Hyundai Elantra - Wanna Know An Estimate Price

kkerrrrr

I read a reply in the post below about new cars from 2012 onwards and I'm very much interested in Hyundai Elantra which is due to be out soon.

now.. I wonder what the price of the car would be.

since the car is not being manufactured here in Thailand, I guess the price would be more than that of Civic and Cruze.

but how much more?

any opinion?

Went to Laos for a few days end of last year, believe it is the same car called the i20..... also lots of i30 and i35 there, they do look good, heard they drive much better then the Honda Civic.

Edited by ignis

Bah, too many obstacles in their way.

Too much bad blood from their last complete fail in TH where they left customers high and dry, and I'm sorry, for a mainstream car you just have to provide mainstream service - and with service centers in just 13/76 provinces, they just don't cut it.

it's not a Fezza or a Lambo..

Leave them to the more "adventurous" buyers I say. I wouldn't touch one with someone else's money.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Went to Laos for a few days end of last year, believe it is the same car called the i20..... also lots of i30 and i35 there, they do look good, heard they drive much better then the Honda Civic.

The Elantra is AKA i35. The i20 was previously known as the Getz (and preceded by the Excel), and the i30 is the hatch version of the Elantra sedan (i35).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I think what you saw is Elantra(export name of Avante) not i30 or i20(i20 is a smaller vehicle). Hyundai and Kia cars have the most competive price in Laos. Import tax much cheaper than Japanese cars. Korean cars just don't work in Thailand due to it's import tax..

Bah, too many obstacles in their way.

Too much bad blood from their last complete fail in TH where they left customers high and dry, and I'm sorry, for a mainstream car you just have to provide mainstream service - and with service centers in just 13/76 provinces, they just don't cut it.

it's not a Fezza or a Lambo..

Leave them to the more "adventurous" buyers I say. I wouldn't touch one with someone else's money.

Absolutely right.. Do not expect their service or resell value.. It's just that I'm too bored with civic, corolla and etc..

It's suprising but they do see where the vehicle is manufactured from. Basically the import tax is based on invoice price but their tax table mentions minimum invoice price for each country(origin of car) and the trick is that all importors pay the minimum invoice price written in the tax book not concerning about the real car price. MG cars are suprisingly cheap in Laos because they are manufactured in China. ^^

Maybe Benz are also cheap ? did see a lot of SLK's there, also appeared to a good number of Toyota Land Cruisers. not a lot of other Toyota models, did see a Vigo but looking again had Thai plates.

Benz are cheaper than Thailand. About 60~70% of the price sold in Thailand. Yeah many toyota. they were the second(first - benz) to enter the market.