World Cup Draw...

May Australia and England be in the same group.........

and before u soapdodgers all brag about a thrashing of us....rememebr that France won a World Cup and then didnt even score in the next one.....South Korea and the USA did very well in the last Cup.....and England fails at most sports...

The Socceroo's are coming........l

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see England in the same group as Australia. I'm not sure if it's possible, although it should be as we will be seeded and ofcourse the aussies have no chance of that.

Superfly, it would put my mind at ease if you made another one of your predictions

I'd love to see England in the same group as Australia.  I'm not sure if it's possible, although it should be as we will be seeded and ofcourse the aussies have no chance of that.

Superfly, it would put my mind at ease if you made another one of your predictions

The Fly predicted victory in November.....

......The Flys smells blood.....u all know damm well that Australia will give it all and be no easy beats......

Are u so sure that ur English side could have beaten the South Americans ? ..hmmmm N.I ... :o

Edited by Siam_superfly

Come on Udon mate. Where are you? I'd rather hear from someone in this forum that at least knows a little about sport :o

Udon's busy at MBK with Old Croc, they are trying to milk some baht out of newbie Farangs for a phone card to call their mums back home......

Edited by Siam_superfly

The Socceroo's are coming........l

If you can actually get through a few games against rated teams in competition without wetting your pants then maybe you deserve a slivver of respect, but until then you're a bunch of school girls in the eyes of the footballing world :o

Are u so sure that ur English side could have beaten the South Americans ? ..hmmmm N.I ... :o

Well we recently beat Argentina ( ranked number 2 ) and have beaten them in competitions not so long ago.

I hope we get Oz , and a few other teams. The difference with this England side is that we have 2 of the best players in the world at the moment ( Lampard , Rooney ) Rooney can score from anywhere and Lampard reads the game brilliantly. Backed up by the likes of Beckham,Owen,Robinson,Gerrard and Terry ( all of whom could walk into most club sides) I think we have one of the strongest collections of talent outside of Brazil.

Now if only we could get a passionate manager who knows about teamwork..... :D

Well we recently beat Argentina ( ranked number 2 ) and have beaten them in competitions not so long ago.

I hope we get Oz , and a few other teams. The difference with this England side is that we have 2 of the best players in the world at the moment ( Lampard , Rooney ) Rooney can score from anywhere and Lampard reads the game brilliantly. Backed up by the likes of Beckham,Owen,Robinson,Gerrard and Terry ( all of whom could walk into most club sides) I think we have one of the strongest collections of talent outside of Brazil.

Now if only we could get a passionate manager who knows about teamwork..... :o

Hey, didn't you also recently lose to Northern Ireland in a competitive match? .. What's their world ranking?

I agree you have a talented team , although there's to many show ponies in the midfield and noone to fill the "hard tackling ,defensive midfield role" which every World Cup winning team needs. Also no trace of a naturally left sided player ( although Cole is getting better in that role).

Hmm , I remember fondly our token Pommie at work 4 years ago in tears after that Ronaldinho free kick. :D

Anyway it would be another great chapter in our sporting rivalry , can only hope its it in the second round when it really means something. It would certainly be a fitting Ashes revenge to beat you at your own game.

Oh yeah didn't we beat you in a friendly just on 2 years ago?? :D

Cheers

The Fly predicted victory in November.....

......The Flys smells blood.....u all know damm well that Australia will give it all and be no easy beats......

Fly, did you know that Australia had to play fewer games than any other country (9) to qualify? BTW, Trinidad and Tobago had to play the most with 20.

Hey, didn't you also recently lose to Northern Ireland in a competitive match? .. What's their world ranking?

Your'e quite right Simmo, Eriksson was meddling with the team again and totally under estimated Northern Ireland. A lesson learnt :D

Oh yeah didn't we beat you in a friendly just on 2 years ago??  :D

You did indeed. It was a friendly and so live on that memory, cos if we draw you in the same group, i feel an heavy punishment for your guys :D

although there's to many show ponies in the midfield and noone to fill the "hard tackling  ,defensive midfield role" which every World Cup winning team needs.

Oh yeah didn't we beat you in a friendly just on 2 years ago??  :D

Cheers

I woud hate to see who Brasil's 'hard tackling defensive role midfielder' is if we don't have one, Brasil of course winning the competition more than anyone else.

And yes, you did beat us in a friendly a couple of years ago, Real Madrid have went through about 4 managers since then, times change :o

.....and England fails at most sports...

let me just enlighten your goodself one minute,.....name ANY country that excels as much as England....name one country with players/ teams in a number of sports.......football,cricket, rugby, athletics, snooker, darts, golf, badminton, etc...everheard of italian cricketers or spanish sprinters..??? there must be loads of french golfers.......thats why everyone wants to beat us at everything...we set the bench mark..........

let me just enlighten your goodself one minute,.....name ANY country that excels as much as England....name one country with players/ teams in a number of sports.......football,cricket, rugby, athletics, snooker, darts, golf, badminton, etc...everheard of italian cricketers or spanish sprinters..??? there must be loads of french golfers.......thats why everyone wants to beat us at everything...we set the bench mark..........

Darts? You mention Darts? <deleted>. :o

I woud hate to see who Brasil's 'hard tackling defensive role midfielder' is if we don't have one, Brasil of course winning the competition more than anyone else.

Remember this guy from Italia 90, Usa 94 and France 98. The rock their team was built around. OK maybe my comments don't apply to their last team , although Rivaldo did take on that role to some degree.

Anyway I think the nearest English equivalent you have is Scott Parker, who I think would be great in that role.

Edited by Simmo

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Australia 17 gold, 16 silver, 16 bronze

Great Britain (that's like 4 countries yeah?) 9 gold , 12 silver, 9 bronze

Sydney 2000

Australia 16 gold, 25 silver, 17 bronze

Great Britain 11 gold, 10 silver, 7 bronze

Populations

Australia - 21 million

Great Britain - 61 million

'nuff said.

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Well said Simmo! :o Welcome to the Aussie team. Your knowledge of soccer seems very sound and I like the way you're able to throw their <deleted> (sic) back at them.

Be aware that statistics and results mean little to the average Pom in this forum. They will always insist it was just a "friendly" or a minor, unimportant sport or result if it goes against themselves. It's like bashing your head against a brick wall or fielding close to the fence in a Kiwi cricket game. You're on a hiding to nothing.

Just remember, the Fly is not on our side. He is the biggest, well, fly in the ointment, when mounting a reasonable intelligent arguement. :D

Brazil, Germany seeded for WCup draw

Hosts Germany and defending champions Brazil were named among the top eight seeds for the World Cup finals as expected on Tuesday, along with England, Spain, Mexico, France, Argentina and Italy.

FIFA decided the rest of the draw, which takes place on Saturday Australian time, would group teams in pots according to their geographical locations rather than their current world ranking or previous World Cup performances.

The second pot will contain Australia, the five African finalists: Ghana, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Angola and Togo, plus the two lower-ranked South American teams Ecuador and Paraguay.

The third pot will comprise eight European teams: Croatia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland and Ukraine.

The fourth pot will comprise four Asian teams: Iran, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and the three remaining from CONCACAF Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago and the United States.

A special pot will contain only Serbia & Montenegro, the lowest ranked European team, who will be placed in a group including either Brazil, Argentina or Mexico.

FIFA created the special pot so they could avoid having any groups with more than two European teams.

Jim Brown, FIFA's Director of Competitions explained: "The seedings were based on FIFA rankings for the last three years and the last two World Cup finals.

"Germany will be seeded in slot A1 in the draw and Brazil in F1, and there were economic factors involved in this decision as those teams are guaranteed to play in larger stadiums."

One team from each pot will be drawn into the eight groups in the first stage of the finals in Germany which run from June 9 to July 9.

©AAP 2005

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Well said Simmo! :D Welcome to the Aussie team. Your knowledge of soccer seems very sound and I like the way you're able to throw their <deleted> (sic) back at them.

Be aware that statistics and results mean little to the average Pom in this forum. They will always insist it was just a "friendly" or a minor, unimportant sport or result if it goes against themselves. It's like bashing your head against a brick wall or fielding close to the fence in a Kiwi cricket game. You're on a hiding to nothing.

Just remember, the Fly is not on our side. He is the biggest, well, fly in the ointment, when mounting a reasonable intelligent arguement. :D

How many of the medals were in Swimming events? :o

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Well said Simmo! :D Welcome to the Aussie team. Your knowledge of soccer seems very sound and I like the way you're able to throw their <deleted> (sic) back at them.

How many of the medals were in Swimming events?

Why, do you want to dismiss a major sport in the Olympics because your African and Carribean athletes can't do it very well? :o

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Listen Simmo and Croc. You only named the Olympic events from Ben01 list. Yeah we're not much good at that admittedley.

But don't quote population figures as if that means we should be 3 times better than you. As you know, the majority of Brits go out and work for a living, whereas the majority of Aussie's play sports, go to the beach, bum around and no one goes out to work. That's why your'e having to recall all your ex-pats, there's nobody in your country to do any work :o:D:D

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Listen Simmo and Croc. You only named the Olympic events from Ben01 list. Yeah we're not much good at that admittedley.

But don't quote population figures as if that means we should be 3 times better than you. As you know, the majority of Brits go out and work for a living, whereas the majority of Aussie's play sports, go to the beach, bum around and no one goes out to work. That's why your'e having to recall all your ex-pats, there's nobody in your country to do any work :o:D:D

Can't argue with that. :D

One country could be Australia now another could be New Zealand now there may be one or two more South Africa (may have to disqualifgy SA their darts look more like javelins) and the list goes on. -Now now ben01 dont get off your bike I'll pick up your pump. Mummys here. :D

Aussie spectators :o:D:D enjoying the thrust & parry of the darts & twiddly winks finals

Edited by mijan24

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Cool post Simo..... u reading this Lampard... :o

As for Old Croc's (traitor) words of advice........Im sure that u will make up ur own mind Simo, as time goes by.....u will see that when the going gets hot on the threads, Old Croc is one of the first to back down to the English posters....The Fly is holding the flag and cant wait for the World Cup........

Edited by Siam_superfly

Olympics Medal Tally

Athens 2004

Sydney 2000

Populations

Australia - 21 million

'nuff said.

Welcome to the Aussie team.

Old Croc's Bingo team..... :o:D

You Ozzies ever heard of the fantastic new talent we are grooming as a secret weapon for the next world cup?

Ever heard of PETER CROUCH? :o

Harry Kewell has and he is "shit scared" of the havoc he is gonna wreek on defences next summer. 10 foot 2 inches tall, can score easily with both feet, not to mention he does not even need to jump to score from perfect crosses delivered by the best crosser of the ball in World football Mr.David Beckham.

Many teams are gonna be quaking in their boots when he takes the field next year.

Just an advance warning for you boys :D

You Ozzies ever heard of the fantastic new talent we are grooming as a secret weapon for the next world cup?

Ever heard of PETER CROUCH? :o

Harry Kewell has and he is "shit scared" of the havoc he is gonna wreek on defences next summer. 10 foot 2 inches tall, can score easily with both feet, not to mention he does not even need to jump to score from perfect crosses delivered by the best crosser of the ball in World football Mr.David Beckham.

Many teams are gonna be quaking in their boots when he takes the field next year.

Just an advance warning for you boys :D

Shouldn't this post be in the jokes section Pauly?

Isn't this the guy that just scored his first goal for the season for Liverpool and were now nearly half way through the season.

It just shows how much world class talent England really has when this guy can get a game. What next . Bring back Heskey.