Non-imm B/u S A/application

I am an American, applying for a one-year multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa in the U.S.A. (Royal Thai Consulate General, Houston, TX.)

I have a supporting letter.

I have a few questions about the application form :

1.) Number of entries requested .................. entry (ies) , What do I put here? Multiple? Or try to estimate the total number of entries?

2.) Length of stay .…….........…............. , What do I put here? Indefinite? 12 months? 15 months?

3.) Date of previous visits to Thailand ..................…………...…............……................... , Do I list all? Or just the most recent few that fit in the space provided?

4.) Reference person and address in Thailand . Who do I use? The person who wrote the supporting letter? Anybody?

I am an American, applying for a one-year multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa in the U.S.A. (Royal Thai Consulate General, Houston, TX.)

I have a supporting letter.

I have a few questions about the application form :

1.) Number of entries requested .................. entry (ies) , What do I put here? Multiple? Or try to estimate the total number of entries?

2.) Length of stay .…….........…............. , What do I put here? Indefinite? 12 months? 15 months?

3.) Date of previous visits to Thailand ..................…………...…............……................... , Do I list all? Or just the most recent few that fit in the space provided?

4.) Reference person and address in Thailand . Who do I use? The person who wrote the supporting letter? Anybody?

1) MULTIPLE

2) 90 DAYS

3) Date of your last arrival in Thailand

4) yes

4) yes

This reminds me of an old joke that circulated in the sixties, when there was no email or telefax, and phone rates were prohibitively high, for which reason urgent communication took place via telex.

An overseas company (importer) had ordered something from a British company (exporter) without specifying the mode of shipment, whereupon the following telex messages were exchanged:

Exporter: Do you want shipment by air or by sea?

Importer: Yes.

Exporter: Yes what?

Importer: Yes sir.

I put 12+ months for length of stay on my application and something like "many times during the past several years" for date of previous visits. I don't think the honorary consulates waste their time trying to needlessly pick holes in applications like a bored bureaucrat at an official consulate does.

I applied through the Alabama office and they sent back my passport with the multiple-entry non-imm 'B' visa the same day that they received it from me. Since they have not had the coverage here on TV like some of the others and since they are in a less populated area, I suspect they are less busy with applications than places like Houston or Denver.

Also it seems that for a 'B' visa, these days it is sufficient to express, on your own letterhead, your intent to open a business in Thailand to receive the 'B' visa. I did this for myself and also for a colleage in the UK and we both instantly got the 'B' visa.