Comparative Rating On Abhisit-Yingluck Govt

webfact

O goody another malcontent who wants Thailand to be like where he came from.

I lived in Canada for many years and they had Prime Ministers who were not elected by the people.

It worked fine for them.

Don't you spend quite a lot of time on this forum telling us how you think that that Thailand should be run?

No

There is more than one way to run a country. I just point out the poor job of running it from another country through a person who's only claim to fame is she can smile while evading issues.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A comparative study between Democratically elected Govts. would be more informative.

Considering that a military, coup installed Govt. owes its' allegiance to those who positioned them, their priorities would reflect it.

Whereas the current Ms. Y. Govt owes its' allegiance to the electorate. Her policies would reflect that electorate, as would other previous Govts. who came to power the same, democratic way.

Alternatively, it would be interesting to compare Thai Govts which were elected, vs. those who were 'coup'ed" into place.

I think you have made an error. The Abhisit Government was not installed by the coup makers. This is a myth propagated by the reds to suit their own purposes but not at all true.

No, Ian, you have made the error. The last coalition government was forced together by the army at General Anupong's house on an army barracks. The myth being propagated is that the coalition was just a routine negotiation between and coming together of politicians in parliament.

THe myth propagated is that the PM Abhisit government was not a valid govenment, but installed by the military. Sure the military had their opinion and preferences, but political parties worked together and had a majority of MPs who elected the PM. Still unclear why then PM Somchai didn't dissolve the House before stepping down, which would have been his (legal) prerogative. As he didn't the elected MP's got their third chance to elect a PM.

BTW PM Samak had to step down (lied a wee bit about the income of his cooking program), but could have been re-elected as PM the very same day. K. Thaksin didn't like his independent stance and preferred his brother-in-law k. Somchai. I guess since no military were involved that can be called very democratic ?

Edited by rubl

THe myth propagated is that the PM Abhisit government was not a valid govenment, but installed by the military. Sure the military had their opinion and preferences, but political parties worked together and had a majority of MPs who elected the PM. Still unclear why then PM Somchai didn't dissolve the House before stepping down, which would have been his (legal) prerogative. As he didn't the elected MP's got their third chance to elect a PM.

Sure, the military had their opinion and preferences. And they made it quite clear to the leaders of the smaller parties who were 'invited' to the negotiations (and had their cellphones confiscated for the duration of the meetings, and were put up for the night in strict security with no contact with the outside world) that those parties had no choice other than to join the proposed coalition. "worked together" Is a more than slightly euphemistic interpretation of what actually happened.

BTW PM Samak had to step down (lied a wee bit about the income of his cooking program), but could have been re-elected as PM the very same day. K. Thaksin didn't like his independent stance and preferred his brother-in-law k. Somchai. I guess since no military were involved that can be called very democratic ?

Samak was a sop to Thaksin's opponents, but, as you stated, he became dispensable when he became too independant. But the big difference between Thaksin's interference and the interference of his opponents is that Thaksin has huge popular support, but his opponents don't. Didn't you notice the results of the last general election?

A comparative study between Democratically elected Govts. would be more informative.

Considering that a military, coup installed Govt. owes its' allegiance to those who positioned them, their priorities would reflect it.

Whereas the current Ms. Y. Govt owes its' allegiance to the electorate. Her policies would reflect that electorate, as would other previous Govts. who came to power the same, democratic way.

Alternatively, it would be interesting to compare Thai Govts which were elected, vs. those who were 'coup'ed" into place.

I think you have made an error. The Abhisit Government was not installed by the coup makers. This is a myth propagated by the reds to suit their own purposes but not at all true.

No, Ian, you have made the error. The last coalition government was forced together by the army at General Anupong's house on an army barracks. The myth being propagated is that the coalition was just a routine negotiation between and coming together of politicians in parliament.

So they weren't installed by the coup makers then.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

So they weren't installed by the coup makers then.

The coalition was 'brokered' at General Anupong's house. General Anupong was one of the leading 2006 coup-makers. Are these facts new to you, Whybother?

Govt ahead on 3 issues but behind on 2: poll

The Nation

30175158-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Results of a Suan Dusit poll released yesterday show that the Yingluck Shinawatra government has outpaced, trailed behind and been on par with the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration on several different factors.

This government is said to be outperforming the previous one on three issues, namely the Bt15,000 starting salary for all civil servants with a bachelor's degree; the Bt300 daily minimum wage; and the drug-suppression campaign.

However, the Abhisit government was seen to be superior on two counts - the Cabinet line-up and paddy-price intervention scheme. The only issue both governments are on a par with is education, while both of them have failed to end the political conflict and quelling violence in the South.

Meanwhile, Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said yesterday that he was willing to drop his lawsuits related to the two financial decrees provided the government can outline its spending plans on water management and flood control.

"I have no intention of blocking the government's work on flood control and will end the court battle if the government can spell out its planned spending to justify the decrees," he said.

The main opposition party is seeking a judicial review from the Constitution Court on grounds that the government did not have the justification or the urgency to issue a decree on the Bt1.14-trillion debt transfer to the Bank of Thailand and one on the Bt350-billion flood-control loans.

The two decrees are designed to give the government more room for incurring public debt.

Abhisit said the government did not need additional loans for its flood-control measures.

Under the current budget, the government already has Bt200 billion at its disposal to spend on flood control as well as a mandate to seek additional loans of Bt150 billion without having to issue any decrees, he said.

He urged the government to focus on carrying out flood-prevention measures ahead of the rainy season instead of being obsessed with raising public debt even before it has worked out its spending plans.

Since Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to go on a field trip from February 13 to 17 to check on flood control, Abhisit said he hoped the trip would yield a tangible outcome. However, he added that he was worried the trip might just be a publicity stunt to re-circulate ideas for mega-projects that have never got off the drawing board.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-04

The coalition was 'brokered' at General Anupong's house. General Anupong was one of the leading 2006 coup-makers. Are these facts new to you, Whybother?

In the same way that previous coalitions were brokered - deals, and then voted on in parliament.

One coalition partner says he didn't have a choice. Did he say why he didn't have a choice? Could it have been because he wouldbt get a place at the trough if he didn't agree?

In the same way that previous coalitions were brokered - deals, and then voted on in parliament.

One coalition partner says he didn't have a choice. Did he say why he didn't have a choice? Could it have been because he wouldbt get a place at the trough if he didn't agree?

Except that he stated that he didn't have a choice AFTER he'd been given his place at the trough. Sometimes, Whybother, you are so desparate to post propaganda that you fall over yourself in your eagernessto do so, and embarrass yourself.

Except that he stated that he didn't have a choice AFTER he'd been given his place at the trough. Sometimes, Whybother, you are so desparate to post propaganda that you fall over yourself in your eagernessto do so, and embarrass yourself.

How does being given a place change whether he had "a choice"? Obviously, if he didn't want a place at the trough he would have made a different choice.

Edited by whybother

How does being given a place change whether he had "a choice"? Obviously, if he didn't want a place at the trough he would have made a different choice.

So long as you feel comfortable with what you are doing on this forum, don't worry about it. If I were doing what you are doing here I would feel like sh1t within myself. But I'm not, I'm posting honest personal opinions, so I don't. But all the best, and it must be worth it.

So long as you feel comfortable with what you are doing on this forum, don't worry about it. If I were doing what you are doing here I would feel like sh1t within myself. But I'm not, I'm posting honest personal opinions, so I don't. But all the best, and it must be worth it.

Are you accusing me of being paid to post AGAIN. You haven't done that in a while. When is your next accusation of me being Thai?

Are you accusing me of being paid to post AGAIN. You haven't done that in a while. When is your next accusation of me being Thai?

Eh? Calm down.

Eh? Calm down.

It's clear what it says, and you've done it before.

If they're not my honest personal opinions, what do you suggest they are?

Eh? Calm down.

It's clear what it says, and you've done it before.

If they're not my honest personal opinions, what do you suggest they are?

A rather strontium dishonest agenda on this forum.

What? I get the impression that you're referring to another forum.

Add that to the accusations of being Thai, being banned member Plus and being paid to post.

And I get the impression that you're inadvertently owning up to an awful lot of internet behaviour that you will feel embarrassed about now that you have acknowledged who you were on this forum and who you are on another forum. I wonder what they will make of your acknowledgement over on that other forum, particularly as you stated on that forum that you don't post on TVF.

Btw, how many mid-forties Aussies were shot at by snipers during the 2010 troubles whilst having a smoke on their apartment balconies in central Bangkok?

Add that to the accusations of being Thai, being banned member Plus and being paid to post.

And I get the impression that you're inadvertently owning up to an awful lot of internet behaviour that you will feel embarrassed about now that you have acknowledged who you were on this forum and who you are on another forum. I wonder what they will make of your acknowledgement over on that other forum, particularly as you stated on that forum that you don't post on TVF.

Btw, how many mid-forties Aussies were shot at by snipers during the 2010 troubles whilst having a smoke on their apartment balconies in central Bangkok?

I will state clearly. I am not Strontium. I have not acknowledged or inadvertently owned up to anything. Anyone that has ever looked at that forum will know the name.

I also don't smoke, don't have a balcony, and wasn't shot at by snipers.

I am not paid to post. I am not Thai. I am not Plus.

Do you have any other ridiculous accusations?

I am in my mid forties and Australian, but my profile says that, so it's not surprising that that's the only thing you got right.

Edited by whybother

I will state clearly. I am not Strontium. I have not acknowledged or inadvertently owned up to anything. Anyone that has ever looked at that forum will know the name.

I also don't smoke, don't have a balcony, and wasn't shot at by snipers.

I am not paid to post. I am not Thai. I am not Plus.

Do you have any other ridiculous accusations?

I am in my mid forties and Australian, but my profile says that, so it's not surprising that that's the only thing you got right.

Thankyou for all of that.

Dusit Poll found most Thais more satisfied with new minimum salary-wage policy of Pheu Thai govt

BANGKOK, 4 February 2012 (NNT) – The latest survey among Thais found that most think the current government's new minimum wage/salary policy is better than what the previous administration has come up with.

Suan Dusit Poll has, on Friday, released details of a survey on the comparison between the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration.

The survey asked 2,163 people across the country from January 28th to February 2nd.

Most of the respondents viewed the current government's top-3 policies better than those implemented by the Democrat Party-led government.

The number-1 policy that most who answered the survey found most impressive was the increase in the country's minimum salary for holders of bachelor's degree to THB15,000 and minimum daily wage to THB300. The 2nd-most impressive policy in the eyes of Thais is the drug suppression, with the government's policies on trade, investment and international relations noted as number-3 on people's minds.

When asked about any 3 policies of the Pheu Thai-led government that are worse than those of the previous administration, people have chosen the appointments of ministers, the various public assistance policies and the free utilities and transport service, respectively.

The survey also found that most people think both governments are equally good in supporting education, while they completely failed the public when it comes to solving political conflicts.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-02-04 footer_n.gif

Many devoted pro government posters never seem to attack the failings of this said government, and it's antics.

Whybother and many more spell out the wrongs starting with no election promises fulfilled, the fugitive stirring trouble from abroad, the cabinet line up etc.

good constructive criticism is healthy, instead of attacking members who do criticize please tell us your version of the good this government has done so far (7 months), and you said you were honest, so tell us the bad things that they are doing.

Yes, Siam Simon, your opinions, most of which I strongly disagree with.

Many devoted pro government posters never seem to attack the failings of this said government, and it's antics.

Whybother and many more spell out the wrongs starting with no election promises fulfilled, the fugitive stirring trouble from abroad, the cabinet line up etc.

good constructive criticism is healthy, instead of attacking members who do criticize please tell us your version of the good this government has done so far (7 months), and you said you were honest, so tell us the bad things that they are doing.

Whybother joined this forum during the 2010 troubles and made one thousand (yes, that's 1000) posts in the news clippings section within a month of joining. He didn't make a single post in any other part of the forum. And then there was jcbangkok.....

But, and to move on, the best thing that the current government has done is to get elected, and that's great for democracy and a thumb in the eye for the uglies that installed the last government. But the current government is a 5 out of 10 performance (not much different from the last government) . Some so-called first teamers are expected back soon. I'm not excited. It always seems business as usual to me. My view is that Abhisit should have hung back and plugged away at the 'only in it for themselves' angle until he got the majority protest vote. But he couldn't see beyond the end of his nose (ooh, prime minister in my mid-forties) and he blew it by aligning with a greedy bunch who managed to turn Thaksin into a martyr..

Thankyou for all of that.

... not that that will stop you from bringing up ridiculous accusations again, right.

Oh.....I don't need to smile.png .

The newspaper piece says: 'The number-1 policy that most who answered the survey found most impressive was the increase in the country's minimum salary for holders of bachelor's degree to THB15,000 and minimum daily wage to THB300. ....."

Well all of that needs to be put into a more correct context

1. The 15,000Baht starting minimum for new graduates. In fact it's hasn't been implmented and their is on-going total confusion with lots of relevant questions and no answers, and no sign of any answers because no matter what direction pt tries to take with this they open up numerous other serious and very sensitive pandora's boxes.

2. The 300Baht daily minimum. Again a minefield and now promises of implementtaion soon for 7 provinces and for some provinces implementation in 2015 (some 4 to 5 years after it was promised and in fact breaking the promise).

Plus, nobody seems to have given any thought to the strong possibility that folks in Bkk and maybe 6 more provinces will very probably demand and get even more rises up to 2015, making the gap even bigger.

Plus, on top of all of that it's all now been challenged by a long list of organizations.

Siam Simon #56

No answer to my post-side stepping again (yawn) attack whybother-attack Abhisit, you have just confirmed what I posted. you are among the blind who are being led by the blind. So in 7 months the only good they have done is being elected.  totally ridiculous comment in a reply I expected to be more positive about it's achievements. Ha Ha Ha.  amazing. another failed answer from a Yingluck fan

Whybother joined this forum during the 2010 troubles and made one thousand (yes, that's 1000) posts in the news clippings section within a month of joining. He didn't make a single post in any other part of the forum. And then there was jcbangkok.....

Ahhh ... yes ... forgot about that one. You also accused me of being the same poster as JCBangkok.

And now you're coming out with lies. I do hope you apologise for that one. You are very big on getting apologies for lying, after all.

Just before the election in July 2011, the two party contesting the election were asked to solve a problem in front of the cameras for the electors to decide who were the people who were the more able to lead the country.

In front of the two camps, the host fill up a bathtub with water, then show them a teaspoon, a glass and a bucket and ask them to come up with the best solution to empty the bathtub in the shortest time possible.

In the democrat side, a brainstorming is going up. The PAD suggest to start a defamation campaign in the press, the army advises the use of a sniper, BJT suggests to bribe the host. Then Abhisit, with a smile, says, thanks to his Oxford education he has the best solution. He then start talking using a lot big words to conclude that of course the bucket being the biggest container, they will use the bucket to empty the bathtub.

Then it's Yingluck turn to answer. She hang up the phone, walk to the bathtub ... and pull out the plug.

The rest is history.

_