Where Can I Get Some Coke?

Bri19000

I’ve been noticing a trend on these boards for a while with people posting in asking about artificial sweet drinks1. Where can I find them /why have they gone from the shelves / my local store has no stock etc., etc.

Most noticeably, was during the major floods that occurred this year. Should we not have alternative emergencies?

I’m intrigued, as to why there are so many of you craving these sweet fizzy drinks (soda, pop, beverages, etc.), whatever you would like to call them.

Personally, I despise these kinds of drinks; always have done since I was young. They have no redeeming qualities1, whatsoever. Cans of fizzy piss.

I understand that people may be trying to avoid full-sugar drinks, or maybe on some kind of diet, but why drink this type of slop!

There are vast numbers of alternatives out there2. Water anyone!2

The human brain is made up of 95% water, blood 82% and lungs 90%. A 2% drop in your body's water supply can trigger signs of dehydration: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, difficulty focusing on smaller print.

1Note: They’re useful when severely diluted with a stock alcohol of your choice.

2Warning

My main complaints with these types of drinks can be explained below.

Zero calorie drinks such as Coke Zero and Pepsi Max are not the answer to lose weight. Many people believe them to be, and to make matters worse, the chemical additives in these drinks can compromise your health!

The following are some of the more notable ingredients found in Coke Zero and Pepsi Max that don’t exist in their full calorie Coke and Pepsi counterparts.

Coke Zero

Diet Coke

Pepsi Max

Diet Pepsi

Acesulfame K

46 mg

0 mg

32 mg

0 mg

Aspartame

87 mg

187 mg

123 mg

177 mg

Aspartame has been reported to have upwards of 100 side effects, many of which are neurological or related to impaired nervous system function.

Acesulfame K, has been shown to promote cancer and increased insulin production in animals.

Other favourites in the mix

Potassium benzoate, long term exposure to benzene has been found to cause cancer, anaemia, suppressed immunity, irregular menstruation, and infertility.

I guess the most obvious reason that folks drink zero calorie beverages such as the above mentioned pish is to reduce calorie intake, and in turn, lose weight.

Well, it’s been shown in at least one study that people who rely on artificially sweetened beverages are more likely to gain weight, and aspartame in particular has been shown to increase appetite and calorie consumption.

Fowler SP, Williams K, Resendez RG, Hunt KJ, Hazuda HP, Stern MP. Fuelling the Obesity Epidemic? Artificially Sweetened Beverage Use and Long-term Weight Gain. Obesity. 2008. 16(8):1894-1900.

Tordoff MG, Alleva AM. Oral stimulation with aspartame increases hunger. Physiology & Behavior. 1990. 47(3):555-559.

Lavin JH, French SJ, Read NW. The effect of sucrose and aspartame sweetened drinks on energy intake, hunger and food choice of female, moderately restrained eaters. International Journal of Obesity. 1997. 21:37-42.

Your original question is intriguing to more TV denizens than you might suppose, but they aren't into soft drinks! Both possible answers to your topic question are not happy ones, regrettably.

To add something constructive, the soft drink problem (as insidious, perhaps more so, as the other addiction alluded to above) experienced in the past several weeks has been entirely due to flooded industrial plants down south.

I am beginning to wonder which addiction is worse! sad.png

If I drink coke zero I can get cancer.

If I eat Mc donaolds I can get cancer

If I eat fish I can get cancer

If I drink water I can get cancer

If I .............I can get cancer.

Thanks for the heads up and goodbye,I'm gonna throw myself in front of a truck now.

Thanks for the heads up and goodbye,I'm gonna throw myself in front of a truck now.

Surgeon General reports that " Living will cause Death"

So we all have to make our own decision.

Quantity vs Quality and try to find our own median line

G

As a recovering alcoholic I consider that a couple of Coke Lites a day does me a lot less harm and puts a lot less weight on me than the vast quantity of booze I used to drink.

And I certainly have less impairment to my nervous system. drunk.gif

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

the world has got so concerned with dying it has stopped living

Exactly

So many people have traded living in for existing and in the process taken the quality out of their life.

I drink Coke Zero and Pepsi Max because I like them and my diabetes does not appreciate the sugar drinks. It is called common sense. I also drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day. Should I do an exhaustive search to see which water to buy?

It is a sad life when you have to research in depth every thing you like to see if it will prolong your life by a day or two.

I am 70 years old already past the age I was predicted to die at when I was born and I did it with out having to check up on the values of every thing I ate or drank. My plan for life is a short term one only good for the next 30 years.

Most people that check up on a items value come up with test's that fit into their own preconceived ideas and ignore other tests that do not come up with their preconceived ideas. I often say I can prove any thing you want to believe with the use of the internet.

Reminds me of many years ago when the U. S. government banned the use of cyclomate in Orange pop. The test's showed if you drank a case of it a day for twenty years you might get cancer.

Theres a study that if you go hungry all the time you will live 5 years longer. Sounds awful; a life of being hungry just to get 5 more hungry years.

• Like 2

"Where can I get some coke?"

I was going to say that there's this guy on Beach Rd in Pattaya, but then I realised that I had probably misunderstood something.

As for Coca-Cola and other such carbonated drinks, with the exception of Schweppes Tonic (which is only acceptable when mixed with Gin), they are all totally dire and would never pass my lips.

• Like 2

"The human brain is made up of 95% water, blood 82% and lungs 90%. A 2% drop in your body's water supply can trigger signs of dehydration: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, difficulty focusing on smaller print"

Did this person who is critizising the actions of others really write that the human brain is made up of 257% and that 90% are lungs?

"The human brain is made up of 95% water, blood 82% and lungs 90%. A 2% drop in your body's water supply can trigger signs of dehydration: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, difficulty focusing on smaller print."

And tell me coke zero is what percent water??? yeah about 99% id reckon!!

Don't do that, you'll get cancer!

• Like 1

"The human brain is made up of 95% water, blood 82% and lungs 90%. A 2% drop in your body's water supply can trigger signs of dehydration: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, difficulty focusing on smaller print"

Did this person who is critizising the actions of others really write that the human brain is made up of 257% and that 90% are lungs?

He needs a drink of water

Wow, someone has way too much time on his hands

Cannot believe he spent so much time on a subject that

he "despises"

People like coke ecause it taste great ... no it is less filling

Ni it tastes ggreat ..... less filling .... Now I need a miller lite

I agree that it's quite sad of the OP to go into all this effort to write all this about something that they do not even like!

Why can't you just accept that people like something that you don't like? We will never understand all of each others choices and needs. You can see from here that Diet Coke is popular among many of us and clearly sought after. So what!

I'm a vegetarian and I can't understand why there are topics about finding different types of meat or why anyone could want to eat that stuff when there are so many good vegetables and other alternatives out there. A higher percentage or people would not agree with me. I accept that. We are all individuals.

So, get over it!

• Like 1

The OP maybe could have been more tactful with his information. Fact wise he is DEAD on. Some people have no clue that some of these chemicals are so bad for you, and some will live to be 100 drinking this stuff. I personally was addicted to Dr. Pepper for many years. Stopped drinking sodas several years ago, and now stick to dark beer. Makes me feel better than coke....