California Wow

xandreu

I checked out CalWow in ladphrao today deal was 6999 for 6 mths, after reading the above the deal is fine but will they still be around in 6mths?

The manager personalty came down to offer a better quote than her sales guy, nothing new here with there ideas on promotions which you normally have to take then and there, i explained to them being Australian and use to 3 day cooling off period which does not apply here i wasnt going to make any decision till i checked out one other place on saturday, surprised she said her price of 6999 would still apply if i wanted to join come the weekend.

I brought this thread up to check if that gym i was reading about earlier in the week was from the same company...hmmm my ears are pricked up now, ive not yet been offered a special special promo offer and had it left open in this country.

Another gym attached to Vibhavadi hospital with pool and suna offers a 6 mth deal 7500 or 150 day rate as you go for anyone looking, will check out saturday.

Another gym attached to Vibhavadi hospital with pool and suna offers a 6 mth deal 7500 or 150 day rate as you go for anyone looking, will check out saturday.

Did you see it? What is it like?

Thinking of going there myself.

Thanks

Yes I checked it out, it looks good on 3 levels, that's a bit of a pain in the backside everything looks modern and clean...but it's very noisy they have music piped throughout its ok if u like prefabricated soft thai rock, when I was checking it out fri morning they had one of there several classes going on, the instructor and his music was louder than any rock concert I've ever been too, now I'm all for music to pump me up but it's lousy music and it's too loud, I bring my own.

I got a better deal from a smaller gym attached to a hospital about 2 ks from calwow ladphrao, I think I said something in previous post, 700 baht per mth but restricted to 6 am to 3pm if you want to use in evenings then the rate jumps up, if you want to know where it is let me know.

@jinjinswing

When you say CW Ladprao, guess that means the one at Major Ratchayothin?

Then 2 kms further, that must mean taxi travel.

Now I just joined a gym at a hotel in sukhumvit, just over 1K baht p/m, no joining fees etc, and can extend month by month.

Equipment is bit dated, and its not very big, but not too crowded, and no music actually when i was there.

Although I wouldn't mind some music either.

But it very well might move toward Major Ratc. in the future, so would be handy to know of any gym around there,

so please share.

Thanks

Yes thats the one i was talking about, CW too noisey for me and its on 3 levels, Vibhavadi Fitness Centre is behind the Vibhavadi hospital google it www.vibhavadi.com works out cheaper at 700 per mth but you need to use between 9 am and 3 pm i think, i take the bus and walk home, the gym isnt big but its not small, they have sauna a steam room i think, a great swimming pool excellent shower and changing rooms and have personal trainers available, they will set you a workout routine first off if you need it, i was impressed as i have shoulder joint problems they tailored a good routine for me, better than the so called professionals back home.

ps being a hospital i think you can expect everything to be in top shape and working with many amenities.