New Mangled Cbr 250R

wana

my friends 2 month old CBR has just been in a accident ,he is road rashed in hosptal but he wil be fine

aparently he came in to a corner too fast and a car ddnt leave him enough room

it basically needs new everything from what i can remember :)

gas tank is caved in on one side

exhaust is caved in on the other

handle bar is bent to the right when wheel is pointing forward

bar end weight missing from one side

windshield is severed in half

clutch lever is mangled in a U turn

brake and gear shifters are bent into the bike (still working though )

seat /number plate, back mudguard are warped /twisted to the side and cannot be straightened with hand strength

all the fairings and plastics are destroyed from the tumble so they will all need replacing

deep scratches on the passenger handes at the back

mirror arms are snapped off and mirrors are also gone obviously

engine is perfect with 2046km on the clock ,gear box is perfect ,front and back shocks seem undamaged and the bike is driving well , all electrics are working ,i collected it from the crash site and drove it 40- 50 km ,no fluids or oil are leaking

the insurance is 3rd party + theft but it doesnt include crash damages so im wondering if anyone could guess what price everything above costs from honda

Long story short, if you buy the new parts from Honda individually, it will cost more than just buying a new bike. If it needs that much repair you are better off buying another bike. If everything else is trashed, at least the green book has its own value.

I would be tempted to keep the book on the thing (that definitely has value) import a large cc CBR in parts and recycle the frame number onto a new frame. You would have to import the engine separately and pay duties and taxes on it, so you could have the engine swap registered on the green book.

Long story short, if you buy the new parts from Honda individually, it will cost more than just buying a new bike. If it needs that much repair you are better off buying another bike. If everything else is trashed, at least the green book has its own value.

I would be tempted to keep the book on the thing (that definitely has value) import a large cc CBR in parts and recycle the frame number onto a new frame. You would have to import the engine separately and pay duties and taxes on it, so you could have the engine swap registered on the green book.

So, your suggesting he breaks the law as a solution to his quandary. That's a naughty thing to do.

I don't think it is technically breaking the law. If you cut off the neck which has the VIN's on it and reweld it to another frame, that technically would be legal. The point is, the CBR250 was legally imported. It is not illegal to customize a motorcycle. There's nothing illegal about installing a larger cc engine in a motorcycle that is otherwise legal in the country. There is nothing about modifying the frame of a legally imported motorcycle to fit a larger displacement engine. It's like if you had a phantom, and customized the frame so it could fit a harley V-Twin would that be illegal?

so im wondering if anyone could guess what price everything above costs from honda

The only way to know for sure is to go to a Honda dealer with a list and price everything or take it in and ask for how much to fix. It all sounds pretty superficial, with the exception of the tank and exhaust. Aftermarket exhaust may be cheaper than OEM.

A friend did a gentler low side, compared to your friends rash, on his new 250 and he replaced: the gas tank, upper and lower side fairing pieces, one bar end, mirror only, clutch lever, rear turn signal, and metal exhaust cover. It was under 3000 baht NOT including the gas tank as it was not in stock, which I think cost approx another 3000 plus baht.

Thought that was cheap; as both the domestic Kawasaki and Honda parts are here. Would be shocked if all that was over 30,000 baht.

Thou any excuse for a hot legal bike is kewl.

Difficult to say without seeing it, but if the frame is straight then I would replace/repair the rest of it. He won't get much selling it for spares and it will be a lot of hassle. I'd treat it as an opportunity to get a decent exhaust and some aftermarket parts to replace what he's broken. If he wants to save cash he might be able to get a lot of it (tank, fairings etc) repaired quite cheaply depending on the extent of the damage. Not sure about the price of Honda spares but the Kawasaki spares are incredibly cheap and it would be worth repairing the bike.

If the frame is bent then I'd probably forget it and sell for spares. Glad to hear he didn't hurt himself more seriously.

Things like stock mirrors and exhaust pipe would be expensive.

After market ones would be cheaper.

I'd take it to Honda, get a quote for everything needed, then see what pieces you can get aftermarket.

The muffler itself is about 10k I believe... Should be able to knock a good few thousand off the total cost by only buying what isn't available outside Honda.

Fairings will probably run to 10k, tank 3k, aftermarket levers and handlebars from Bikers, get rearsets for 3,500 rather than stock, instead of buying all the rear plastic maybe go for one of the Thai made rear ends from Tyga or K.Win.

Maybe turn it into a streetfighter?

Honda-CBR250R-naked-edition-2.jpg

50_1418_65dee56e085f58d.jpg

2_1772_7cc356105843e02.jpg

But with a full racing rearend from Tyga, a local made pipe, and Biker's bars, levers and rearsets.

Aftermarket mirrors go for 600b.

There's a lot of opportunity there for him to have a really cool, different bike, as opposed to throwing in the towel and taking a massive loss by selling it as scrap.

sorry ,dont have pictures because it was dark

its in the honda dealer now ,they dont know yet the price but theyre going to call us with a list and prices and we can tel them what to replace

if its getting total new body anyway i would paint it in lamborghini yellow or something mad custom paint job to make it look coool instead of just another cbr 250

are replacement body parts painted at the factory or is there an option to chose the colour ?

Ouch, seems like a long list. However the most important thing is the frame, how is it? Still straight? I would trash it if the frame is cracked or bent, just don't trust it.

The other stuff are (as others have stated) an opportunity to customise.

I wish you got a photo of it, cos from what you are saying it's pretty messed up, but yet you rode it 40-50km???

all the bodywork is cracked and battered but the running gear is fine

i didnt go faster than 70-80 on it but it runs as smooth as any Cbr 250R i have been on :)

dont forget , its a honda ;)

some great options to bling it up a bit though

Mugen_Honda_CBR250R1.jpg

Mugen-Honda-CBR250R-5.jpg

honda-cbr250r-mugen-revealed-27484_1.jpg

all the bodywork is cracked and battered but the running gear is fine

i didnt go faster than 70-80 on it but it runs as smooth as any Cbr 250R i have been on smile.png

dont forget , its a honda wink.png

some great options to bling it up a bit though

Mugen_Honda_CBR250R1.jpg

Mugen-Honda-CBR250R-5.jpg

honda-cbr250r-mugen-revealed-27484_1.jpg

You can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig ;)

It was your personal put-down that was tiring.

We get that you don't like the bike, do you really have to come into a thread specifically asking about it and add nothing but two things:

A nasty put down on the bike:

'You can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig wink.png'

And a nasty put down on a poster that was asking for advice:

'Do you really think Wana would know if they are??? passifier.gif' .

We understand that the Kawa's 250 humiliation in the racing series, and inferiority hurts, but give it a rest and get over it mate.

Edited by hehehoho

Streetfighter, and use the rear faring put on this CBR150:

USD forks.

Source a front headlight.

Aftermarket rearsets and levers.

dam_n, I'd almost buy it off him now as a project bike.

Maybe even put some Er-6n farings on. biggrin.png

9_1542_6acd4a958bbc2c5.jpg

9_1542_70584ff2a252c1f.jpg

9_1542_92986134bb33213.jpg

OMG, I thought the faired version was ugly, but this hack job takes the cake! crazy.gif

The x-speed one is hanging out for some different forks and an aftermarket pipe.

The CBR250R does make a great little streetfighter though in fairness. I'd also put on a different rear which would also likely be half the price than all the stock pieces.

Edited by hehehoho

Very Surprisingly Inexpensive :)

Honda can make it shiny again for 9500 including replacing all plastic fairings ,mirrors ,windscreen etc

everything else damaged can be repaired /hammered back into shape in house, wonderful thailand :)

• Like 1

The x-speed one is hanging out for some different forks and an aftermarket pipe.

The CBR250R does make a great little streetfighter though in fairness. I'd also put on a different rear which would also likely be half the price than all the stock pieces.

how much is the rear from something like a cbr 400 or 600 ?

Very Surprisingly Inexpensive smile.png

Honda can make it shiny again for 9500 including replacing all plastic fairings ,mirrors ,windscreen etc

everything else damaged can be repaired /hammered back into shape in house, wonderful thailand smile.png

A happy story in a world full of sad onesclap2.gif

i would still love to make a naked bike out of it but going back to stock for 9500 is a cheap door out of the situation

painting the frame,wheels ,radiator etc ,getting a round light ,USD forks and a pipe , bar end mirrors and making it all look decent would probably be abit more hassle and expense

+ a stock bike is easy to sell on

a custom street figher might not be everybodys taste