Soi Dog Foundation

Recently a couple friends living in America posted a link to http://createsend.com/t/r-86C3925E5D13279F on facebook to donate to this Soi Dog Foundation. As I was reading through the page it sounded far fetched to me and I was wondering if it was a gimmick or a real foundation.

"June pictured right, is one of the many dogs rescued in a recent crackdown and will soon be on her way to a loving home in America." Sending thai dogs to America? Really?

"Tragically a lot of these dogs are stolen pets. They have obviously been trained and respond to commands, some of them are even still wearing collars." Stolen pets with collars, Iv lived in thailand now for 18 months and cant remember ever seeing a collar.

If this is real Im happy for its existence, It to me just sounds like a news article that has been filled with false statements just to make money. And were is this donation going, they advertise NE Thailand, but there website indicates they are in Phuket. I just dont want my friend's money going in someones pocket.

Thanks for responses.

SoiDog is a very real charity based in Phuket. They rescued hundreds of dogs from the recent dog meat bust onthe border and gave them shelter until they can get homes. Some of those homes end up being in Europe, Australia and the US and Canada because there is a shortage of people here wanting to adopt and too many adoptable dogs already. If someone in one of these places agrees to take a SoiDog dog, a "flight volunteer" will accompany the animal and check it as baggage on the flight and then pass it along to its new family.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can only second third and fourth that what the others have said already about SDF. It's a great organization that does fantastic work. Not only they help with the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of the meat industry dogs and other unfortunate dogs and cats, they have been up and about more than 12 hours a day every day rescuing dogs and other pets during the recent floods.

They have a facebook page with almost 44,000 members aka 'likers'. Just search for "Soi Dog Foundation",

It's an organization very worthwhile supporting!

• Like 1

Soi Dog is very real and has even taken in many dogs rescued from the meat trade. A very worthy charity for those who want to help animals.

+1

check out their website (google soi dog foundation - not sure if I'm allowed to post link). The documentary movie on their site is well worth watching and highlights the vital work they do.

i can only second all above, soidog helps hundreds of dogs and also cats to new lives, kind, hard working and efficient. very worth supporting if you want to help the animals in thailand, and they need your support. yes they make it happen! there are others too, but soidog seems to be the or one of the biggest organizations in thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

Soi Dog Foundation in Phuket is very anti Muslim plus former pr director (volunteer) from the Foundation ripped off the Phuket Film Festival in 2010. Members of the Foundation seem legit and caring but derogatory comments aobut Muslims and caring for dogs in Muslim areas would cause me to think twice about donating to them.

Soi Dog Foundation in Phuket is very anti Muslim plus former pr director (volunteer) from the Foundation ripped off the Phuket Film Festival in 2010. Members of the Foundation seem legit and caring but derogatory comments aobut Muslims and caring for dogs in Muslim areas would cause me to think twice about donating to them.

The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) had a virulent dislike of dogs and instructed that they all be killed - particularly the black ones. (Not quite sure why black dogs are worse than other ones.) Dogs could only be kept as guard dogs, for shepherding or for hunting - never as pets. He also taught that angels couldn't enter a house where a dog was present.

Since Mohammed (PBUH) is the perfect man and role-model Moslems should emulate him. In practice that means that many of them will stone any dog they see.

I therefore can understand why dog lovers and dog-hating Moslems might not see eye to eye.

i

The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) had a virulent dislike of dogs and instructed that they all be killed - particularly the black ones. (Not quite sure why black dogs are worse than other ones.) Dogs could only be kept as guard dogs, for shepherding or for hunting - never as pets. He also taught that angels couldn't enter a house where a dog was present.

Since Mohammed (PBUH) is the perfect man and role-model Moslems should emulate him. In practice that means that many of them will stone any dog they see.

I therefore can understand why dog lovers and dog-hating Moslems might not see eye to eye.

i guess stoning dogs is better than stoning women ! ohmy.png

• 2 months later...

It's correct Muslims perceive dogs as unclean. However I live in a Muslim area in Thailand & never seen such activity. Unfounded and hateful Anti Muslim posts such the above are very unfortunate. You prove to TV members where dogs have been stoned to death by Muslims in Thailand

• 1 month later...

I just saw the Anderson Cooper Show CNN today. The show was about charity scams. They did a feature on a scam oufit, Bagdad Dogs. A lady named Terri Crisp was shown on another CNN show from a year ago with two dogs supposedly from iraq needing to be adopted. Further investigating proved the dogs were not from Iraq, she totally lied about the dogs and her organization helping to find adoptions for war dogs. She claims that many of these dogs helped the U.S. troops and now have no homes. Often showing "tear jerking" photos of the dogs, sometimes with troops. All phony.

She also has had lawsuits, now prohibited from doing any fundraising in California for 5 years, due to her scamming. Guess what, she is on the internet now here in Thailand working with Soi Dogs. If this is true, I would strongly advise to investigate thoroughly before donating to this organization. I have not been able to get an answer, so no funds from me. I do not know who in Thailand is responsible for investigating charities, but if this lady is involved with Soi Dogs, someone needs to audit this organization, and specifically, Ms. Crisp's involvement/activities. She obviously has left U.S. due to the "heat".

Being a dog lover, I hope Soi Dog is doing what they say. At the same time, if they have any association with this lady, beware.

Check internet, popping in Terri Crisp fundraising fraud, or Terri Crisp Cnn Anderson Cooper for further information on her activities.

I just saw the Anderson Cooper Show CNN today. The show was about charity scams. They did a feature on a scam oufit, Bagdad Dogs. A lady named Terri Crisp was shown on another CNN show from a year ago with two dogs supposedly from iraq needing to be adopted. Further investigating proved the dogs were not from Iraq, she totally lied about the dogs and her organization helping to find adoptions for war dogs. She claims that many of these dogs helped the U.S. troops and now have no homes. Often showing "tear jerking" photos of the dogs, sometimes with troops. All phony.

She also has had lawsuits, now prohibited from doing any fundraising in California for 5 years, due to her scamming. Guess what, she is on the internet now here in Thailand working with Soi Dogs. If this is true, I would strongly advise to investigate thoroughly before donating to this organization. I have not been able to get an answer, so no funds from me. I do not know who in Thailand is responsible for investigating charities, but if this lady is involved with Soi Dogs, someone needs to audit this organization, and specifically, Ms. Crisp's involvement/activities. She obviously has left U.S. due to the "heat".

Being a dog lover, I hope Soi Dog is doing what they say. At the same time, if they have any association with this lady, beware.

Check internet, popping in Terri Crisp fundraising fraud, or Terri Crisp Cnn Anderson Cooper for further information on her activities.

Terri Crisp works for an organization called SPCAI in US. SPCAI made a donation to Soi Dog Foundation during the Bangkok floods. Recently they visited Thailand and are doing some work at a temple there devastated by the floods. This has nothing to do with Soi Dog Foundation and Soi Dog Foundation has no link whatsoever with Miss Crisp or SPCAI.

Can only second what has already been said. NO organization does more for animals in Thailand. Check out their Facebook page (soi dog). 60,000 followers or their website www.soidog.org

Were behind most of the rescue work during last years floods. Leading the campaign against the illegal dog meat trade and recently started operations in Bangkok.

Have not read anything anti muslim in their literature though is a fact that many Phuket Muslims have a hatred for dogs. Probably from local misguided teachings.

Mohammed by the way ordered all the dogs in Messina to be killed following a rabies outbreak but rescinded it to only infected dogs shortly after.

Is actually nothing about dogs in the Koran.

• Like 1

I have been to Soi dog. They helped me with freer medicine for dogs I rescued. They are also are helping me rehome two other puppies so they do a lot of good work. Paws on the other hand still advertise for donations and I have been to there supposed shelter. They don't take in any dogs and are more expensive than all the vets. Disgraceful- only in Thailand.