Thai Bride Reject Threatens To Kill Herself At British Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

If nothing else this story proves the wisdom of the UK immigration policy to grant a temporary marriage visa first before allowing foreigners married to Brits to apply for indefinite leave to remain after two years living together in the UK. She was quite far from being able to apply for ILR due to her long absences in Thailand during the marriage.

The policy is still a lot more liberal than in Thailand where visa extensions based on marriage are renewable annually, subject to detailed checks that the marriage is still viable, and cannot be converted into permanent residence ever and lapse immediately if the Thai spouse dies. So it is hard to imagine on what grounds Thailand could protest her treatment by the UKBA.

The report doesn't clarify why she would have spent B5 million (if that is indeed true) on trying to get back to the UK, when the marriage has clearly disintegrated irrevocably and there is no need to be in the UK to file for divorce. She would surely have done better to have spent that on legal fees re the divorce. The inconsistency here gives credence to the theory that she had another boyfriend in the UK, although this is far from conclusive.

No doubt Mr Booth would be buying rounds of heavy with whisky chasers in his local pub, if the news broke that she had ended it all with a .45 bullet to the skull in front of the cameras in Wireless Road. Ms Kanokran comes over as a particularly unappealing person in every conceivable way and one can well imagine that Mr Booth might have indeed intended to order a different mail order bride but perhaps clicked on the wrong button in a state of severe inebriation.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that thinks it is fair that anyone should lose 50% of their wealth for being married for 1 year needs their head examined.

That really cuts to the chase.

ESPECIALLY if once the papers are signed,

one of the two parties suddenly changes personality,

and demands substantially more or there will be hell to pay,

and the con job they pulled on the other becomes painfully apparent.

5 years, would appear a reasonable attempt,

1 year is naught but gold digger territory.

Of course threatening to sue either Britain or the EU

for 2 million sterling or euros is purely greedy lawyer land.

Has this lady actually explained why she is so desperate to go to the UK to get her divorce when it isn't actually necessary?

Edited by bigbamboo

I have not looked forward to a valentines day like this for such a long time.

Sounds like a good pay per view event. I am sure it will be covered by many posters to youtube, not to mention 'the smitten with her charms' Andrew Drummond. I wonder how much of a cut she will give him for siding with the perpetrator of a fraudulent marriage.

Edited by wxyz

I still need clarification of something some posters have claimed:

- Is it impossible for a person not in the nation to file for divorce [in the UK]? Cannot use power of attorney?

Any person or entity, can instigate legal proceding within the UK provided they have a valid address in the UK to which documents etc can be served. As for the divorce in Scotland all that is required is for either party directly involved to simply go to Scotcourts website and look for simplified divorce procedure forms, download the form, complete the required documentation and arrange for it to be submitted with the appropriate fee, only one party in the procedings must have resided, or presently be residing, in Scotland, provided the grounds for a divorce are met the courts will commence procedings as appropriate.

- Is it impossible for a person not in the nation to file for divorce [in the UK]? Cannot use power of attorney?

Any person or entity, can instigate legal proceding within the UK provided they have a valid address in the UK to which documents etc can be served. As for the divorce in Scotland all that is required is for either party directly involved to simply go to Scotcourts website and look for simplified divorce procedure forms, download the form, complete the required documentation and arrange for it to be submitted with the appropriate fee, only one party in the procedings must have resided, or presently be residing, in Scotland, provided the grounds for a divorce are met the courts will commence procedings as appropriate.

Thank you very much for this explanation.

So is it correct, according to my understanding, that the divorce would be able to be filed and proceed even if she isn't in the country?

What is she likely to directly gain from being on location?

So is it correct, according to my understanding, that the divorce would be able to be filed and proceed even if she isn't in the country?

Divorce proceedings could be filed and executed WITHOUT her being in the Scotland - that is 100percent correct.

She gains publicity in the UK and access to UK FREE legal aid from a law firm prepared to take the case on a contingency basis........ where the lawyer takes a substantial chunk of any award.

If lawyers for both parties can agree a settlement (based on their respective clients instructions) then it's possible for one or both of the parties not to be present since no court appearance would be necessary. If the parties cannot agree a settlement then it must go to court and both parties must be present. In this case settlement means financial settlement as well as the settlement of the other attributes of the divorce, clearly they are not going to easily agree a settlement thus they will go to court and that's why she needs to be there.

That eventual court case, if it ever takes place, will look at all aspects of the relationship and the monies involved on both sides. The lady will be at a dsitnict disadvantage I would guess if she cannot attend since it would leave the husband free and clear to alledge whatever he wishes without her being able to defend herself or alledge any misbehaviour in return.

Edited by chiang mai

Divorce proceedings could be filed and executed WITHOUT her being in the Scotland - that is 100percent correct.

She gains publicity in the UK and access to UK FREE legal aid from a law firm prepared to take the case on a contingency basis........ where the lawyer takes a substantial chunk of any award.

Diviorce lawayers in the UK do not work on a percentage or contingency basis, they are specifically disallowed from doing so.

High Profile Publicity,the same as she is creating in Bangkok = more chance of uk public opinion,swaying the outcome in her favour.

i.e Poor little Thai woman,cheated and abused by big bad UKBA......................... Action,Lights, Cameras!

if she likes thailand why would she want to go to the UK except for money. i think he should of lived in Thailand for awhile to see what she was like before taking her to the UK he would of saved himself alot of problems

uk

You could also look this the other way.

Would you fight it if your employer did not honor your contract and refused to pay money due to you?

It's bit like kicking Steve Ballmer out of Microsoft without paying the massive contractual "golden handshake".

Edited by MJo

I think this sentence I found on another website from her says it all especially the word ....millionaire

Mrs Kanokrat wanted to enter the country to renew her residency permit and start divorce proceedings against her millionaire Scottish husband.

Edited by cliffbu

Tough bunch

Doesn't it bother anyone that the kilt maker married this las 3 times? twice in LOS and once in the UK-they were in love, how can he simply call the border folks and have her denied access for a visa ? What if I don't like someone is it really that easy to make a call and they are blocked ? Imagine the fools who will make idle threats in the heat of the moment "I'll have you deported" IMHO this old kilt maker is trying to protect his assests and is using the visa section. She is married to a Brit and in my mind should be allowed to "visit" the UK to take care of business-divorce, if she takes him for a bath well then it is his fault ?

To be honest its nice to see someone use the laws to their own benefit instead of getting rinsed by yet another Thai opportunist. If she cared so much about the divorce she can just do it in Thailand instead of trying to get the Lions share of this guys life assets. I can't tell how how many Thais I've met who have a house, car, business and huge savings just because they took some poor sap for a ride for a few months and took most of the estate him and his family have spent their lives building up just for some low life to feign interest and take it all. I hope she gets what she is morally entitled to here.

And Im sure threatening to kill yourself to the UK embassy is a way to cconvince them to let you into my country. If they let this crazy suckubus get her way then 1000s more will immediately follow with the same threats.

Well said clap2.gifwai.gifjap.gif

Tough bunch

Doesn't it bother anyone that the kilt maker married this las 3 times? twice in LOS and once in the UK-they were in love, how can he simply call the border folks and have her denied access for a visa ? What if I don't like someone is it really that easy to make a call and they are blocked ? Imagine the fools who will make idle threats in the heat of the moment "I'll have you deported" IMHO this old kilt maker is trying to protect his assests and is using the visa section. She is married to a Brit and in my mind should be allowed to "visit" the UK to take care of business-divorce, if she takes him for a bath well then it is his fault ?

To be honest its nice to see someone use the laws to their own benefit instead of getting rinsed by yet another Thai opportunist. If she cared so much about the divorce she can just do it in Thailand instead of trying to get the Lions share of this guys life assets. I can't tell how how many Thais I've met who have a house, car, business and huge savings just because they took some poor sap for a ride for a few months and took most of the estate him and his family have spent their lives building up just for some low life to feign interest and take it all. I hope she gets what she is morally entitled to here.

And Im sure threatening to kill yourself to the UK embassy is a way to cconvince them to let you into my country. If they let this crazy suckubus get her way then 1000s more will immediately follow with the same threats.

Sadly Andrew Drummond seeks his own cut of the Scots hard earned millions as well.

"I have been deleting a lot of posts over the last 24 hours, a sure sign that I am not in touch with a lot of my readers here, many of whom seem to have drifted in fromThai Visa.com. I have to say my sympathies are with her. I am British."

http://www.andrew-dr...her.php?sid=505

Edited by wxyz

Tough bunch

Sadly Andrew Drummond seeks his own cut of the Scots hard earned millions as well.

"I have been deleting a lot of posts over the last 24 hours, a sure sign that I am not in touch with a lot of my readers here, many of whom seem to have drifted in fromThai Visa.com. I have to say my sympathies are with her. I am British."

http://www.andrew-dr...her.php?sid=505

I'm with Andrew on this issue, it's about having the right to justice, something that far too many whingers.on thjs forum claim not to have access to in Thailand!

I think this sentence I found on another website from her says it all especially the word ....millionaire

Mrs Kanokrat wanted to enter the country to renew her residency permit and start divorce proceedings against her millionaire Scottish husband.

My wife just told me the thai side of the story from some thai websites that this guy have a son who is a high shot there and he is the one who orchestra d all that ( I mean blocking her from entering in the UK), She says that she wanted to be a reporter in the UK !!!passifier.gif AMAZINGLY there is another thai web site who claims that this lady already won her case !!!!

Now lets look deep into this, An old english gentleman marries a 42 yrs old Thai lady, then suddenly every thing goes down south for no clear reason !! ummmmm... some will claim it's the money that she is after which i might agree with SOME degree, But lets not forget that this old fool has his own share of this mockery, With no doubt that this case will be the talk of the town for some time from now ( 16 pages so far on this story ), Lets not forget that if she wins - and she might - alot of thai wives in the UK might take the same bath and the UK gov will find it self begging for money from neighboring countries violin.gif After all, She is asking for 2 Million pounds ( 100 million baht )! I wished i was a thai bride !intheclub.gif

Edited by Amr

My wife just told me the thai side of the story from some thai websites that this guy have a son who is a high shot there and he is the one who orchestra d all that ( I mean blocking her from entering in the UK), She says that she wanted to be a reporter in the UK !!!passifier.gif AMAZINGLY there is another thai web site who claims that this lady already won her case !!!!

Now lets look deep into this, An old english gentleman marries a 42 yrs old Thai lady, then suddenly every thing goes down south for no clear reason !! ummmmm... some will claim it's the money that she is after which i might agree with SOME degree, But lets not forget that this old fool has his own share of this mockery, With no doubt that this case will be the talk of the town for some time from now ( 16 pages so far on this story ), Lets not forget that if she wins - and she might - alot of thai wives in the UK might take the same bath and the UK gov will find it self begging for money from neighboring countries violin.gif After all, She is asking for 2 Million pounds ( 100 million baht )! I wished i was a thai bride !intheclub.gif

This news goes hand in hand with the report on Thai TV news two nights ago that reported the temperature in the UK as being -45C, and said with a straight face too, and in prime time!

Her LAWYER is seeking from the GOVERNMENT for blocking her re-entry,

not in the divorce proceedings. This has nothing to do with the old Scots wealth,

but her lawyer trying to make himself 1/3 of what he can get for her in the EU court.

Lawyer driven, latched on to her lost face for not being able to pull off her scam of the old coot.

I am not surprised his son is doing his best to protect the family assets from a gold digger.

A Thai Anna Nicole Smith comes to mind, but without the hooters.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1