Itunes Music Store

buadhai

I was under the impression that residents of countries other than the US could only purchase from the iTunes Music Store if they resided in a country that has a iTunes Music Store. So, ever since I moved here to Thailand I didn't bother even looking at IMS.

However, today I read about Diana Krall's new Christmas Album and decided to have a look. I was able to download the free cut ("Jingle Bells"). I liked it, so looked at the album and clicked "Purchase". The album is downloading now.

The credit card I used to purchase has a US address, but I thought Apple was using IP address rather than credit card address for purchase eligibility.

ITMS uses the country of credit card issue, and ITMS availability to allow the purchase of music. For example a US card can puerchase music anywhere, because ITMS is available in the US. On the other hand, you couldn't use a Russian credit card, dor example, because ITMS is not available in Russia.

Interesting. When I lived in Saipan I was initially able to buy music from the ITMS using a US credit card. Then they changed to the IP based system and locked us out. (Even though Saipan was a US territory....)

I guess they've gone back to addresses....