New Click 125I

simoncnx

I agree, combi brake is not that much of a big deal and something else to go wrong. I bought the top model to get the good rims and tyres - 51800B

you buy cash? i bought top model with tubeless and combi brake 54.500 baht include 2 years insurance and transfer

yes cash and no insurance

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tekinsel,

A. In general, scooter fuel guages are always wrong. Some show full until half the fuel is gone, and then they drop like a stone.

B. New engines do not show their best fuel efficiency. After they have been broken in, they improve.

C. You must look in the owner's manual to find how much fuel your tank holds. After a while, you will know how close to empty you were when your tank showed low at one or two bars. I have a friend whose guage shows empty, and yet he has one entire liter remaining.

D. To really know something about your new bike, have the tank filled FULL, write down the number of kilometers shown, and ride until your fuel guage shows low. Fill your tank to FULL (write down how many liters it took to fill to the top) and subtract your old miles from your new one. Then divide the number of liters you purchased into the kilometers you've gone for each liter. You will show better than 40 kms per liter, I believe.

E. Above all, never trust a fuel guage until you have lived with it a while and found out what it is saying.

• Like 1

you certainly right, yesterday showed 4 lines, i stopped, started one hour later and again 4, today i went market and still 4lines, after turn 6lines, fuel guages not trustable, thanks for info, i started to check fuel usage and will report

tekinsel,

A. In general, scooter fuel guages are always wrong. Some show full until half the fuel is gone, and then they drop like a stone.

B. New engines do not show their best fuel efficiency. After they have been broken in, they improve.

C. You must look in the owner's manual to find how much fuel your tank holds. After a while, you will know how close to empty you were when your tank showed low at one or two bars. I have a friend whose guage shows empty, and yet he has one entire liter remaining.

D. To really know something about your new bike, have the tank filled FULL, write down the number of kilometers shown, and ride until your fuel guage shows low. Fill your tank to FULL (write down how many liters it took to fill to the top) and subtract your old miles from your new one. Then divide the number of liters you purchased into the kilometers you've gone for each liter. You will show better than 40 kms per liter, I believe.

E. Above all, never trust a fuel guage until you have lived with it a while and found out what it is saying.

Yamaha do sell FI scooters in the form of the Filano (new bike) and Fiore (some 5 months old now) , which are two girly sissy bikes. I'm sure FI will be avaliable on their Mios' and Elegances' soon smile.png

Saw the Filano yesterday at the Yamaha dealer. It has something I've never seen before. Under the handlebar is the gas cap, sort of where you might put a bottle of water. Under the seat there is a big storage area, as big as on my YNE because they moved the gas tank. It's very innovative. Clicks in the past have had a tiny storage area under the seat. They're marketing the Filano as a guys bike. It's pretty cool looking.

Yamaha do sell FI scooters in the form of the Filano (new bike) and Fiore (some 5 months old now) , which are two girly sissy bikes. I'm sure FI will be avaliable on their Mios' and Elegances' soon smile.png

Saw the Filano yesterday at the Yamaha dealer. It has something I've never seen before. Under the handlebar is the gas cap, sort of where you might put a bottle of water. Under the seat there is a big storage area, as big as on my YNE because they moved the gas tank. It's very innovative. Clicks in the past have had a tiny storage area under the seat. They're marketing the Filano as a guys bike. It's pretty cool looking.

it doenst look very cool when u see what theyve done to the webiste :)

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/Filano/

I have seen the Filano at the Yamaha dealer too and I'm interested in buying one. However, I have had so much trouble with my current Fino - the engine stalls pretty much all the time I get off the gas - that I will definately go for a good bike rather than a good looking bike this time. Anyone has an idea how it compares to the new Honda Click 125?

Edited by RayJay

I have seen the Filano at the Yamaha dealer too and I'm interested in buying one. However, I have had so much trouble with my current Fino - the engine stalls pretty much all the time I get off the gas - that I will definately go for a good bike rather than a good looking bike this time. Anyone has an idea how it compares to the new Honda Click 125?

Why don't you get it fixed?

My 3 year and 13k km Fino just goes and goes, only had a small problem with the contact on the starter push bottom, was fixed for 50 bath.

Excellent little city bike, rock solid.

Sorry off topic

its probably knackered from gasohol ,try to use only red benzine 91 and the bike will not cut out so often ,esp after starting from cold

I tried this already - all types of gasoline (91 and 95) and also had it serviced two times. I was told that this is common with Fino due to the lack of fuel injection. It wouldn't bother me too much standing at a traffic light, but it happened too often in the middle of a junction with cars approaching quickly. It's annoying and dangerous. Nowadays I'm driving with the choke on all the time which doesn't give me good fuel economy. Otherwise it is in good shape though.

Now I'm looking into replacing the Fino. My budget is around THB50.000. I also had a look at the Honda PCX, but couldn't justify the money for the 15min commute to the office. The Yamaha Filano looks quite nice and has fuel injection, but comparing it with the Honda Click125i, it seems like the Honda is the better scooter.

Any recommendation is highly appreciated.

I tried this already - all types of gasoline (91 and 95) and also had it serviced two times. I was told that this is common with Fino due to the lack of fuel injection. It wouldn't bother me too much standing at a traffic light, but it happened too often in the middle of a junction with cars approaching quickly. It's annoying and dangerous. Nowadays I'm driving with the choke on all the time which doesn't give me good fuel economy. Otherwise it is in good shape though.

Now I'm looking into replacing the Fino. My budget is around THB50.000. I also had a look at the Honda PCX, but couldn't justify the money for the 15min commute to the office. The Yamaha Filano looks quite nice and has fuel injection, but comparing it with the Honda Click125i, it seems like the Honda is the better scooter.

It sounds like you got carburetor problems, they can be tricky to set up correctly not all Thai mechanics have the skill for that. I sometimes ad carburetor cleaning in the fuel tank, can be bought in Big C and as mentioned in earlier post, no problems and I run both red 91 & gasohol 91. It is not common for a Fino to stop when its unwanted, they are talking out of the arse.

It should not be necessary to replace the whole bike just because of that, but try ask around in your neighborhood where there is a mechanic that can clean/adjust the Fino's carburetor.

But that said fuel injection is the future for small bikes and my next bike will very likely be the new 150cc PCX but we will keep our trusted Fino.

Edited by guzzi850m2

28,000km on my 1 year old Mio125, used nothing other than gasohol (as i run the bike every day) and never had a hick-up from it's carb. Carbs if left sitting for a while with gasohol in them can cause allsorts of grief, i'm sure yours just need a clean and the idle raising a little :)

Try locating the carb and turning the screw that sets the throttle cable tension to bump the idle up. On clicks the screw can be accessed by the rear wheel wheel and pushing a rubber cover aside.

I agree, combi brake is not that much of a big deal and something else to go wrong. I bought the top model to get the good rims and tyres - 51800B

you buy cash? i bought top model with tubeless and combi brake 54.500 baht include 2 years insurance and transfer

Hi read your post and went to the dealer today, they say no way can it be tubless. did you buy it off the peg tubless or has it had a mod. i was quoted similar price but not combi model. i am really interested in the tubeless concept, i am sick of punctures on present bike. if its not a standard feature as tubeless will wait for the PCX 150. one thing the Dealer in Si Racha had the new bikes (125i) in and brochures, Mityon Pattaya Tai rd/2nd Road had no bikes on show let alone to sell, no brochures or prices. so called salesman did not know when anything would be in.

New Wave 125i is a nicer bike.

Bigger wheels and no sissy boy automatic transmission.

just a sissy boy automatic clutch ? wink.png

correct , closer to actually driving a real motorcycle

or are these all still classified as scooters ...

i would stilll classify a wave as a scooter but im sure many will disagree :)

I disagree,

Been riding bikes on & off for 30+ years, Jap - Italian - American and Thai (Jap) bikes. An auto is much easier to ride in heavy traffic, I couldn't be bothered with a Wave of which I owned 3 pcs before (all bought used and never any problems). Twist and go is easy and I enjoy riding my wifes Fino here in Pattaya, great fun, not so much on a Wave. I been doing enough gear changes on bikes over the years, thank you very much. Okay this is city riding I am talking about, off course its fun to ride a powerful bike and try to keep it the right gears all the time on a mountain road, but with tiny bikes, who cares.

What is a REAL motorcycle? In Denmark everything over 50cc is classified as a MC? Don't know the exact definition here?

What is a REAL motorcycle? In Denmark everything over 50cc is classified as a MC? Don't know the exact definition here?

i would count a motorcycle as having a manual clutch , and a scooter being auto or semi auto

dont think engine size matters ,there are 800cc twist n go scooetrs and 125 cbrs in some countrys

• 4 weeks later...

Googling the Click i 125 and horsepower leads to at least one article claiming 13.5HP for the bike. Friend of mine claims it is zippy, and he's ridden hours on Elegance, PCX 125 and even a 125 Hayate. I think that most 135 and downward automatics have less HP (though some are not posted by the company and figures we have are debatable anyway).

Clearly somebody should rent a mini-Bira so that we can duplicate the famous Cbr-Ninjette dual? The Click 125-i vs. the ???

I have a personal interest in this in that my Hayate, less than a year old, may now be bettered by a bike that is close to the same price, more powerful and faster, more fuel efficient, and promises to have a better re-sale value. And if I should trade in my bike for the new Click, doubtless the 150 PCX will only be 80K but have added fully 4HP while Elegance will offer a 160 i. Guess this is evolution.

Googling the Click i 125 and horsepower leads to at least one article claiming 13.5HP for the bike. Friend of mine claims it is zippy, and he's ridden hours on Elegance, PCX 125 and even a 125 Hayate. I think that most 135 and downward automatics have less HP (though some are not posted by the company and figures we have are debatable anyway).

Clearly somebody should rent a mini-Bira so that we can duplicate the famous Cbr-Ninjette dual? The Click 125-i vs. the ???

I have a personal interest in this in that my Hayate, less than a year old, may now be bettered by a bike that is close to the same price, more powerful and faster, more fuel efficient, and promises to have a better re-sale value. And if I should trade in my bike for the new Click, doubtless the 150 PCX will only be 80K but have added fully 4HP while Elegance will offer a 160 i. Guess this is evolution.

The next Elegance will still retain the current capacity but will be fuel injected, cyclopse headlight and a superbike style instrument cluster... As for power, it should be up on the Click but we'll have to wait until it's released her in LOS smile.png

post-59428-0-78257100-1331211426_thumb.jpost-59428-0-11877200-1331211432_thumb.jpost-59428-0-59828500-1331211434_thumb.j

As for the new click having 13.5bhp...... That's nearly 4bhp more than the current Yamaha Mio 125 (carbed)......

Edited by karlos

• 3 weeks later...

I followed one of these today. The rider of the 125i Click was racing an older model (perhaps two years old yellow and black) and to be honest there was really nothing in it between the new and old model. The Click 125 i followed had rubber band tyres, aftermarket shock and a gutted exhaust. The older model might have had some mods that i couldn't hear but i'm still very skeptical about this 40% power increase claimed by Honda......

• 4 weeks later...

got my alloy wheel click 125i yesterday

51,700 incl tax and 3rd party ins

Wow, good price, I got the Red Forward model yesterday and it was 56,000 including tax and insurance at Mityon. I also had them swap out the horrible grey plastics for the black ones.

click125i%20max%20new2012%20red.jpg

So far I have only taken it for a blat around the block but it definitely has more power than the old 110 click and feels a lot more refined.

Edited by Spoonman

Wow, good price, I got the Red Forward model yesterday and it was 56,000 including tax and insurance at Mityon.

It's look like all Mityon shops in Pattaya ar charging 10% more than all shops in the country.

For sure, next time I'll buy a motorbike, I'll buy OUTSIDE of Pattaya !

• Like 1

Wow, good price, I got the Red Forward model yesterday and it was 56,000 including tax and insurance at Mityon.

It's look like all Mityon shops in Pattaya ar charging 10% more than all shops in the country.

For sure, next time I'll buy a motorbike, I'll buy OUTSIDE of Pattaya !

For the sake of dicking around transferring the bike tax/plate/book back to a Pattaya address I don't mind paying the extra, that price also includes swapping out the horrid grey plastics for black ones.

Has anybody taken the new click on any long mountainous rides such as the Mae Hong Son loop? If so, what were your impressions? Was it comfortable and did it handle the climbs and descents OK? I'm looking at the click vs. the 125i wave and the new Nouvo 125i. I prefer the full auto but I would go to the wave if it is significantly better for the longer rides.

Great and revealing photo!!

This Click-i is a new bigger animal. Tyres alone tell the story.

To avoid mistaken identity, the easiest way is to look for eSP written on the latest model. It is not merely a Click-i with or without Combi-brake.