New Click 125I

simoncnx

Here in Chiang Mai, they're asking 48,900 for spoked Click without combi-brake.

Although the engine report above suggests idle/stop is possible on the new engine, I do not know if it will be featured on this 125i ??????

Nor, of one selects the alloy wheels, if they will be equipped with tubeless tyres????

I belive the underseat storage to be superior to many bikes, but not the Elegance or Hayate (or PCX + the airblade is hard to measure).

C

Taken all around the price points are very close to my Suzuki Hayate 125I. I did not ask about a rear rack for a top box or the new Click, but there is an unusual (to me) three bolt arrangement for the passanger grab-bar, so buyers may wish to check about availability if this is important to them.

I have just ordered mine 3 weeks wait.

I can confirm that alloy wheels = radial tyres and tubeless. Spoked wheels are crossply

Edited by simoncnx

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice bikes the new Click. Think I'm gonna sell the little Fino and get myself one. Fino just uses far too much fuel.

Nice bikes the new Click. Think I'm gonna sell the little Fino and get myself one. Fino just uses far too much fuel.

how much does it use ? have you ever measured it ?

I've kind of measured it.

My friend has a Scoopy, yes I know it's not the click, the engines are pretty much the same except the Honda being Fi.

Over 100 Km the Honda is around 33% cheaper on fuel as well as being quicker (not necessarily faster) and considerably smoother.

This is what I'm basing my opinion on and a Fi bike of same or very similar engine size is always going to be more economical.

I'm filling the Fino 2-3 times a week so there is a saving to be made over time with the newer bike.

The fino is only 10 months old so should have at least a reasonable resale value.

its shocking that theres a 33% differnce between a 125cc mio and a 125 cc click even with injection but i suppose theres not much you can do

except trade it in and get the economical bike ,amazing yamaha havenet bothered to put fi into their scooters yet :)

i always thought the elegance burned through gas a bit quick but i thought it was my imagination because the tank is only 4.8 litres so it would have to be filled a lot more often than than a 13 or 15 litre tank on some of my other bikes

Assuming budget is not an issue, which would be the better buy - Click 125 or PCX 150? Bike would be used mostly for short rides with the occasional long trip of a few hundred kms.

if there is any long trips involved i would want the pcx,is the price for the pcx 150 released yet ?

Assuming budget is not an issue, which would be the better buy - Click 125 or PCX 150? Bike would be used mostly for short rides with the occasional long trip of a few hundred kms.

if there is any long trips involved i would want the pcx,is the price for the pcx 150 released yet ?

As the current PCX sells for around 80k, I'm hoping the new one will be no more than 90k - fingers crossed

As the current PCX sells for around 80k, I'm hoping the new one will be no more than 90k - fingers crossed

couldnt see it being more than 90k to be honest , the vespa 150 cc is about 100k and even thats more than i think any scooter is worth

if they make it that expensive ,id rather get the cbr 250 and a backpack :)

I would also get the new PCX 150 but thats is because of my size, I am not comfortable on the Fino we have current as I am very cramped on it, but its very good in heavy traffic due to its small size.

I have rented the PCX 125 2 times X 3 days on Phuket and I really like it and its more economical on fuel compared to the Fino.

It I was you I would go rent a PCX and maybe a Click too, but okay that will be the old models but it will give you an idea of comfort level and general riding fell.

i read some where the new Click has tubeless tires, can anybody confirm this. i have looked extensively though all the web sites but not seen it on any official specs. sick of punctures. had a phantom hardly ever a puncture but with the Suzuki 125, despite wider tyres still getting them. if not tubeless will wait and get the 150 PCX

I would also get the new PCX 150 but thats is because of my size, I am not comfortable on the Fino we have current as I am very cramped on it, but its very good in heavy traffic due to its small size.

I have rented the PCX 125 2 times X 3 days on Phuket and I really like it and its more economical on fuel compared to the Fino.

It I was you I would go rent a PCX and maybe a Click too, but okay that will be the old models but it will give you an idea of comfort level and general riding fell.

I've ridden the MIL's Wave and SIL's Fino but on both bikes, I feel way too big (I'm about 5ft 11, 90 kgs). The arm position feels wrong and my arms get tired after a short while. I'm yet to try the PCX (too expensive for the general populace of the mooban)

I've ridden the MIL's Wave and SIL's Fino but on both bikes, I feel way too big (I'm about 5ft 11, 90 kgs). The arm position feels wrong and my arms get tired after a short while. I'm yet to try the PCX (too expensive for the general populace of the mooban)

try the elegance 135cc ,its very comfortable for farang sized persons

i was on a sonic once and i hated the thing because it was just too small ,also i hate semi- automatic gears

either give me a manual clutch or a fully automatic one :)

Isn't the Elegance still caburated? I never want to buy a caburated bike/car/bicycle/baby push cart again.

Is sooo disappointing that Yamaha can't get their shit together and go FI. I think they are the 2'nd biggest bike manufacturer in the world?

Isn't the Elegance still caburated? I never want to buy a caburated bike/car/bicycle/baby push cart again.

Is sooo disappointing that Yamaha can't get their shit together and go FI. I think they are the 2'nd biggest bike manufacturer in the world?

yes ,they are still making/selling the carburatteur version ,it costs 54,000 in the big c as of yesterday

i havent been in a yamaha shop for ages but dont see any signs of FI yet

the same roumours have been going around for the last 3 years about a elegance with EFI but a few new paint jobs is the only thing they have changed

saying that though ,its a dam_n good scooter

Lost me there. I have no idea what's 'carburated' / 'F1'

Lost me there. I have no idea what's 'carburated' / 'F1'

carburetter is the old technology (less effiecient )

electronic fuel injection is the "new technology" but its not really very new

i had an old 5 series BMW from the 80s that was fuel injected so its been around for awhile

Yamaha do sell FI scooters in the form of the Filano (new bike) and Fiore (some 5 months old now) , which are two girly sissy bikes. I'm sure FI will be avaliable on their Mios' and Elegances' soon smile.png

Edited by karlos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_injection

Fuel injection is a system for admitting fuel into an internal combustion engine. It has become the primary fuel delivery system used in automotive petrol engines, having almost completely replaced carburetors in the late 1980s.

A fuel injection system is designed and calibrated specifically for the type(s) of fuel it will handle. Most fuel injection systems are for gasoline or diesel applications. With the advent of electronic fuel injection (EFI), the diesel and gasoline hardware has become similar. EFI's programmable firmware has permitted common hardware to be used with different fuels.

Carburetors were the predominant method used to meter fuel on gasoline engines before the widespread use of fuel injection. A variety of injection systems have existed since the earliest usage of the internal combustion engine.

The primary difference between carburetors and fuel injection is that fuel injection atomizes the fuel by forcibly pumping it through a small nozzle under high pressure, while a carburetor relies on suction created by intake air rushing through a venturi to draw the fuel into the airstream

In addition to the point of added fuel economy with fuel injection, it has become a way-more reliable system for starting. There's no need for a choke; you just hit the starter and it goes, warm or cold. In cold-weather climates, fuel injection has become a god-send to starting a car when it is -18° C (0°F) or below.* Fuel injection is also the way of the future, as fuel formulations change with additional offerings like E20 and E85, etc. If it can't handle a new fuel type outright, many times electronic fuel injection can be re-programmed to handle a new fuel type that might become prevalent years later.

* I remember starting carbureted cars that sat all week in the dead of winter when I was in college in Minnesota back in the 70's; we pulled air filters and used ether starter fluid, encountered the occasional carburetor fire if it gave a carb backfire, etc. None of that nonsense with fuel injection!

In addition to the point of added fuel economy with fuel injection, it has become a way-more reliable system for starting. There's no need for a choke; you just hit the starter and it goes, warm or cold. In cold-weather climates, fuel injection has become a god-send to starting a car when it is -18° C (0°F) or below.* Fuel injection is also the way of the future, as fuel formulations change with additional offerings like E20 and E85, etc. If it can't handle a new fuel type outright, many times electronic fuel injection can be re-programmed to handle a new fuel type that might become prevalent years later.

* I remember starting carbureted cars that sat all week in the dead of winter when I was in college in Minnesota back in the 70's; we pulled air filters and used ether starter fluid, encountered the occasional carburetor fire if it gave a carb backfire, etc. None of that nonsense with fuel injection!

Good points.

When starting my Fino (carb) here in tropical Thailand and it been stopped for more than app. 12 hours I always have to use the choker. If it been left unstarted for 14 days its a real bitch to start, starter motor running and running before it fires up.

The O-rings in the caburator are getting hard when using gasohol E20, okay no problems so far but the carb have never been opened after 3 years and 13K km, but I am a bit nervous when the day come to open the carb, the O-rings will very likely need a change as well.

The problem with EFI here in Thailand is if there is a fault in the system somewhere, not many Thai mechanics know how to fix it, scary.

i read some where the new Click has tubeless tires, can anybody confirm this. i have looked extensively though all the web sites but not seen it on any official specs. sick of punctures. had a phantom hardly ever a puncture but with the Suzuki 125, despite wider tyres still getting them. if not tubeless will wait and get the 150 PCX

New click with ALLOY wheels is tubeless - top model

yes 1 baht but only for injection honda, carburator not, i bought my bike saturday and they said come on 9th and tell your friends but only injection

I think sumet cycle and some other honda dealers had this promo last year

what a wonderful idea ,hello kawasaki ? are you listening ? smile.png

No !! There should be a scooter forum.laugh.png

Edited by Kwasaki

There have been a number of threads that document the fuel efficiency of the Elegance. It is liquid cooled, which allows Yamaha - which is world famous for it - to employ metal alloys that adhere to closer tolerences with piston. The result has been that the Elegance gets v. good mileage. I purchased the Hayate Fi 125, certain that it would be more efficient than my second-hand Elegance. It was not, and has not been, same rider - about 2 kms/litre over thousands of kilometers.

Starting, admittedly, is far superior with fuel injection, but there are other factors that relate to fuel use. The price mentioned above for a top-of-the-line Click, 2012, puts the 125's larger-storage and 135 pretty largely in the same price range with similar, if somewhat different, advantages. Only Honda offers the combi-brake, but the other two have even larger underseat storage.

My bikes get or got 42kms/litre (E, now sold) and 40kms/litre (Hayate), & I'm afraid I use a heavy hand in town and suburban driving. I'll be fascinated to know, after break-in periods, how the Click 125Fi does, but I'm guessing on better yet.

Edited by CMX

I heard a rumour of around 80K for the 150 PCX in Niyom Panich here in CM from one of the salesmen there. Not confirmed of course as it doesn't arrive whilst next month.

It appears on pictures as a black and red colour scheme which looks very nice.

Too much for me to pay for a scooter to pop to town and the shops on.

The Click is looking like a winner for sure. Anyone ride anything with Combi-Brakes already? What are they like? No experience with them at all yet.

I heard a rumour of around 80K for the 150 PCX in Niyom Panich here in CM from one of the salesmen there. Not confirmed of course as it doesn't arrive whilst next month.

It appears on pictures as a black and red colour scheme which looks very nice.

Too much for me to pay for a scooter to pop to town and the shops on.

The Click is looking like a winner for sure. Anyone ride anything with Combi-Brakes already? What are they like? No experience with them at all yet.

combi brakes is not something i would pay extra for,i dont see the benefit unless you like to smoke / drink coke / or use a mobile phone with the other hand when riding

i can not see any useful differnce between squeezing both brakes on a elegance or scoopy and and using a combi brake system but some people might like it

i tested a pcx with it and its a bit harder to skid the back wheel because it slows the front wheel a bit when you use the back brake only but i preferrred independant braking

yesterday night i tested fuel usage, i bought it on saturday and after 7km i filled full and it has 9 levels on speedometer, at first 52 km ( 45km usage ) still level is 9 line and i thought it is great, first line gone in 45.6km but second third fourth fifth made me shock, now look less than half ( 4 line now ) and every 10km or less one line gone, now i am 81 km ( after made full i did 74km ) and it is less than half, it looks will make less than 150km with full, it has 5.5liter and use 3.66liter per 100km, it is very very bad, i not like digital line, i believe first and last line makes around 50km and other 10km, i used alone and not go faster than 60kmh and not use brake much, i did my speed less without use speed, it uses much for my experience, i rent lots of different scooters, i think eSP is nothing, only ads for new engine, anyone can test fuel usage? i will sell if it continues like that, they said %30 better torque and very economy but use more than old click 110 :( if you plan to buy, first ask for test drive, if someone want buy i will sell soon,i bought 54.500baht, 2 year insurance, combi brake, alloy wheels with tubeless, i will sell 45.000baht end of february and i plan to make 800-1000km, and never buy scooter again :(, if someone want change with CBR150-250 can contact me , thanks

I agree, combi brake is not that much of a big deal and something else to go wrong. I bought the top model to get the good rims and tyres - 51800B

you buy cash? i bought top model with tubeless and combi brake 54.500 baht include 2 years insurance and transfer

yesterday night i tested fuel usage, i bought it on saturday and after 7km i filled full and it has 9 levels on speedometer, at first 52 km ( 45km usage ) still level is 9 line and i thought it is great, first line gone in 45.6km but second third fourth fifth made me shock, now look less than half ( 4 line now ) and every 10km or less one line gone, now i am 81 km ( after made full i did 74km ) and it is less than half, it looks will make less than 150km with full, it has 5.5liter and use 3.66liter per 100km, it is very very bad, i not like digital line, i believe first and last line makes around 50km and other 10km, i used alone and not go faster than 60kmh and not use brake much, i did my speed less without use speed, it uses much for my experience, i rent lots of different scooters, i think eSP is nothing, only ads for new engine, anyone can test fuel usage? i will sell if it continues like that, they said %30 better torque and very economy but use more than old click 110 sad.png if you plan to buy, first ask for test drive, if someone want buy i will sell soon,i bought 54.500baht, 2 year insurance, combi brake, alloy wheels with tubeless, i will sell 45.000baht end of february and i plan to make 800-1000km, and never buy scooter again sad.png, if someone want change with CBR150-250 can contact me , thanks

sounds suspiciously close to the consumption of the elegance ,i always thought it was a thirsty bastard but always been too lazy to measure it properly

its only natural though that a 110cc is using less gass than a 125 or 135

the cbr 250 is a miracle of engineering when it comes to gas ,sommewhere between 2 and 3 tanks gets you 1000km

it feels like every time i get on that elegance i have to fill it up ,er6n is a thirsty bastard too but id expect that in an engine 5 timmes bigger than a scooter

driving style has a lot to do with it also ,my gf uses less gas in the fino because she doesnt go everywhere with the throttle wide open

110cc use less but honda says eSP use %30 less than normal, so if normal 125cc use about %10-20 more than 110cc, esp 125cc must use less, use same ok too but now it goes about 30km per liter, it is new and after use this can be down to 35-40km per liter but i prefer honda cbr250, i not like it, levels are just toys, not trustable, when i left home it shows still full, after 30km, it shows less than half, one bar goes 50km, 4bar goes 30km, honestly i thought with 5.5km i can make around 275km but not makes more than 150km.