World Cup Draw...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Croc - comparing yourself to the fly? :D Fly isn't even in your league mate - rest assured of that. :D

Yeh...and dont yaa forget it......U stick with ur English "mates" Old Croc....

The Fly :D

Fly, this is where your personality fails you (or at least one of your traits) :o This is all banter between people who love sport and you can still be "mates" with the opposition you know :D

U are either with The Fly...or against The Fly......

The Fly awaits the World Cup

Against the Fly!!!! :D

Definately against Louis, for the Mighty Socceroos! :D:D

Old Croc ( traitor ).......u came in late on the Ashes....now, after never really posting anything about the Socceroo's, u want to jump on the World Cup band wagon.....

:D

Edited by Siam_superfly

I reckon that the Aussies will maintain their 100% World Cup losing record!!

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!

The Croatia draw is an interesting one. I reckon the Socceroos will lose a big % of their fanbase for that one.

Dunno who I feel worse for Socceroos or the yanks..... :o

Italy

Ghana

Czech

USA

Best of luck to the USA .......hope the US gives it to the Italians, and the US finish top in this group.....

Edited by Siam_superfly

The Croatia draw is an interesting one. I reckon the Socceroos will lose a big % of their fanbase for that one.

Jeez Supershite, Fartypants is right. Half the Ashes losing cricket team will be rooting for Croatia. In fact Gillespie and Kasprovitz might even play for them :o:D:D

Jeez Supershite, Fartypants is right. Half the Ashes losing cricket team will be rooting for Croatia. In fact Gillespie and Kasprovitz might even play for them :o:D:D

Half the Croatian side will be Aussies! See the article from "The Australian" below;

Croatian poaching in past: Viduka

THE days of Australian-raised players abandoning the country to play for Croatia ended with World Cup qualification, Socceroos captain Mark Viduka says.

Viduka, who himself came under pressure to adopt Croatia's national 'checkerboard' shirt, said young Australians of Croat heritage would now see Australia as offering an international career as good or better than their parents' or grandparents' homeland.

Three such defectors could be in Croatia's squad in Germany next year: midfielder Josip Simunic, goalkeeper Joey Didulica and central defender Anthony Seric.

The defection of Simunic, in particular, hurt, both because he was the beneficiary of tax money when he trained at the Australian Institute of Sport and because the Hertha Berlin star would be a certain starter in the Socceroos team, which has a dearth of central defensive options.

But Viduka believes such defections are at an end and those Socceroos of Croatian background - himself, Zeljko Kalac and Josip Skoko - would not be tempted to change allegiance.

"With the new success of the Australian national football team, Australian Croats would never dream about playing in the Croatian team," Viduka said. "Croatia has had much greater successes in the last decade and that has attracted some Australian Croat football players to go and play for Croatia.

"But it will not be like that again - we have a strong team in Australia now."

Viduka was wooed strongly by Croatia when he established himself as a star of the old NSL with the Melbourne Knights.

He was taken to Dinamo Zagreb by then Croatian president Franjo Tudjman, who was intent on using the club as an ambassador for the country in the same way that Spanish dictator Francisco Franco gave subtle support to Real Madrid in its dominance of European football in the 1950s.

Tudjman even changed the club's name to Croatia Zagreb, raising the ire of fans, who also turned on Viduka, who was perceived as the president's pet player. Viduka left Zagreb to join Celtic in Scotland before moving on to Leeds United and now Middlesbrough.

Half the Croatian side will be Aussies! See the article from "The Australian" below;

Croatian poaching in past: Viduka

THE days of Australian-raised players abandoning the country to play for Croatia ended with World Cup qualification, Socceroos captain Mark Viduka says.

Viduka, who himself came under pressure to adopt Croatia's national 'checkerboard' shirt, said young Australians of Croat heritage would now see Australia as offering an international career as good or better than their parents' or grandparents' homeland.

Three such defectors could be in Croatia's squad in Germany next year: midfielder Josip Simunic, goalkeeper Joey Didulica and central defender Anthony Seric.

The defection of Simunic, in particular, hurt, both because he was the beneficiary of tax money when he trained at the Australian Institute of Sport and because the Hertha Berlin star would be a certain starter in the Socceroos team, which has a dearth of central defensive options.

But Viduka believes such defections are at an end and those Socceroos of Croatian background - himself, Zeljko Kalac and Josip Skoko - would not be tempted to change allegiance.

"With the new success of the Australian national football team, Australian Croats would never dream about playing in the Croatian team," Viduka said. "Croatia has had much greater successes in the last decade and that has attracted some Australian Croat football players to go and play for Croatia.

"But it will not be like that again - we have a strong team in Australia now."

Viduka was wooed strongly by Croatia when he established himself as a star of the old NSL with the Melbourne Knights.

He was taken to Dinamo Zagreb by then Croatian president Franjo Tudjman, who was intent on using the club as an ambassador for the country in the same way that Spanish dictator Francisco Franco gave subtle support to Real Madrid in its dominance of European football in the 1950s.

Tudjman even changed the club's name to Croatia Zagreb, raising the ire of fans, who also turned on Viduka, who was perceived as the president's pet player. Viduka left Zagreb to join Celtic in Scotland before moving on to Leeds United and now Middlesbrough.

I always remember a player called Ned Zellic........................played for Borrosia Dortmund a lot'a years back

Those traitors who went O/S are shameful..... the worst is on of the Italian strikers...he grew up in Sydney until he was 15 or 16, cant remember his name just now.....Shameful.....

Your thinking of Christian Vieri, was born in Italy but immigrated with his parents at age 8, grew up near Bankstown and returned to Italy at 14 to play football. Alan border was his sporting hero growing up.

Re the draw:

It will be interesting to see amongst the large 1st and 2nd generation Croat community in Sydney who they support.

Edited by Simmo

The Fly is holding the Flag...bring on the Japanese.....

Croatia/Brasil are who you should be worrying about!!! :D

[/quote

Brasil :o ......but we shall make the final 16....and hopefully play England...

Looking at the draw I think the only way England can play your lot is in the semis or the final,lets be honest the Aussies have got a half decent team but they won't be joining England in the semis.

Enjoy your 3 games then put the flag away.

May Australia and England be in the same group.........

and before u soapdodgers all brag about a thrashing of us....rememebr that France won a World Cup and then didnt even score in the next one.....South Korea and the USA did very well in the last Cup.....and England fails at most sports...

The Socceroo's are coming........l

I see in yesterdays CourierMail the Socceroos have been sent back to the Australian Institute of Sport for extra training, in Play acting , Penalty box diving, and language lessons so they can complain to the ref in 20 different languages, George Grogan is in charge of language classes.they have even got a spoof soccer program lined up Australia,s Golden Goals!! :D nignoy

Happiness is an Aussie with his GOB SHUT!!!!! :o

The Fly is holding the Flag...bring on the Japanese.....

Croatia/Brasil are who you should be worrying about!!! :D

[/quote

Brasil :D ......but we shall make the final 16....and hopefully play England...

Looking at the draw I think the only way England can play your lot is in the semis or the final,lets be honest the Aussies have got a half decent team but they won't be joining England in the semis.

Enjoy your 3 games then put the flag away.

Pie Boy..u crazy cat....

Australia will cut a path of destruction through that World Cup group.....we will finish 2nd in our group behind Brasil...and we if there is a God....we will play England....."what a game".....

U assume automatic entry into the semi's for England.. :o .....ur group may be a easy...but anything can happen

.....and England fails at most sports...

let me just enlighten your goodself one minute,.....name ANY country that excels as much as England....name one country with players/ teams in a number of sports.......football,cricket, rugby, athletics, snooker, darts, golf, badminton, etc...everheard of italian cricketers or spanish sprinters..??? there must be loads of french golfers.......thats why everyone wants to beat us at everything...we set the bench mark..........

Darts? You mention Darts? <deleted>. :o

More coverage than rugby in your country old bean :D

.....and England fails at most sports...

let me just enlighten your goodself one minute,.....name ANY country that excels as much as England....name one country with players/ teams in a number of sports.......football,cricket, rugby, athletics, snooker, darts, golf, badminton, etc...everheard of italian cricketers or spanish sprinters..??? there must be loads of french golfers.......thats why everyone wants to beat us at everything...we set the bench mark..........

Darts? You mention Darts? <deleted>. :o

More coverage than rugby in your country old bean :D

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Australia 17 gold, 16 silver, 16 bronze

Great Britain (that's like 4 countries yeah?) 9 gold , 12 silver, 9 bronze

Sydney 2000

Australia 16 gold, 25 silver, 17 bronze

Great Britain 11 gold, 10 silver, 7 bronze

Populations

Australia - 21 million

Great Britain - 61 million

'nuff said.

<deleted> has that got to do with anything? It just proves that all that money your government spent has worked...not specifically the quality of the people. Our guys had to pay for their own flights at the '96 olympics for instance.

Same reason why England get nowhere with tennis because there's no good coaches...no money.

Same reason why England get nowhere with tennis because there's no good coaches...no money.

Or it could be that in Australia, there is clear blue sky and sunshine most of the year, which means that alot more time for the kids on the tennis court..... :o

A youth scout from a English prem side said that Australian lads are alot more advanced in soccer skills compaired to English lads of the same age ( 12 - 14 ), coz they are able to go out and kick the ball all year round...but its when they hit their mid teens, that they drift of to other sports or the coaching just isnt there, very few in the past how continued on with the sport to to high level.......that may start to change now....

Or it could be that in Australia, there is clear blue sky and sunshine most of the year, which means that alot more time for the kids on the tennis court..... :o

A youth scout from a English prem side said that Australian lads are alot more advanced in soccer skills compaired to English lads of the same age ( 12 - 14 ), coz they are able to go out and kick the ball all year round...but its when they hit their mid teens, that they drift of to other sports or the coaching just isnt there, very few in the past how continued on with the sport to to high level.......that may start to change now....

That will all change when you get Television introduced to your country Fly.

:D

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

<deleted> has that got to do with anything? It just proves that all that money your government spent has worked...not specifically the quality of the people. Our guys had to pay for their own flights at the '96 olympics for instance.

Take away all the Olympic Champions who australia has bought from other countries Russiann Boxers, Tennis Players Pole Vaulters Skiers iceskaters and that just leaves your swimmers, who mostly come from queensland, take away all your foreign imports and the Wallabies would not be much cop either, the quickest way to get australian citizenship is win an olympic medal for another country :o nignoy

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Take away all the Olympic Champions who australia has bought from other countries Russiann Boxers, Tennis Players Pole Vaulters Skiers iceskaters and that just leaves your swimmers, who mostly come from queensland, take away all your foreign imports and the Wallabies would not be much cop either, the quickest way to get australian citizenship is win an olympic medal for another country :o nignoy

I was going to have a go at this idiocy, NingNong, but obviously you're either a great humourist or not the full quid. I note you migrated to Thailand from Australia (Qld) and are probably, originally, a 10 Pound tourist from pommy land. I also note that when your other half was ill you went back to Oz for medical treatment, so I find this stupid attempt at putting down a country that has given you so much for so long a little pathetic.

Your feeble attempt to belittle Australias sporting prowess (particularly in comparison to england) just cannot hold water. But I wont waste my time refuting your idiot statements.