Tonic Water

RabC

I am NOT living in your part of Thailand, but hopefully I can give you a suggestion of where to go and look for Schweppes Tonic water. We have been up here in Chaiyaphum-area at least, completely out of it for the last past months. All to my sadness....

Suddenly after a lot of "talk" to MAKRO here, they started to take home this Tonic Water again. So we are happy up here, and we are lucky that we have MAKRO, but the 2 stupid stores Tesco Lotus and especially Big C are still out of it, and they make absolutely no efforts to get it back in stock again.

Hope this was to some help for you.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

I am NOT living in your part of Thailand, but hopefully I can give you a suggestion of where to go and look for Schweppes Tonic water. We have been up here in Chaiyaphum-area at least, completely out of it for the last past months. All to my sadness....

Suddenly after a lot of "talk" to MAKRO here, they started to take home this Tonic Water again. So we are happy up here, and we are lucky that we have MAKRO, but the 2 stupid stores Tesco Lotus and especially Big C are still out of it, and they make absolutely no efforts to get it back in stock again.

Hope this was to some help for you.

Glegolo

I guess the non- existence of tonic water is more a non availability issue than a not want to stock one.

There was a shortage in Jomtien after the flooding until 2 or 3 weeks ago, then all of a sudden every 7/11 etc. seemed to have loads.

same for Soda, for a while there I thought the cases piled out front were a new replacement for sandbags

Edited by jehricaholic

Checked Jomtien-Foodmart late this afternoon - no Schweppes Tonic. Beverage manager says "long time no have - cannot get from Bangkok" -- Checked two mom & pop shops that are always well stocked - nothing. Same-same "long time no have - all Pattaya same"

Obviously info reported earlier in this thread was B.S. -- Imo, people intentionally reporting erroneous information should be given a posting holiday!

Edited by SurfRider

Foodmart in Jomtien has plenty

I have checked Foodmart in Jomtien 3 times over the last week and they has no Schweppes Tonic or Pepsi Max (diet). I haven't run into these in 3 Jomtien area 7-11s I checked either? It may be poor timing on my part or hoarding if these products do show up.

Even many of the bars seem to be out of these with only Coke Zero as an alternative.

Checked Jomtien-Foodmart late this afternoon - no Schweppes Tonic. Beverage manager says "long time no have - cannot get from Bangkok" -- Checked two mom & pop shops that are always well stocked - nothing. Same-same "long time no have - all Pattaya same"

Obviously info reported earlier in this thread was B.S. -- Imo, people intentionally reporting erroneous information should be given a posting holiday!

Cheers. I found the same myself but got some from a friend last night anyway.

Experts or not there is no doubt at all that after the flooding there was indeed a shortage and that stocks reappeared a few weeks ago.

They may have disappeared again since because TIT.

So your post actually adds what value???

"Armchair Experts Pattaya is full of them"

True, but people who don't know what they're talking about-- or intentionally post untruthful or erroneous information with the intent of deceiving other T-V members, should be banned from posting for at least a month, imho.

"Armchair Experts Pattaya is full of them"

True, but people who don't know what they're talking about-- or intentionally post untruthful or erroneous information with the intent of deceiving other T-V members, should be banned from posting for at least a month, imho.

Don't try to keep a man away from his Tonic!