Where To Get Car Inspection

just_Elaine

Hi! I need to get our car inspected before we go pay the road tax, but I don't know where to go. Could someone recommend a place?

Thanks,

Elaine

P.S. I apologize if someone has posted this information before. I tried to search, but could not find anything.

There is 3 inspection places on the Chiangmai Hod rd. As mentioned there is one diagonally opposte Big C near the corner. LH side going towards Chiangmai.

Another is next to (near) Hangdong post office. Just past the Post Office on the left going towards Chiangmai.

Once you recognose the Thai sign you will see them all over the place.

I did my car in Dec at the one near the post office. Quick and efficient. Cost 200 Baht. As stated you can also get the compulsary insurance there if want. If you don't want th trip to the registry office they will also do that for a nominal fee.

Check for cars every year including and after 7 yrs and bikes 5 yrs.

There's a place kitty corner to Big C on Hang Dong Road. You just drive the car over a ramp, they check the lights and stick a thingy up the tail pipe.

They will do everything there tax, insurance, check etc.

That's the one I always used with my previous car. Believe it is either 150 or 200 Baht.

post-566-0-45391200-1328283427_thumb.jpg

There is one across the street from the Holliday Inn. It is just a very little north of the hotel and the first building north of it across a soi is a Transport office where you can do the registration and pay the road tax..

Thank you everyone. We ended up going to the one kitty corner from Big C on Hang Dong Rd (thank you Tywais for the picture). It was easy to find - turn left just after you pass Toyota and follow the arrows. The guy was professional and quick.

We'll probably go to pay the tax at the drive thru in Nong Hai (across from the Holiday Inn).

Elaine