Thai Bride Reject Threatens To Kill Herself At British Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

Think about what you're doing here: a crowd of people gathered around a tall building shouting 'Jump! Jump!'. Whatever her faults, wishing suicide on someone is vile and ignoble. I wonder whether you'd repeat these sentiments among your family back at home.

Boiling frogs, armchair mercenaries all.

She wished it on herself! And then decided not to carry it out.

"This vehicle is reversing"

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have read this link, as all that would follow his path should do. Such is Thainess.

[in two cases the wife divorced and left their husbands to raise their children shortly after obtaining permanent residency in the U.S, and neither of these women had ever been involved in the bar scene.

“if you are Thai-ignorant and money-foolish, you will always have Thai ‘friends’”.

this submission is COMPULSORY READING for all farangs interested in pursuing a relationship with a Thai woman.]

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1803.htm

He should have read this link, as all that would follow his path should do. Such is Thainess.

[in two cases the wife divorced and left their husbands to raise their children shortly after obtaining permanent residency in the U.S, and neither of these women had ever been involved in the bar scene.

“if you are Thai-ignorant and money-foolish, you will always have Thai ‘friends’”.

this submission is COMPULSORY READING for all farangs interested in pursuing a relationship with a Thai woman.]

http://www.stickmanb.../reader1803.htm

Bullsh*t, it's just one persons opinion that has been put in print, doesn't make it any more or less valid than any other persons experience or opinion that's the complete opposite.

• Like 1

Bullsh*t, it's just one persons opinion that has been put in print, doesn't make it any more or less valid than any other persons experience or opinion that's the complete opposite.

hahaha, citing Stickman as an authority, come on! Why not quote Chuwit or Wikipedia FGS? rolleyes.gif

hahaha, citing Stickman as an authority, come on! Why not quote Chuwit or Wikipedia FGS? rolleyes.gif

The poster, if you read it(it is quite long but worth the read) gives his background which gives him credibility. He is not anti Thai as you may be supposing.

The poster, if you read it(it is quite long but worth the read) gives his background which gives him credibility. He is not anti Thai as you may be supposing.

Regardless, it remains one persons view only - having accademic qualifications and a good background does not make a persons opinion more or less credible or valid when it comes to relationships matters.

Regardless, it remains one persons view only - having accademic qualifications and a good background does not make a persons opinion more or less credible or valid when it comes to relationships matters.

He began as an exchange student and learned Thainess from his Thai mother, which he is still very close to. He is informing on what Thai ladies have told him as well. Dismiss him out of hand at your peril, as the Scotsman and many others have found out.

Dismiss him at your peril, what a crock! Look, do Thai men or people who have "Thainess: hold some record for sucessful enduring relationships and low divorce rates simply because they were "aware" and chose appropriately, no they don't. Does Stickman sell copy/clicks sucessfully because he publishes drab boring fact alone or is the fact that the articles he displays are somewhat spicy and controversial having something to do with it!

Show me a study by a reputable body such as an international research institute or a significant university that has looked at the issue of Thai women as wives for foriegners and I may start to believe their findings - show me an article written by Mr somebody or other Thainess and published on the Stickman site and you don't get off the starting grid when it comes to credibility.

Edited by chiang mai

Dismiss him at your peril, what a crock! Look, do Thai men or people who have "Thainess: hold some record for sucessful enduring relationships and low divorce rates simply because they were "aware" and chose appropriately, no they don't. Does Stickman sell copy/clicks sucessfully because he publishes drab boring fact alone or is the fact that the articles he displays are somewhat spicy and controversial having something to do with it!

Show me a study by a reputable body such as an international research institute or a significant university that has looked at the issue of Thai women as wives for foriegners and I may start to believe their findings - show me an article written by Mr somebody or other Thainess and published on the Stickman site and you don't get off the starting grid when it comes to credibility.

That is also my perception. Orientated towards the beer, bars, and bargirl crowd, as I recall. Haven't looked at the site for a while, but I think it responds to the demands of a certain clientele.

That is also my perception. Orientated towards the beer, bars, and bargirl crowd, as I recall. Haven't looked at the site for a while, but I think it responds to the demands of a certain clientele.

Of which this guy was not a practioner in. Though you may dismiss him, hopefully it will clue up others as to why this Scotsman, and many others, have found himself in this position. Nothing in what this guy wrote has anything to do with Thaibar girls, every thing he wrote applies to the non Thais he has met and have had as friends and even as close friends. Again, none of them were bar girls, he came here as a highschool exchange student, not on a red light tour. You read the preponderance of garbage posted on thaivisa, this guy has much more cred than many of the posters on thaivisa. BTW, Why are you responding, if you are not even going to read it? Trashing it without reading it speaks volumes.

• Like 2

Of which this guy was not a practioner in. Though you may dismiss him, hopefully it will clue up others as to why this Scotsman, and many others, have found himself in this position. Nothing in what this guy wrote has anything to do with Thaibar girls, every thing he wrote applies to the non Thais he has met and have had as friends and even as close friends. Again, none of them were bar girls, he came here as a highschool exchange student, not on a red light tour. You read the preponderance of garbage posted on thaivisa, this guy has much more cred than many of the posters on thaivisa. BTW, Why are you responding, if you are not even going to read it? Trashing it without reading it speaks volumes.

OK, thanks, worth a read, with brain turned on. wink.png It's more about the message than the messenger, after all, no matter how highly credentialed.

I personally thought it was a great article. My perceptions are based upon living here for 12 years ,and I thought he got it pretty well spot on. Thai Visa posters seem to consist of fools chasing love from deceitful bar girls, and fools that married the first Thai girl they met and then moved up country to a two story cement house in the village. Both are generally wrong when it comes down to discussing anything of a substantive regarding Thailand. I really liked his outside intellectual perspective, and enjoyed the article. Too bad the Scotsman did not read it.....

• Like 2

I personally thought it was a great article. My perceptions are based upon living here for 12 years ,and I thought he got it pretty well spot on. Thai Visa posters seem to consist of fools chasing love from deceitful bar girls, and fools that married the first Thai girl they met and then moved up country to a two story cement house in the village. Both are generally wrong when it comes down to discussing anything of a substantive regarding Thailand. I really liked his outside intellectual perspective, and enjoyed the article. Too bad the Scotsman did not read it.....

Another shorter and amusing one, which includes this funny bit of reality.

["Thai Family loyalties being what they are the Wife's Loyalties are and will continue to be to her Family,many Western Men have been unable to reconcile themselves to the simple truth that in terms of respect,allegiance and love he is regarded at around the same level as a soi dog!!"]

http://thai-women-ad...ry-A-Thai-Woman

Edited by blows

spot on

absolutely true - it astounds me how foolish many farang are BUT i have come to the conclusion after much observance that many farang are psychologically/emotionally dysfunctional due to some experience 'back home' maybe a divorce or can't find a 'mate' back home who loves them despite them being old and overweight and so come here for the 'dream' which in fact is mostly 'illusion' - hence old farts with girls 20/30 years younger convincing themselves she 'loves him'.

["Thai Family loyalties being what they are the Wife's Loyalties are and will continue to be to her Family,many Western Men have been unable to reconcile themselves to the simple truth that in terms of respect,allegiance and love he is regarded at around the same level as a soi dog!!"]

http://thai-women-advice.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-You-Want-To-Marry-A-Thai-Woman

The article you are looking for is no longer published. The author may have chosen to unpublish it, or it may have been unpublished by a moderater because of a violation of HubPages rules.

spot on

Not reading the above response speak volumes.

Soi dog is a bit too low. :-) Better analogy is a buffalo, which is gently herded around and taken care of to provide for the future......

• Like 2

absolutely true - it astounds me how foolish many farang are BUT i have come to the conclusion after much observance that many farang are psychologically/emotionally dysfunctional due to some experience 'back home' maybe a divorce or can't find a 'mate' back home who loves them despite them being old and overweight and so come here for the 'dream' which in fact is mostly 'illusion' - hence old farts with girls 20/30 years younger convincing themselves she 'loves him'.

But not you of course,it astounds me how many holier than thou farang there are. Edited by dundee48

Soi dog is a bit too low. :-) Better analogy is a buffalo, which is gently herded around and taken care of to provide for the future......

And then slaughtered when of no further value.

• Like 1

Are bar girls & postitutes the same in Thailand?

No, from the above link: "One name the Thai's use for Bar Girls translates as temporary Wife"

<snips>

No, from the above link: "One name the Thai's use for Bar Girls translates as temporary Wife"

Does your logic implies that "One name the Thai's use for Prostitue translates as permanent Wife"? Or was it my imagination?

Edited by sparebox2

<snips>

Does your logic implies that "One name the Thai's use for Prostitue translates as permanent Wife"? Or was it my imagination?

Not my logic, that was from the link.

Many people do consider marriage a more expensive form of prostitution.

• Like 1

<snips>

Not my logic, that was from the link.

Many people do consider marriage a more expensive form of prostitution.

Another one? How about this then:

Many people who consider marriage a more expensive form of prostitution are gormless misogynists with feelings of entitlement and an inflated self-worth who are afraid of being equal to women.

insippid.gif

Hmm, yes. That sounds better.

• Like 2

Or maybe men would love to be treated as an equal by women, but women refuses to give up her advantaged position, preferring instead to win the marriage lottery.

It has been said, 'women consider me dogs', most men would love to be treated as well as women treat their dogs. Paris Hilton comes to mind.

Why are you responding, if you are not even going to read it? Trashing it without reading it speaks volumes.

I didn't say I hadn't read it I just said it has no credibility whatsoever other than one persons opinion - I read the Beano sometimes when I'm bored but it doesn't mean to say I believe in Dan Dare!

But not you of course,it astounds me how many holier than thou farang there are.

You have noooooooooooo idea!