Legal Matters In The Uk

whiteelephant

As I have been in the Kingdom for a number of years now, I had some legal matters to deal with in the Uk,As I did

not want to travel to the Uk,reasons expense, and time, I decided to look for a Lawyer who could possibly help me

in this sittuation,I looked at all the reputabale lawyers in town, but to no evail, finally a friend suggested a lawyer in *address removed*

who might be able to help,So I went to his office and took a buisness card,I looked on the website and found out he had a

legal friend in the Uk,well I thought it was my birthday hes the man for me,I dont know about anybody else, but living in

the Kingdom its wise not to jump to the first decision that comes in your head,check things out first. WellI am glad I did

,I e-mailed the S.R.A, Thats the "solicitors regulation authority" in London, Back came the news I was not expecting,

So at the moment I am at the same sittuation as I started, can anyone suggest a way out?

Edited by cdnvic
Removed identifying info

I'm not getting this? So this wonderful lawyer you found with a legal friend in the UK (as apposed to what, an illegal friend?) made you feel like it was your b-day and you found "the man" however you say nothing was done?

So is he good or useless? What are you asking for? Another lawyer recommendation?

Why would you talk to a lawyer in Pattaya about a legal issue in UK?

Look on the British Embassy website for the UK law firms operating in Thailand and go see one of them, they can at least put you in direct contact with the right person in their UK offices.

Edited by PattayaParent

TRY AGIAN AS TV ATE MY LAST POST!!! - AGAIN (hate this new version very buggy IMO).

Yes, bit confusing - more detail needed (or at least complete the sentences, that may help). If you want a UK based solicitor, why don't you use the SRA to get a list of them and email them. There are many that will do certain things for online - I sold my house this way without even meeting the solicitor (and yes I checked him out first too). So, depends on what "the trouble" is, how much you want to spend and how much time you have. Get an online UK solicitor and email them, they will usdually give basic advise by return and tell you what, if anything, they can do for you - or often will redirect you to a colleague otherwise.

I'm not getting this? So this wonderful lawyer you found with a legal friend in the UK (as apposed to what, an illegal friend?) made you feel like it was your b-day and you found "the man" however you say nothing was done?

So is he good or useless? What are you asking for? Another lawyer recommendation?

When I said I checked with an e-mail, the S.R.A in London the Lawyer I refered to in 3rd road is an unregistered Solicitor/Lawyer in the Uk, he used to be a Solicitor in the Uk but no more,(quote) from Joanna Booker, at the S.R.A. stated,

"However we dont hold any practicing details for him."If you would like to PM me I could tell you more.

• 3 weeks later...