Satelite Tv

Lenthai

I am living in Pattaya and have Sophon cable TV here, not bad at all. I need for antother house upcountry a satelite TV. I donot like to pay for the expensive True satelite, because I only will be there for holidays. I have learned about PSI, but I donot know which satelite has the most farang TV channels. Can anyone help me please?

true expensive? They have non stop promotions. Right now they offer me the knowledge package + 80 extra channels for 100 or 299 per month(forgot exact ammount but its peanuts and 3 years contract), free installation and only 1k baht deposit for the satelite which you will own after the contract.

you get almost everything except 1 movie channels that plays the same movies 24 hrs a day. Its cheaper than cable and you get more than cable with better quality

true expensive? They have non stop promotions. Right now they offer me the knowledge package + 80 extra channels for 100 or 299 per month(forgot exact ammount but its peanuts and 3 years contract), free installation and only 1k baht deposit for the satelite which you will own after the contract.

you get almost everything except 1 movie channels that plays the same movies 24 hrs a day. Its cheaper than cable and you get more than cable with better quality

Knowledge package AND and additional 80channels for 299 a month? Is this monthly price valid for the entire three year duration?> If its ture, thats an AWESOME deal! when will this promo end? Hook me up dude!

Yes but what are the 80 channels? There are about 20 or so educational channels in that package. Are there any decent news, sports or film channels?

• Like 1

Love to have True with 80 extra channels for 290 Bath per month. Where can I get that, absolutely not here in Pattaya there you pay 2000 Bath/month for that package. Please let me know where you got it. Thanks

Hi Darrel,

I am not easy satisfied at all, but if you have a better option for me I love to hear that. I used True before, but I am not prepared to pay 2000 Bath/month for their platinum package. Sophon only cost me about 600 Bath/month.

" ..... Sophon cable TV here, not bad at all."

Some people are easily satisfied.

which foreign channels please for that amount. I am not interested in Thai TV

Knowledge package AND and additional 80channels for 299 a month? Is this monthly price valid for the entire three year duration?> If its ture, thats an AWESOME deal! when will this promo end? Hook me up dude!

This is what you get from True when you only have their Knowledge package. Foreign packages are gold and platinum, for Bath 1590 and Bath 2000 per month. So too expensive for me.

Knowledge

340 baht

Cuts out practically all English language channels and the above, providing mainly just Thai channels (which are included in the above).

Knowledge

340 baht

Cuts out practically all English language channels and the above, providing mainly just Thai channels (which are included in the above).

knowledge is all in english, and you get all the movie channels, hbo and evertything. just talk to some true guys on the road.

With a dreambox maybe, but these True guys "on the road " do not offer that.

I am living in Pattaya and have Sophon cable TV here, not bad at all. I need for antother house upcountry a satelite TV. I donot like to pay for the expensive True satelite, because I only will be there for holidays. I have learned about PSI, but I donot know which satelite has the most farang TV channels. Can anyone help me please?

PSI is just a company that makes satellite TV equipment (dishes, settop boxes, LNBs, multi-switches, etc.) and they get a lot of installers to use PSI equipment. PSI is probably the largest satellite equipment maker in Thailand but there are others like DynaSat, InfoSat, LeoTech, IdeaSat, etc. Most of the equipment is geared toward free-to-air satellite reception and most Thai's point their dish at satellite Thaicom5 which provides around 150 free-to-air Thai cchannels and around a 75 free-to-air channels from southwest Asia, Southeast Asia, India, etc. But there is little English content unless you want to watch evangelist shows. After the installation using whatever branch of C bank equipment you want--all the brands are about the same in quality and cost--there is no monthly fees, subscription card, etc.,...just free-to-air satellite TV reception.

Most of above mentioned channels on the C-band frequency which means you need one of those big black dishes, although you can get them in different colors nowdays...a dish 5 ft in diameter is about the smallest you should go with and it will pull-in 95% of the Thaicom5 channels just fine...a 5.5 ft or 6 ft would be better since you get a few db more dish gain. Any dish larger than that is generally overkill unless you are pointing it at another satellite low to the horizon.

But if you want a lot of English content you'll probably have to go with TrueVisions using their KU band dish system, which is the small/75cm red or gray dish that you see everywhere, their settop box with subscription card, and pay a monthly subscription fee.

I am not easy satisfied at all, but if you have a better option for me I love to hear that. I used True before, but I am not prepared to pay 2000 Bath/month for their platinum package. Sophon only cost me about 600 Bath/month.

I'm afraid I don't have a better option. But even so I wouldn't describe Sophon as "not bad at all". My landlord pays only 300B per month for Sophon, but even at that price I dont think it's very good value as there are far too few English channels and picture quality is mediocre. 600B for Sophon is very poor value, unless perhaps you like Thai shopping and soaps channels.

Knowledge

340 baht

They also have the Silver package...85 channles...590 baht/month. They also have a FreeView package that ain't free but is geared more toward the free-to-air channles...no montly commitment...only pay for the month(es) you wish to watch. Go to this Link to see TrueVisions packages offerred, channels, prices, etc.

knowledge is all in english, and you get all the movie channels, hbo and evertything. just talk to some true guys on the road.

On my brochure it says HBO, all movie channels except the new FOX hd movie channel but you get the regular fox. Bunch of sports channel etc etc. Small red dish. If they have the new fiber cables in your area you can get even better.

What no English version of their web site. passifier.gif

On the pages that does have English look in the bottom right corner and you'll see the English or Thai language selection. And don't be surprised if one some (many) pages the English version is just really the Thai version. But generally when clicking the English buttom you'll see some English language text on the page.

On my brochure it says HBO, all movie channels except the new FOX hd movie channel but you get the regular fox. Bunch of sports channel etc etc. Small red dish. If they have the new fiber cables in your area you can get even better.

The only real difference between TrueVisions satellite and cable is on cable you can get a few more channels in HD if you want to pay for HD...most of the HD channels also come in the Standard resolution also.

again that false they have an entirely different promotion for cable. Just ask the promotional trucks in the street.

Also they give you back your whole monthly payment in "free" baht on a True simcard.

I wasn't talking about promotions where you might get 4 months free if signing up today, free HD for 3 months, a free month of True cell phone service, free installation, etc...etc...etc. They always have such promotions to initially hook people. I was talking about the basic TrueVisions packages/channels and monthly charges after any promotion period ends...the monthly package charges for satellite or cable is the same after any promotion ends.

Edited by Pib

again that false they have an entirely different promotion for cable. Just ask the promotional trucks in the street.

Also they give you back your whole monthly payment in "free" baht on a True simcard.

I wasn't talking about promotions where you might get 4 months free if signing up today, free HD for 3 months, a free month of True cell phone service, free installation, etc...etc...etc. They always have such promotions to initially hook people. I was talking about the basic TrueVisions packages/channels and monthly charges after any promotion period ends...the monthly package charges for satellite or cable is the same after any promotion ends.

again if you read a few post up you will see i said for 3 years and you get different packages and pricing on cable/satelite. There's a 4 page brochure available at many true outlets.

If you say so. I've never seen a promotion like that and don't see anything on TrueVisions website...lots of different promotions for 3 months "free" for this or that...but I would be the first to admit that all promotions for all areas is not always listed on websites.

Personally, I don't think I would want a 3 year contract with any service provider like TrueVisions, especially if I was a renter, moved residences every few years, etc. Plus, their service or channel line-up could go to crap but you are still stuck with a 3 year contract. Getting out of the contract before the 3 year contract was up could get pricey. Heck, the Thai wife and I own our own home here in Bangkok with no plans of selling/moving and I still wouldn't sign up for a 3 year contract with True if offerred...1 year is more than longer enough for me to get to the point where I could call up and cancel the service today if I wanted to with no contract cancellation fees.

any particular reason that you spread that kind of rubbish? bah.gif

It is all in English after you code all the Thai channels in the settop box for "Skip." Then you are left with about a half dozen mostly English channels; who needs those other 68 plus Thai channels comprising the 74 channel Knowledge channel line-up, which does not included HBO. But maybe under some promotion he got a speical deal. Knowledge Channel Lineup Link.

It is all in English after you code all the Thai channels in the settop box for "Skip." Then you are left with about a half dozen mostly English channels; who needs those other 68 plus Thai channels comprising the 74 channel Knowledge channel line-up, which does not included HBO. But maybe under some promotion he got a speical deal. Knowledge Channel Lineup Link.

a few years ago i was told that the "UBC/TRUE guys on the road" were able to offer special deals and pocket the money. however, i have no idea whether that information is/was correct.

a few years ago i was told that the "UBC/TRUE guys on the road" were able to offer special deals and pocket the money. however, i have no idea whether that information is/was correct.

Yeap, it could very be they leave the individul with a subscription card that is not restricted to only the Knowledge channel lineup but the paperwork submitted to the office says he's only on the Knowledge package.

Edited by Pib

To be honest expats in SE Asia are not well served for foreign satellite transmissions.

The packages are expensive and require minimum contracts, which is little use to the

OP who is only here for holidays.

I wonder if the OP has internet?

If so then I would suggest looking at torrents

Thebox.bz UKNova.com TVChaosuk.com

offer a good selection of UK programmes

These can be downloaded and viewed at leisure.