Khaosarn Road Tourists Injured In Bus Accident

Jai Dee

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That buses are far cheaper and more convenient located than the government buses! Take a few hours more due countless stops at buscompany owned restaurants.

And I have seen many leepy drivers allover asia, even in government buses!

I prefer the train!

For that Khao San buses theft was (or is?) quite common for some years. Put to sleep with add-ins to the free cup of coke or coffee. Or as of my friends somehow else. Arrived in Surat found their money belt (under the belt of pants) emptied, at time of recording to american express about 10-11 am the thieves already purchased goods worth 100'000 Baht in BKK!

Well organised!

But I still take them sometimes, avoiding sitting in the last row (where noone sees the theft) and sitting on my money belt in my pants...

Also when teh bus goes on the ferry to Samui soemone inside the (locked) bus gots a door to the luggage room to search throughly!

A COACH CARRYING FOREIGN TOURISTS FROM KHAOSARN BOUND FOR SURATTHANI OVERTURNED

Buses out of Khao San road do not carry Thai people because they aren't licensed passenger carriers but are licensed as "tour buses".

ok..what if I am a Thai passenger on one these buses - does it make a difference?

As I understand it its very hard for Thais to be able to buy a ticket for these buses. In fact a friend of mine could only get one as her mate was a travel agent.

I thought it was some kind of racisim against the Thais when I first heard about it but maybe its the licensing that prohibits them.