Trouble In Paradise?

waza

Perhaps all you fellows that think Beetlejuice's infinite wisdom is the answer, and that all those who end up falling victim to violence must have broken one of his golden rules, should write this down and put it on a postcard, mail it out to the families of all the deceased? I am sure they would appreciate it. For that matter, there is no sense in questioning these mystery deaths, as it is already so simple .. the victims must not have followed these unwritten rules, therefore they don't deserve any better fate? Is that what you guys are saying?

The above post is a perfect example of how to build a complete house using only three bricks.

While the advice is solid advice, the idea that the solution to the problem of corruption, murder cover-ups, unexplained deaths .. is just for tourists to behave better .. is completely ridiculous. Sure you can avoid a lot of hassle by playing by the rules, as Beetlejuice suggests, but does that mean we should completely ignore that a problem exists? You all seem to be living in your own little fantasy land, and you don't want anyone to burst your bubble?

Perhaps all you fellows that think Beetlejuice's infinite wisdom is the answer, and that all those who end up falling victim to violence must have broken one of his golden rules, should write this down and put it on a postcard, mail it out to the families of all the deceased? I am sure they would appreciate it. For that matter, there is no sense in questioning these mystery deaths, as it is already so simple .. the victims must not have followed these unwritten rules, therefore they don't deserve any better fate? Is that what you guys are saying?

The above post is a perfect example of how to build a complete house using only three bricks.

While the advice is solid advice, the idea that the solution to the problem of corruption, murder cover-ups, unexplained deaths .. is just for tourists to behave better .. is completely ridiculous. Sure you can avoid a lot of hassle by playing by the rules, as Beetlejuice suggests, but does that mean we should completely ignore that a problem exists? You all seem to be living in your own little fantasy land, and you don't want anyone to burst your bubble?

Yep, hab agree with you there; furthermore midder KB’S counter waffle of proof by contradiction falls flat on its face as the dear young man forgot to state how big his bricks were. huh.png

• Like 1

As most of us that have lived here for years have learned, this is not our country. We are not going to change the way things are. Although I am encouraged that the Thais around here are starting to recognize there are problems and are actually asking the central government to send some help. As a friend of mine who has lived and worked in Bangkok for many years, correctly stated when we discussed the taxi situation here yesterday: "It's a medieval world struggling with the modern one."

Edited by Jimi007

As most of us that have lived here for years have learned, this is not our country. We are not going to change the way things are. Although I am encouraged that the Thais around here are starting to recognize there are problems and are actually asking the central government to send some help. As a friend of mine who has lived and worked in Bangkok for many years, correctly stated when we discussed the taxi situation here yesterday: "It's a medieval world struggling with the modern one."

"It's a medieval world struggling with the modern one."

No, "It's an underworld allowed to look legitimate."

"It's a medieval world struggling with the modern one."

No, "It's an underworld allowed to look legitimate."

I guess that's a more modern, rather than a historical interpretation, for what he said...

My point was, which you seemed to miss, was that you were jumping to conclusions that weren't warranted. ie. didn't follow someones rules, so they deserve that fate. You're the only one that inferred it and it is obviously cobblers.

<snip> The fact that each day that passes seems to bring a new questionable suicide, probably helps keep people interested.. as unfortunate as it is .. this story isn't going away!

Where did you get that fact from? Please let us share in this, and give an overview of all these questionable suicides, of the last 2 weeks maybe?

Edited by stevenl

<snip> The fact that each day that passes seems to bring a new questionable suicide, probably helps keep people interested.. as unfortunate as it is .. this story isn't going away!

Where did you get that fact from? Please let us share in this, and give an overview of all these questionable suicides, of the last 2 weeks maybe?

I am not sure if you noticed, but a very wealthy man apparently jumped off his balcony in Pattaya yesterday, or at least it was reported yesterday, and there is a separate thread discussing it.

Also, on Friday I personally watched police pull a badly decomposed body out of the moat in downtown Chiang Mai, right across the street from The Spotlight Bar, and have yet to see any report in any local media.

Also, on Friday I personally watched police pull a badly decomposed body out of the moat in downtown Chiang Mai, right across the street from The Spotlight Bar, and have yet to see any report in any local media.

So? Any connection to Phuket? Any connection to a suicide? Any connection to a questionable suicide?

So? Any connection to Phuket? Any connection to a suicide? Any connection to a questionable suicide?

You asked what has gone on the last few days, and I told you ... I don't know anything about the body in Chiang Mai .. there is no news on the case .. to me .. that in itself is questionable. There were at least 1000 people gathered around the moat watching the cops remove it, I am sure they are all wondering what the hell happened. No it wasn't in Phuket .. my comments that people continue to be interested in my article because there continues to be questionable suicides and unexplained deaths, was not meant to be specific to Phuket, many of the people who have commented on this thread are not in Phuket, and the tone has seemed to be more general to Thailand.

You asked what has gone on the last few days, and I told you ... I don't know anything about the body in Chiang Mai .. there is no news on the case .. to me .. that in itself is questionable. There were at least 1000 people gathered around the moat watching the cops remove it, I am sure they are all wondering what the hell happened. No it wasn't in Phuket .. my comments that people continue to be interested in my article because there continues to be questionable suicides and unexplained deaths, was not meant to be specific to Phuket, many of the people who have commented on this thread are not in Phuket, and the tone has seemed to be more general to Thailand.

There is a thread about Phuket, considering the subtitle there is no question at all it is about Phuket.

The text in the OP is from your blog, and clearly about Phuket.

When questioned about examples the mysterious suicides of the last 2 weeks, that are according to you happening on a daily basis, you come up with 2 examples, one in Pattaya, one in Chiang Mai, the latter at the moment not even a suicide, let alone questionable.

Sorry, you have lost all credibility to me and are here simply to promote your blog. Considering the way you handle the truth I have no interest in your blog.

Steven,

Appearing credible to you is not high on my priority list. I never should have bothered answering your taunts in the first place, you are clearly just looking to pick a fight. Just another internet tough guy ..

Again .. I am not the one that started this thread ..

A pity that credibility is not high on your priority list. Not good for a blogger I would say.

I know you did not start the thread, but the text from the OP is from your blog.