shipping some goods to Europe.

I've shipped a bunch of stuff around the world on occasion and usually budget around $4/kg by airfreight I'm wondering if Thailand to Europe works out around the same...

Perhaps you can follow up this useful information with some details - we already know it's 100Kg's. Dimensions of the boxes, to which country you were shipping, and what you got quoted would be useful.

Please don't think I'm just being nosey (which I am) - it's just that sometime in the not too distant future I may be doing exactly what you've just done - I might be shipping some goods to Europe.

I've shipped a bunch of stuff around the world on occasion and usually budget around $4/kg by airfreight I'm wondering if Thailand to Europe works out around the same...

Two "pirate chest" sizes boxes. Air to Gympie, Queensland B23K including fumigation and clearance. By sea B15000.

In my case, time is not an issue. I used Gemini. Hope this helps

A word of warning based on my own experience shipping (by road & sea) from chiang mai to brisbane (AUST).

I used a CNX agent who stated that they had shipped plenty of things to Australia. This was my first time shipping anything by the way. They estimated that costs at the Australian end would be about AUD150 and I assumed they knew what they were saying. I also assumed that I had no choice in what shipper was used, what agent was used at the Australian end ... I thought it was a complete package of services I was paying for. Wrong. The charges at the Australian end were far greater than was indicated and I did have choices as to who was used (which reduced cost). I'm sorry I don't remember the specifics as it was a while ago. Oh and it was only used personal effects so no duty payable ... that would have been a double-whammy.

So you need to investigate this yourself to be sure. I would not do another small shipment like this again & I can see why some people say it's only worth doing a shipment if you can fill a container.

Edited by chiangmaibruce

• 4 weeks later...

What costs did you have on the other end in Oz if there were no duties?

Do the companies down in BanTawai pack everything properly for you - do you just turn up with a car/truck load of all your stuff you want to send...? Sorry, I don't get how this all works?