New Click 125I

simoncnx

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya is more expensive, only a 40 km drive down the road I saved 7000 baht on my new PCX 150, no dicking around, makes no difference except the price.

So still within the province of Chonburi ?

So still within the province of Chonburi ?

There are thousands of Mocy dealers outside Pattaya, but still within CB province.

And which of the thousands do you suggest I look at next time I want a new bike (thinking CRF250L).

New Wave 125i is a nicer bike.

Bigger wheels and no sissy boy automatic transmission.

just a sissy boy automatic clutch ? wink.png

correct , closer to actually driving a real motorcycle

or are these all still classified as scooters ...

...and like a bicycle there is no foot brake!cheesy.gif

Perhaps they should start including training wheels and a set of pampers...giggle.gif

And which of the thousands do you suggest I look at next time I want a new bike (thinking CRF250L).

On my regular trips to Chonburi, I see lot's of (big) shops on Sukumvit road.

I can't suggest any special dealer, just get your a*s out of the chair and travel the Suk to Si Racha/Chonburi. tongue.png

Loads of dealers at each side of Suk. Pop inside and ask for the price.

I don't understand, what the problem is..?

New Wave 125i is a nicer bike.

Bigger wheels and no sissy boy automatic transmission.

just a sissy boy automatic clutch ? wink.png

correct , closer to actually driving a real motorcycle

or are these all still classified as scooters ...

...and like a bicycle there is no foot brake!cheesy.gif

Perhaps they should start including training wheels and a set of pampers...giggle.gif

perfectly adequate ,scooters are for scooting around

most of us have real bikes for serious biking

do you feel like youre a real man using that foot break on your honda wave ? whistling.gif

On my regular trips to Chonburi, I see lot's of (big) shops on Sukumvit road.

I can't suggest any special dealer, just get your a*s out of the chair and travel the Suk to Si Racha/Chonburi. tongue.png

Loads of dealers at each side of Suk. Pop inside and ask for the price.

I don't understand, what the problem is..?

I drive daily between Laem Chabang and Pattaya. I have stopped at all the "shops" in both directions and have been quoted the same price at all of them. A work colleague (Thai) purchased the same scoot in Sriracha and it cost him the same as me.

So instead of being an all knowing asshol_e why don't you get off your ass and tell us all which shops in Chonburi sell cheaper than those in Pattaya (and Sriracha).

I bought my PCX 150 from Asia City Motor Co in Bowin saved 7000 baht on Pattaya stealer prices, give them a call 03834 5732 they were really nice people to do business with and only 40 km from Pattaya.

• Like 1

I bought my PCX 150 from Asia City Motor Co in Bowin saved 7000 baht on Pattaya stealer prices, give them a call 03834 5732 they were really nice people to do business with and only 40 km from Pattaya.

so what was your price there?

• 1 month later...

I went from Singha to Leo to Tiger and was happy for about a month. Then i discovered there was something sickly about Tiger so did a side by side blind test. I then discovered Singha was actually much nicer. I then did the same between Leo and Singha, after all Leo is cheaper, and came to the same conclusion. Singha all the way for me now.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys, i am from indonesia. just want a little confirmation. btw honda click 125i was sold in indonesia as "Honda Vario 125i". I have it since 3 months ago. one thing that makes me curious is the emerge of noise sound from the radiator fan every time we accelerate. sounds like "groook .... groook .... groook". we called it as "snoring sound" and a bit annoying for us. This occurs in almost all Honda Vario 125i in Indonesia. are the same thing happen on honda click 125i in thai? thanks

hi guys, i am from indonesia. just want a little confirmation. btw honda click 125i was sold in indonesia as "Honda Vario 125i". I have it since 3 months ago. one thing that makes me curious is the emerge of noise sound from the radiator fan every time we accelerate. sounds like "groook .... groook .... groook". we called it as "snoring sound" and a bit annoying for us. This occurs in almost all Honda Vario 125i in Indonesia. are the same thing happen on honda click 125i in thai? thanks

Can't say that I have heard any noises coming from the radiator (area) on my click.

• 2 weeks later...

The Click-i 125 is the fastest automatic of its class of unmodified bikes up to 60. It is remarkably quicker than my Hayate (which is pretty fast too, for a 125), my low-mileage Elegance, and the PCX 125 I rented for a day. I believe it can claim to be fastest up to 80 (speedo) as well. Anyone who has botherd to glance at Spoonman's entry #89, on p. 4, will see that it's more than a matter of tyres.

This Click is a new animal - even beyond the new engine, which is a 124.8cc with a compression ration of 11:1. It is Honda's Esp, explained above. Soon, I'll have some GPS figures for higher speeds.The latest Forward model not only features alloy wheels and tubeless tyres (mine are IRC), but some will appreciate the idling stop. Given liquid cooling, fuel injection, and Honda's latest efforts at efficiency, I won't be surprised to exceed the 40l/kilo I get presently with the Hayate, as I'm heavy handed in town.For those complaining of the single spring, take a look at the new sturdy swingarm now included on the opposite side. Seems v. tough to me.

Also, the roomier 'helmet in' feature - representing a nice storage area with two pegs for external keeping of the helmets - is new to the Click. Not the biggest, perhaps, it had to come from a new design, a bigger one, than the frame of the earlier models. Actually, the Click-i of 2012 is largely a new and different machine, and deserved a new name (other than 'new 125) - I suppose Speedster is already assigned? Honda Quicker would be OK,and accurate enough.

I paid 52,000, all in (govt insurance but no 100 baht hat or jacket) here in CM.

Edited by CMX

They just unloaded some Clicks at Nat's in Chiang Mai that have the idle/stop feature.

I'm not sure but I think that is the only difference from the other Click's that are at the store.

The price was about 1500 baht higher than the bikes without the feature.

Yes, the first 2012 125cc Forwards had the starter system, but not the auto aspect. And yes, I'd had a cheaper price offered before the feature was added. If manufacturers' estimates on these (and cars, for that matter) of 5 - 7% saved are even fractionally true, I suppose I'll get the money back after time. I do not need to worry, living where I do, about running enough to replenish the battery. (I don't know if it is limited to these bikes, but my battery is warrantied only for 6 months, hmm.)

PCX drivers will doubtless testify to the odd feeling, at first, of one's motor shutting off after 3 seconds. (Some report turning the feature off.) But I find it comfortable enough, particularly when one realizes that the (silent) start can be done just before needing the power. Too, even the last second start-up is immediate and I can shoot forward, but I don't feel that I can trust it to start if crossing ahead of oncoming traffic - yet. One fellow in town says that he can accelerate fast enough to 'burn rubber.'

Edited by CMX

Let me correct my report that the alloy-wheel model of the new 2012 Click-i 125 comes with tubeless tyres. It does not, though the supplied ones are tough. My error, for taking the word of three (3) people at different dealerships, doubtless trying to be agreeable.

The bike is shorter coupled than my Hayate or an Elegance, and I'm having a replacement seat made allowing me to sit comfortably further back. I've added, thanks to good advice from a chap who bought one months ago, PCX mirrors, which add hardly at all to width (if anything) but provide a better (higher) view. 200 baht, the pair, though I paid 40 to have them install it in the rain.

I continue to be startled with the quickness of the bike off the line, and find the 14' wheels contributing to the bike's ability to turn. Perfect for city driving, but so far a bit choppy - I'm told that its suspension well mellow with use. Next project is to compare speedometer to GPS and run it up.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more facts about the real Click-i 125.

True, it has but one spring. But so what? So do many power bikes. Look on the other side and you'll see what has not been on earlier models - strong support for even rear-wheel running. Seek out a bike to see if it's an aluminum casting (555).

It's claimed helmet-hole is somewhat larger than it looks in photos when it's empty; beneath my rain gear are a book and my bungee cords, plus essential papers (no green book yet, of course).

I've modified the bike so far only in slight ways. The seat has been widened (I liked the Hayate's better than an Elegance, for width) and shaped backward. The Click is bigger, but not so roomy I believe as these other two.

I also replaced the mirrors with PCX ones. The only scarcely widen slither width but as they are higher present, for me, about a 50% better view.

This bike is very quick; a lighter driver could doubtless initiate a wheelie. So far, however, since I'm not quite arrived at the 500km (free) oil change, I cannot represent a top speed. It does appear that the speedometer is 11% optimistic (dam_n all social-behavior designers) and in these early days the bike is quick to bob up and down. That is, it does not cruise over rough surfaces with the aplomb of an Elegance or Hayate (let alone the PCX) yet. But turning at speed is easier.

I'm having no difficulty adapting to the combi-brake. It's a little like a poor man's ABS (but we're not to trust it that way), but I do believe that newbies will be less likely to lock up the front brake in a panic if they're orientated in favor of the combi function.

post-98988-0-77121900-1344427366_thumb.j

post-98988-0-55243100-1344427435_thumb.j

post-98988-0-61348300-1344427478_thumb.j

post-98988-0-32449500-1344427525_thumb.j

post-98988-0-55836200-1344427567_thumb.j

I have now done 2500+ kms and very happy. Good speed and acceleration around the city, quiet, very low vibration so no sore bum on longer trips. Re economy i put just over 5 lit every 250 km to refill the tank. Only 1 niggle - I have the alloy wheels/tubeless tyres but still have to put air in the tyres every time i fill the tank - pressure drops from 33 to 22 psi in 2 weeks any ideas why?

I have now done 2500+ kms and very happy. Good speed and acceleration around the city, quiet, very low vibration so no sore bum on longer trips. Re economy i put just over 5 lit every 250 km to refill the tank. Only 1 niggle - I have the alloy wheels/tubeless tyres but still have to put air in the tyres every time i fill the tank - pressure drops from 33 to 22 psi in 2 weeks any ideas why?

2,500 + kilos are the tyres showing any signs of cracks.??

Exposure to lots of sun.

Rim to tyre edge not fully sealed.

Valve seating not fully sealed.

Faulty worn valves.

Edited by Kwasaki

I've got a new click 125 for my city run-around. Has anyone else noticed very slow engine pick up when cold, almost to the point of being dangerous -- especially when pulling away from junctions? It's fine after 2 minutes riding. I mentioned this at the Honda garage at the 1000km service and got a shrug of the shoulders. My only other complaint is that the foot well storage peg is a bit too low.

Apart from these minor gripes, I am very happy with it, certainly a noticeable performance improvement over my old 110i and loving the extra storage under the seat plus the rocker switch opening which means no more faffing with keys at the petrol station.

I've got a new click 125 for my city run-around. Has anyone else noticed very slow engine pick up when cold, almost to the point of being dangerous -- especially when pulling away from junctions? It's fine after 2 minutes riding. I mentioned this at the Honda garage at the 1000km service and got a shrug of the shoulders. My only other complaint is that the foot well storage peg is a bit too low.

Apart from these minor gripes, I am very happy with it, certainly a noticeable performance improvement over my old 110i and loving the extra storage under the seat plus the rocker switch opening which means no more faffing with keys at the petrol station.

I suspect its the auto choke. Mine is similar - just drive slowly for first 2 km

threedot:

Do not take no from Honda. Fuel injection system is warrantied for five years. Get a Thai speaker, be gentle, and go as high as you can before involving Bangkok. With Fi, we're not dealing with carb problems such as cold. You may need a tech with training!