Overstay Charges

Should point out that if you are checked for any reason before you get to the airport you will be arrested and detained.

Not a good situation to put minors in.

If you have the money and a booked flight you can fix it up and apply for a visa extension at immigration.

The point is my mom needs a 3 day extention , if i pay a fine of 1500 thb it will be a bit cheaper than 1700 thb for a 7 day extention + will save the effort of travelling all across to cheangwattana for the extention ,

Will it be cheaper if she is detained before going to the airport. It can in the worst case mean her being locked in immigration detention.

Should point out that if you are checked for any reason before you get to the airport you will be arrested and detained.

If you have the money and a booked flight you can fix it up and apply for a visa extension at immigration.

Exactly what position would minors be in after the arrest? Would they be placed into foster care, detained separately or left with the parent(s)?

Exactly what position would minors be in after the arrest? Would they be placed into foster care, detained separately or left with the parent(s)?

Not sure, but going by this story they would all be locked up.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/529268-two-stateless-children-two-adults-released-from-bangkok-immigration-jail/page__fromsearch__1

In this country, there is no telling. Put to work cleaning windows on stopped cars, sent to a sweat shop to make clothes, or sold into sexual slavery.

Point is, YOU DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE YOUR KIDS WITH ANYONE HERE!!!!!! Don't take the chance because there really is no telling what could happen to them should they fall into the wrong hands, and many times the police are the wrong hands.

500 baht per day, max 20,000

Amazing, isn't it?!

This fine maximum has remained the same since anyone's memory.

Yes it is. Has anything (staple items) really gone up that much in the last 25, 30 years?

When I first came here in the 80's Beer was 35, smokes 15 (soi bangla),bungalow was 300.

Maybe this need a thread.

I can remember 200 baht/day and 5000 baht maximum. Long term memory is great, short term???? Where'd I leave my glasses this time? Diesel was 8 baht/liter, now over 30 (has been over 40), don't smoke, don't rent, but can still buy beer for 40 baht/large bottle.