• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me:

Celebration day - just brings a big smile to my face

Ramble on - good memories

But I like Dude's style, just list about 25 songs :o

It's real hard to pick, they're all classics. Gotta be my 2nd favorite band.

-Ace-

out on the tiles

sick again

trampled under foot

how many more times

hot dog

thank you

houses of the holy

bring it on home

hots on for no where

royal orleans

are we covering some ground here or what?

Edited by The Dude

Nothing to add, as regards the songs. I think Rock sucks big style, don't bash me, it's just my opinion. But i just want to say good luck Chon, i play Sax and one day when i have more time, i too would love to join a band.

Keep on Rockin Dude, you dig that, with a shovel :o:D

big led zep fan here too chonabot.. congrats on the band...

I´d say That´s the Way, Stairway, What is and what should never be.

That´s the way...

I don’t know how I’m gonna tell you

I can’t play with you no more,

I don’t know how I’m gonna do what mama told me,

My friend, the boy next door.

I can’t believe what people saying

You’re gonna let your hair hang down,

I’m satisfied to sit here working all day long,

You’re in the darker side of town.

And when I’m out I see you walking,

Why don’t your eyes see me,

Could it be you’ve found another game to play,

What did mama say to me.

*that’s the way,

Oh, that’s the way it ought to be,

Yeah, yeah, mama say

That’s the way it ought to stay.

And yesterday I saw you standing by the river,

And weren’t those tears that filled your eyes,

And all the fish that lay in dirty water dying,

Had they got you hypnotized?

And yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers,

But all that lives is born to die.

And so I say to you that nothing really matters,

And all you do is stand and cry.

I don’t know what to say about it,

When all you ears have turned away,

But now’s the time to look and look again at what you see,

Is that the way it ought to stay?

That’s the way

That’s the way it oughtta be

Oh don’t you know now

Mama said.. that’s the way it’s gonna stay, yeah.

I guess the "why" is because it ...well.. That´s the way....

I´m not sure how to express my htoughts about this song:

My bar is called Maktub´ar. This means, "and so it was written... and so it shall be"

I love the saying, "Que sera, sera".

I live by the philosophy of watching the world go by.... We are all under this blue sky.

I try not to change the world around me, but I do get malancholic when sadness is.

Many things in our world, many things, just are.

Who was it who said, "Ours is not to reason why,..."

I just want to see the world go by,

We are all under this blue sky.

:o

Nguyen Tuong Van, Singapore, December 2005.....

Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,

Think I see my friends coming, Riding a many mile.

Friends, did you get some silver?

Did you get a little gold?

What did you bring me, my dear friends, To keep me from the Gallows Pole?

What did you bring me to keep me from the Gallows Pole?

I couldn't get no silver, I couldn't get no gold,

You know that we're too ###### poor to keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,

I think I see my brother coming, riding a many mile.

Brother, did you get me some silver?

Did you get a little gold?

What did you bring me, my brother, to keep me from the Gallows Pole?

Brother, I brought you some silver,

I brought a little gold, I brought a little of everything

To keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Yes, I brought you to keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Hangman, hangman, turn your head awhile,

I think I see my sister coming, riding a many mile, mile, mile.

Sister, I implore you, take him by the hand,

Take him to some shady bower, save me from the wrath of this man,

Please take him, save me from the wrath of this man, man.

Hangman, hangman, upon your face a smile,

Pray tell me that I'm free to ride,

Ride for many mile, mile, mile.

Oh, yes, you got a fine sister, She warmed my blood from cold,

Brought my blood to boiling hot To keep you from the Gallows Pole,

Your brother brought me silver, Your sister warmed my soul,

But now I laugh and pull so hard And see you swinging on the Gallows Pole

Swingin' on the gallows pole!

I've great memories of travelling all round India with a ghetto blaster blasting out LED ZEP - man the looks we used to get!. I also knew guy who died at 25 and had Stairway to heaven played at his funeral service.

Thanks for the thread - I'm listening again!

Great stuff guys , The Dude you have given me a few ideas for some new stuff to cover. I used to write songs but they all sounded like bad ( is that poss?) Zep songs. Mr Boj , thanks for the comments sir , why not try just on Zep album , you may be surprised. I have Jazz,Country,Classical,Soul in my collection and they live happily together :D

( ...shuffles off to learn " Sick Again" )

Mr Boj , thanks for the comments sir , why not try just on Zep album , you may be surprised. I have Jazz,Country,Classical,Soul in my collection and they live happily together :D

Right then Chon, i'll take you up on that. I'm back in LOS later this month early next month, so i'll have some spare time at the Beach. I'll buy a dodgy copy (cos i'm not gonna shell out full price, yet) :o and have a listen to one of their albums. I'll report back here with my "honest" view. I too have a wide varied collection but never took to Rock

Give me the name of an album to kick me off. What's the story behind their name BTW? If i'm gonna be a new Zeppy :D i need to know some info :D

I heard it said, that when Keith Moon heard the first album, he said "that will go down like a lead balloon", when the album was released (they called it Led Zepplin, based on Keith's comments) the band still had no name. Everyone assumed the band was called Led Zepplin from the album name, and it kind of stuck.

Out of the ashes of The Yardbirds rose the biggest, loudest, most successful rock band in the world. Keith Shadwick reveals how the guitarist Jimmy Page created Led Zeppelin

Call it bad luck, bad timing or whatever, but, in just 18 months, The Yardbirds went from being a cutting-edge band listened to and imitated by every wannabe to a spent force that, in May 1968, were ready to call it a day.

By now managed by Mickie Most's RAK-label partner Peter Grant, they made their last appearance at San Francisco's Fillmore Ballroom on a bizarre bill that included the uncompromising jazz pianist Cecil Taylor and the electric-violin-led rock band It's A Beautiful Day. The dope-heads in the audience must have been even more confused than usual on those three nights.

And it was all played in the knowledge that, whatever happened, The Yardbirds were over. News of an impending split had been leaked in the music press in the UK. Melody Maker carried a brief note. "Break-up of The Yardbirds is expected on their return from America... Lead guitarist Jimmy Page is to reform the group with a new lead singer and drummer, to replace Keith Relf and Jim McCarty."

The following week's music press carried stories of the group's two-way split, alongside rave reviews of The Jeff Beck Group's US concert debut. Beck's band, newly signed to Peter Grant's management and with the virtually unknown Rod Stewart on vocals, was booked by Grant into the Fillmore East in New York City for two nights in June. The group's wild, blues-based sound was an instant hit with the underground audience there - an uncanny anticipation of the impact that another Peter Grant band would soon have at the same venue.

Early in the summer of 1968, back in the disintegrating Yardbirds camp, it was now Jimmy Page and bassist Chris Dreja's job to find new personnel. Page told Go magazine they'd keep the Yardbirds name because "people have associated a type of sound with the name. It's a heavy beat sound and I want to keep that". The beat would remain; but the name would not.

Grant had already made forward bookings for The Yardbirds, with an autumn tour of Scandinavia sketched in over the summer and a projected brief US college tour in October. Page and Dreja knew that Grant would be the ideal manager. He was as ambitious as Page. He prized loyalty, he wanted a small stable of acts, all of whom he felt personally close to, and who had the ability to make a breakthrough to phenomenal success. But he had not yet fixed on the act that he thought would do it. Grant and Page were quick to recognise fellow spirits: their informal chats changed Grant's angle on The Yardbirds and what might follow them, and The Jeff Beck Group was increasingly left to Mickie Most to steer.

One early decision taken by Page and Grant was that the new band would not need an outside producer any more. Page, by then an experienced hand in the studio and with definite ideas of his own, would take over the producer's role. It was also clear that a clean break was needed with current record company arrangements. After all, Epic had not exactly landed The Yardbirds any recent Stateside hits, while in Britain Columbia had not even released 1967's Little Games LP or the final couple of singles.

Page asked Terry Reid, a singer managed by Peter Grant, to take on the role of vocalist. Reid wanted to stick to a solo career but Page and Grant claim he suggested they check out a singer he knew from the Midlands, Robert Plant. Others (including Plant himself) claim that Page and Grant were directed Plant's way by the musical matchmaker Alexis Korner, who had seen Plant in London in 1967 and played with him later in the Midlands.

Meanwhile, on 19th July 1968, Jimmy Page received a speculative phone call from John Paul Jones, a highly accomplished young session musician that he knew well from his days in the studios. Jones had worked with Page on many Mickie Most sessions (including a number of Donovan hits). Jones, who also knew Peter Grant well from visits to the RAK office, was offering himself primarily as a bassist but had a combination of talents and accomplishments rare on the rock scene of the day.

Page made no immediate commitments on the phone, but within a few days he would have reason to call Jones and make him an offer that the musician, jaded by years of studio work, would be only too keen to accept.

The day after Jones's call, Page, Dreja and Grant drove to Birmingham to check out Terry Reid's recommendation. The singer Robert Plant had spent most of his time in and around Birmingham and nearby Midlands cities fronting a series of groups but, so far, he had failed to progress further than a couple of singles for CBS that did nothing, occasional gigs with Alexis Korner, and a long stint leading the Birmingham outfit The Band of Joy. At the time of Terry Reid's recommendation, Plant was fronting another group, Hobbstweedle, which he admitted later "wasn't very good. The band overplayed and there was a lot of hubbub and flash but no real content."

Contacted by Grant to undergo a working audition, Plant had arranged for the Yardbirds contingent to see him in action onstage. On the evening of July 20th 1968, standing in the hall of Birmingham Teacher Training College, all three men agreed that Plant had something worth developing: he had a very strong voice, good pitch, a wide range, natural rhythmic feel and good stage presence. His harmonica playing was authentic and enthusiastic. Jim McCarty later remembered Chris Dreja being markedly less impressed with Plant than Page or Grant had been. Still, after a quick discussion between the three men they decided they would try him out.

Jimmy Page asked Plant to spend a few days at his boathouse on the River Thames at Pangbourne. Once ensconced at Page's boathouse, Plant discovered that he and the guitarist had a near-instant communication on common musical ground. He said later: "I looked through his records one day when he was out and I pulled out a pile to play, and * * somehow or other they happened to be the same ones that he was going to play when he got back... to see whether I liked them!"

Plant's own musical inclinations led him to two differing sources for his singing style: British folk music and earthy American blues, both acoustic and electric. This was an unusual combination at the time. Although completely unschooled, Plant had good instincts and an arranger's ear. The two found that they could work together quite naturally. "I could suggest things", Plant remembered years later, "and the two of us re-arranged 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' - although it doesn't say that [on the LP] because I was under contract to somebody else... It was good to be able to hit it off like that." The Page/Plant collaboration would be crucial on several levels to the way the band was to develop. Plant said Page's "ability to absorb things and the way he carried himself was far more cerebral than anything I'd come across before, and so I was very impressed."

In the search for a drummer, the on-probation Robert Plant proved his worth by dipping into the Birmingham pool of talent. Plant later commented: "Everyone in Birmingham was desperate to get out and join a successful band. Everyone wanted to move to London." On the brink of just such a move, Plant decided that the Birmingham drummer John Bonham, who was then touring with the US folk-rocker Tim Rose, might quickly get his new band out of a hole.

At the end of July 1968, Page, Dreja and Grant went to watch the Tim Rose band, with Bonham on drums, at the Country Club in West Hampstead. Jimmy Page in particular was impressed. Later he said: "When I saw what a thrasher Bonzo was, I knew he'd be incredible. He was into exactly the same sort of stuff as I was." Bonham was asked to come down to Page's Pangbourne boathouse and meet the others. But what constituted "the others" changed quickly. Sometime between Page's invitation to Bonham and the meeting itself, Dreja was eased out of the band and John Paul Jones installed in his place. The changeover took place on the first weekend in August 1968.

Page knew that Plant was his singer and was not going to be playing an instrument onstage. This meant that Page needed an accomplished all-rounder who would major on bass but who could, when required, move quickly to other roles, both onstage and in the studio. Dreja, as a bassist and guitarist, would have filled the role adequately, but he was not a keyboard player. He was also a holdover from the first band and, in theory at least, the senior partner.

The way things were developing, Page was no longer sure he wanted to put together a new band with such potential for conflict arising from the old. Dreja's involvement in developments was allowed to wither, with Peter Grant drafted in to find him another musical project, managing a country band that never got off the drawing board. Dreja quickly turned to another passion, photography, kick-starting a new professional career. He would take the photograph of Led Zeppelin that appeared on the back cover of their first LP.

On 5 August Grant issued a press statement in New York confirming the arrival of Plant and Jones. That week, John Bonham followed up the West Hampstead invitation to come down to Page's boathouse at Pangbourne for a meeting and an informal jam. Bonham recalled: "It was quite strange meeting John Paul Jones and Jimmy, me coming from the Midlands and having only played with local groups... I was pretty shy and I thought the best thing was not to say much but suss it all out. We had a play, and it went quite well."

After the success of the second Pangbourne meeting, Page was convinced Bonham was a perfect fit. He quickly told Grant and the London office to contact the drummer with a firm offer. Although Bonham had completed his commitments with Tim Rose, he proved elusive for a few days, having picked up some work on a Chris Farlowe tour. Lying low and weighing his options, the drummer finally responded to one of a number of telegrams addressed to his local pub.

Bonham knew it was a good move musically, but at that time he was feeling the financial strain of being a jobbing drummer from Birmingham with a history of short-term commitments to bands in return for average wages. He was already married and a father. Jimmy Page's band was - potentially at least - a very different proposition. Bonham needed to know it would not all evaporate overnight: he also needed some reassurance about income. Robert Plant recalled later that there were "all sorts of negotiations about retainers and so on, and Bonzo was very keen to get an extra £25 a week to drive the Transit van." Around a week after the Pangbourne meeting, Bonham agreed to give it a chance. A London rehearsal was quickly set up with the other three members of what was becoming an entirely new band.

The combination of ordinary luck and Page's astute choices for the personnel of his new venture is all too easy to take for granted. It is thrown into relief when compared with the tribulations of The Jeff Beck Group, already a success that summer and seemingly headed for glory. Beck was never happy with his choice of drummer and kept swapping around, while his relationship with his singer Rod Stewart was so tenuous as to find them not speaking for much of the time. The strain was exacerbated by Mickie Most's refusal to allow Stewart a headlining role in the band. US Epic Records executives in all innocence greeted Rod Stewart backstage after one concert as "Jeff".

In contrast, Jimmy Page was building his new band from the ground up, carefully and thoroughly, making sure that things gelled properly on every level and that the support machinery was both efficient and equitable. It was no accident that the personnel of Page's new band would remain stable for 12 years.

All four musicians have said that the first official rehearsal was an unqualified success. It took place in a small basement rehearsal space in Gerrard Street, Soho. According to John Paul Jones: "We set the amps up and Jimmy said, 'Do you know "Train Kept A-Rollin'' by The Yardbirds?' I said 'no', so he said, 'Well, it's a 12-bar with a riff on G.' That was the first thing we ever played."

Within two months Jimmy Page's new line-up had completed a low-profile tour of Scandinavia and recorded their first album, all booked under the old Yardbirds name. But they had still not played as much as a single gig in Britain.

The first London booking was at London's famous Marquee club in Wardour Street, on Friday 18th October. That, and a Liverpool University gig the following night, were the band's last as The Yardbirds. Some weeks earlier, Page had given an interview to Melody Maker to announce the formation of "a New Yardbirds" as the article put it. It appeared just a few days before these gigs. He said: "The new chaps are only about 19 and full of enthusiasm. It was getting a bit of a trial in the old group."

The article's author, Chris Welch, then listed the band's new members, mentioning in passing that Page was "not sure whether to call them Yardbirds or not". "We dropped that name," he was to say later of "The Yardbirds" - "we felt it was working under false pretences."

No name - especially a band name - comes out of a vacuum, and the one quickly agreed upon, Led Zeppelin, is no exception. A long tradition of anecdote ascribes the name to two members of The Who, John Entwistle and Keith Moon. Back in 1966 The Who's rhythm team had seriously contemplated forming a new supergroup with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. In conversation one night Entwistle and Moon had joked that such a line-up, if it ever become a reality, would go down like a lead balloon. Elaborating on the joke, the image became altered to a lead Zeppelin - an even more spectacularly amusing image of self-immolation. Page liked not only the idea but also the image conjured - the perfect combination of heavy and light, combustibility and grace. Filed away for future reference, according to this account, two years later he decided it fitted his needs entirely.

There are, of course, alternative stories. Friends recall that, during 1968, Page, like many stars of the day, often sported badges, trinkets, and other accessories on his clothes. One of these was a small replica Zeppelin made of - you guessed it - lead. Perhaps Page found what he was looking for pinned to his own shirt: London 1968's answer to Iron Butterfly. The as-yet unreleased album thus became Led Zeppelin's first, while the band's debut under the new name came at Bristol Boxing Club on Saturday, 26 October, 1968. The unsuspecting members of the audience that night witnessed the birth of what was to become a rock phenomenon, regularly breaking tour attendance and income records worldwide throughout the next decade, and racking up sales of albums along the way that are today reckoned in the scores of millions... and still counting.

'Led Zeppelin: The Story of a Band and Their Music 1968-80' is published by Backbeat at £19.95

source: OldFriends.org

thank god for lz.

(they were featured heavily in MOJO magazine a couple of months back.)

i saw them at knebworth , earls court and once in new york.

phenomenally powerful band live , (almost as powerful as the who.)

a great shame that they broke up after the drummer died , but he would have been impossible to replace.

plant still releases great albums , his latest "the mighty rearranger" is still getting plenty of plays on taxexiles gramophone.

favourite songs...... "dazed and confused" and "when the levee breaks".

good luck with the band chon.

My older sister was a huge Led Zep fan when I was a young pre-teen. So, I cut my rock n roll teeth in a big way :D

I vote for

When the Levee Breaks (fabulous bluesy sound)

Babe I'm gonna leave you (heartrending)

Gonna give you my love (too sexy for words)

But, to be fair, you have gotta have some serious sex appeal for that last one or it just doesn't cut it. :o

Give me the name of an album to kick me off.

I would go for Physical Graffiti

Just looked it up here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Graffiti

Physical Graffiti is a double album by British rock and roll band Led Zeppelin. The album was released on February 24, 1975 (see 1975 in music) and was the band's first release on their own Swan Song Records label.

Perhaps both Led Zeppelin's last great spasm of fresh ideas and creativity and a harbinger of the archive-raiding yet to come, Physical Graffiti was a sprawling collection of newly recorded songs mixed with old tracks dating back as far as the 1969 sessions for Led Zeppelin II.

The album is highlighted by "Kashmir", which slowly builds to a crescendo and includes symphonic backing (arranged and played by John Paul Jones in a mellotron).

The original album jacket for the LP included die-cut windows on the building shown on the cover; as the inner sleeves for the discs were inserted in different orientations various objects and people would appear in the windows.

The album reached #1 on Billboard's Pop Albums chart. In 1998 Q magazine readers voted Physical Graffiti the 28th greatest album of all time; in 2003 the TV network VH1 placed it at number 71. In 2001 Q named it as one of the 50 Heaviest Albums Of All Time.

The album also includes the song "Houses of the Holy", which was recorded in 1972 during the sessions for the album of the same name, but wasn't released until 1975.

I'll give it a try Chon, will i be able to buy it in Patters? I'll be back with my un-biased review :o

Good job there Tiz. Mr Boj, have shovels can dig, I'd say grab Zep I, II or IV for your starter Zep CD. Chon is right about Physical, that LP is an outright masterpiece; absolutely grab it if you see it around. Chon, also don't forget to post the set list you come up with for your band and tunes you're working on

Edited by The Dude

My older sister was a huge Led Zep fan when I was a young pre-teen. So, I cut my rock n roll teeth in a big way :D

I vote for

When the Levee Breaks (fabulous bluesy sound)

Babe I'm gonna leave you (heartrending)

Gonna give you my love (too sexy for words)

But, to be fair, you have gotta have some serious sex appeal for that last one or it just doesn't cut it. :o

Whole Lotta Love---off the zep II LP contains the interesting line "gonna give you every inch of my love" hmmm. anyway, there is a story about Plant doing certain things in the studio to authenticate the high pitched vocals and screams you hear in the song. Someone may want to look that one up on the net. Another good Zep LP story to research is the one about the recording of the 1976 release Led Zep Presence. This LP was recorded in only a few weeks. here's the story from wilkipedia:

"Presence is a studio album by Led Zeppelin, released by Swan Song Records on March 31, 1976. This album was conceived after Robert Plant sustained serious injuries from a car accident on Rhodes, Greece, August 5, 1975 which postponed a planned 1975/76 world tour by Led Zeppelin. During his convalescent period in Malibu, California, Plant with Jimmy Page, had written enough material for rehersals to begin at Hollywood's SIR Studio. The album was recorded within three weeks at Musicland Studios in Munich, Germany, with Plant in a wheelchair. Both Page and Plant had planned the album to be a return to a simple spontaneous affair after the complex arrangements on Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti. It is their only studio album that features neither acoustic tracks nor keyboards.

The album peaked at #1 on the Billboard's Pop Albums chart.

Its catalogue numbers are (US) Swan Song SS 8416

Edited by The Dude

Give me the name of an album to kick me off.

I would go for Physical Graffiti

Just looked it up here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Graffiti

Physical Graffiti is a double album by British rock and roll band Led Zeppelin. The album was released on February 24, 1975 (see 1975 in music) and was the band's first release on their own Swan Song Records label.

Perhaps both Led Zeppelin's last great spasm of fresh ideas and creativity and a harbinger of the archive-raiding yet to come, Physical Graffiti was a sprawling collection of newly recorded songs mixed with old tracks dating back as far as the 1969 sessions for Led Zeppelin II.

The album is highlighted by "Kashmir", which slowly builds to a crescendo and includes symphonic backing (arranged and played by John Paul Jones in a mellotron).

The original album jacket for the LP included die-cut windows on the building shown on the cover; as the inner sleeves for the discs were inserted in different orientations various objects and people would appear in the windows.

The album reached #1 on Billboard's Pop Albums chart. In 1998 Q magazine readers voted Physical Graffiti the 28th greatest album of all time; in 2003 the TV network VH1 placed it at number 71. In 2001 Q named it as one of the 50 Heaviest Albums Of All Time.

The album also includes the song "Houses of the Holy", which was recorded in 1972 during the sessions for the album of the same name, but wasn't released until 1975.

I'll give it a try Chon, will i be able to buy it in Patters? I'll be back with my un-biased review :D

Mr Bo , I can d/l a copy and post it to you if you like , pm me , or I can give you dl details....... :o

Another , sometimes overlooked fact, is the huge amount of units Zep shifted.

Over 200 millions albums worldwide.

Zep 4 is the 3rd highest selling LP in the USA , over 70 million units worldwide alone.

Sold more LPs than Black Sabbath and Deep Purple combined.

Sold more LPs in Usa than the Stones or The Who, only the might Fab 4 exceeded them.

All this with no singles ever released in the UK.

How would Take that have managed without MTV and those haircuts?

I've got recordings of both Procul Harum and Red Rider playing with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. Did LZ ever collaborate with a symphony? That would sound amazing with the band playing Kasmir with a large orchestra in the background.

cv

I just watched some of the DVD "How the West Was Won". This is Zep in their prime performing such classics as "bring it on home" "what is said and what should never be" "communication breakdown" "in my time of dying" "how many more times" "I can't Quit you baby" "thats the way"and many many more. It's too bad the video quality couldn't be better but it is the early 70s. The sound is great though. This DVD is a contains performances far superior to "the song remains the same". Have some shovels on hand for viewing this classic 2 dvd set, it's awesomely diggable. Dig?

I just watched some of the DVD "How the West Was Won". This is Zep in their prime performing such classics as "bring it on home" "what is said and what should never be" "communication breakdown" "in my time of dying" "how many more times" "I can't Quit you baby" "thats the way"and many many more. It's too bad the video quality couldn't be better but it is the early 70s. The sound is great though. This DVD is a contains performances far superior to "the song remains the same". Have some shovels on hand for viewing this classic 2 dvd set, it's awesomely diggable. Dig?

Dig !

Thanks for all input so far I am impressed with your choices and reasoning , the Dude gives an insight into why people dig the Band even to this day.

Heres my Top 20 , and my band play all of these tracks :D

The Rover ( already mentioned )

Sick Again

Lemon Song

Nobody's fault but mine

Since I've been loving you

Tea for one

All of my love

When the Levee Breaks

Custard Pie

The Wanton Song

Over the Hills and Far away

What is and what should never be

Celebration Day

Achilles last stand

Whole Lotta Love

Babe I'm gonna leave you

I can't quit you Babe

D'yer Maker

Kashmir

In the Evening

:D

Best of luck with the new venture, Chon - there's always a place for decent live music :D With a set list like this you won't go far wrong, I'd only like to see Gallows Pole and the Rain Song added.

What's your band called? My personal favourite name was the American all girl tribute band .......Lez Zeppelin :o

• 2 weeks later...
Too right... I can't believe this one and D'yer Maker escaped my memory.  :o

Geez .... all you guys have it covered. One of my favorite bands of all time. One of my college roomies kept his drum kit in the living room and he used to sit there and rehearse Zepplin songs album side after album side.

D'yer Maker has to be one of the most misunderstood titles of all time. I used to crack up every time I'd hear some one say, oh yeah I know him, he's a die-err maker.

Saw a great interview with BB King and he mentions Page & Plant in very select company as some of the Brits who helped make him famous by turning his and other's great blues songs into hard edged rock with a blues flavor.

Hey Chonabot ... where are you and your bandmates gigging??