A Thai Renewing A Thai Passport In Bangkok

My wife's passport has expired at the end of last year and needs to be renewed within a few days to fit with modified travel plans. Does anyone know how many days this will take and also is there a fast track option available?

Please don't say that we should have done this earlier because we are fully aware of that.

Thanks.

why not ask your wife?

If you were in your country would she do this for you?

Shheeeshhh.... farangs trying to get invloved where a Thai person can easily make a call.

Let her sort it out, I am sure she is more than capable.

I have of course asked my wife and her friends, but there is conflicting information. There is no time to make the call because she has to apply tomorrow and today is Sunday. I was asking for positive replies which some have given. I don't need a lecture on Farangs sticking their noses in.

You don't need to get involved.

Your wife speaks Thai, reads Thai, if it is this urgent why leave is so late.

You seems to be another farang stickiong his nose in trying to be the 'big I am'.

Seem plenty of your type. Pathetic.

Let your wife sort it out as all you can do is ask other farangs fo rtheir advice which may or may not be correct. Get you wife to call the ofice in the morning. That's the easiest way.

You don't need to get involved.

Your wife speaks Thai, reads Thai, if it is this urgent why leave is so late.

You seems to be another farang stickiong his nose in trying to be the 'big I am'.

Seem plenty of your type. Pathetic.

Let your wife sort it out as all you can do is ask other farangs fo rtheir advice which may or may not be correct. Get you wife to call the ofice in the morning. That's the easiest way.

This forum is for questions of the nature of what I asked, that is the whole point of this forum! The big 'I am' are you mentally challenged or something? I simply asked a question on Thai visa regarding passport renewal.

Pathetic! I take it that this is a self description.

I would appreciate if you don't reply to any of my future posts with you smart arsed answers.

you are another 'loser' farnd in BKK.

Get yourself a job.

Be a westerner, don't try to get invloved in Thai isues, unless you can converse fully in Thai.

BTW, your Englaish is not great either, your question 'How long is there a fast track option?' is not in English, is it is not asked correctly.

Get yourself a job.

Be a westerner, don't try to get invloved in Thai isues, unless you can converse fully in Thai.

BTW, your Englaish is not great either, your question 'How long is there a fast track option?' is not in English, is it is not asked correctly.

Get yourself a job.

Who said that I can't converse fully in Thai. In fact my Thai is probably better than your English.

ur Englaish is not great either. Tosser

You are just another Chang filled keyboard warrior with a scab on his back. As I politely asked earlier refrain from answering my posts and I hope that your head gets better.

3 days actually if she picks it up herself. Otherwise they can EMS it to her for 30 baht.

Old passport, ID card are all that are required, though I'd bring a copy of the tabieen baan just in case they ask for it.

1000 baht. That is it.

Hardly even a form to fill out. All rather efficient.

3 days actually if she picks it up herself. Otherwise they can EMS it to her for 30 baht.

Old passport, ID card are all that are required, though I'd bring a copy of the tabieen baan just in case they ask for it.

1000 baht. That is it.

Thanks Samran good information. I appreciate you input.

Cheers, Rick

Get yourself a job.

rocketman obviously isn't a rocket scientist....

• Like 2

1000 baht. That is it.

Correct, I got mine in 3 days when I renewed my passport.

Bit late in posting but our experience renewing a passport was totally positive. Went to BKK with the wife and went to the Ministry. She took a number and I noticed a 'very large' number of people in front of her. Being the eternal pessimist I bought a newspaper, coffee and a snack before settling down for a long wait.

Wife was out with everything complete including submitting details to EMS ------ all IN LESS THAN 45 MINUTES. Very efficient.

Passport duly delivered via EMS.

Great service by any standard.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am going to Thailand on 4 April and need to change to my married name and then apply for new passport as mine runs out in May. Just wanted to know bangkokrick did it take 3 days including the day your wife went? So do I get it on the 3rd day? Also was there a fast track service?thank you very much