Please Help Failed 676 Visa Application, Despair Has Set In, What Next

Dear Shane, I agree 100% with what Will27 wrote above.

After a rant like that most of the posters here won’t bother to reply you.

I’ll chuck my last post in because most people deserve a second chance.

DIAC will also give you and your girl a second shot at the application also but only if you maintain a calm and reasonable tone with them.

But mate (I'm an Aussie, just back after spending 3 months there) … you have issues that go beyond the Visa application.

Understand that there is a gulf between Thai and Western Culture.

1. When you marry a Thai girl … you marry her ENTIRE extended family.
  2. Understand the concept of Jai Yen … a ‘cool heart’ when in public and dealing with DIAC!
  3. The concept of Sin Sot (which may or may not be desired)
  4. Learn what ‘mai pen rai’, ‘jai dee’, ‘sanok’ mean … we have none of these in our Culture.
  5. Understand that your girl will wait for you, even if it takes 12 months to obtain the Visa. If she doesn’t wait she was just looking for a Farang … any Farang.
  6. Understand that Thai’s lie … but many times it’s a ‘social lie' so that people ‘save face
  7. Reread my earlier post here #16 about ‘lending a Thai money’
  8. ‘I love you’ can sometimes be loosely translated as ‘I need you’
  9. Learn how to earn the respect of her family. Any requests for money or for the sick buffalo or to pay the bail to get second cousin out of jail have to handled carefully. Give too much and you lose their respect, same as if you give nothing ‘kee neow’.
  10. Understand the concept of 'take care' (unless she is an orphan with no siblings ... then you only have to 'take care' of her)

If you think for one moment that the Cultural differences are not important then it is time for me to also say good bye and wave you off into the sunset.

My Thai gf is just about to apply for her second tourist visa after successfully getting her first, single entry 3 month Tourist Visa about 12 months ago.

She has almost no material possessions in Thailand, a few thousand baht in the bank … but as almost every other person has mentioned to you (whybother just now) ... the #1 reason that most Visas are declined is no tangible reason for her return … your reasoning of ‘why wouldn’t she return’, just doesn’t cut it.

What every happens … chok dee and bye cowboy.gif

Edit ... font changes

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

To those who have tried to give me good advice, I apologise unreservedly for that petulant rant. That was a juvenile and quite pathetic..

Upon rereading it, I am quite embarrassed I actually wrote that, and posted it in a public forum. It is out of character, and yes Will27, everything you say is absolutely correct.

I also see you didn't pull any punches in letting me have it. I certainly deserved the home truths you gave me.

Everything you say makes perfect sense.

I will try and conduct myself in more dignified manner in future.

It was quite out of character for me to behave like that.

Believe it or not.

The only thing I will say in my defence, is I was quite emotional when I wrote that.

I am feeling very emotional over this issue, and it certainly is not helping my judgement.

I was very tired when I wrote that crap, and had just been on the phone to her.

Even that is no excuse.

I hope those experienced souls who have taken the time to give me their sound advice, don't turn their back on me now.

I have very much appreciated the advice, even though I may have not shown it.

i will now take a backward step and get on with what I must do.

• Like 1

To those who have tried to give me good advice, I apologise unreservedly for that petulant rant. That was a juvenile and quite pathetic..

Upon rereading it, I am quite embarrassed I actually wrote that, and posted it in a public forum. It is out of character, and yes Will27, everything you say is absolutely correct.

I also see you didn't pull any punches in letting me have it. I certainly deserved the home truths you gave me.

Believe it or not.

The only thing I will say in my defence, is I was quite emotional when I wrote that.

I am feeling very emotional over this issue, and it certainly is not helping my judgement.

Even that is no excuse.

I hope those experienced souls who have taken the time to give me their sound advice, don't turn their back on me now.

Shane

No reason to apologise. You just sound extremely frustrated which is understandable.

In hindsight I was a bit harsh also.

Just focus your energies into making the next application more solid.

You will doubling time spent with her which is a good thing. Submitting a letter from her

employer which gives her a job to return to. This helps with having ties to Thailand.

I also think it will greatly improve your chances if she applies for a 1 month visa

instead of 3. The reason being is that DIAC will think she will have a job to return to.

Generally, employers anywhere, particularly Thailand will not give an employee

3 months off. So they MAY look at the employer as beinga bit dodgy.

Also as I've said, 3 months is a bloody long time for a first visit.

She will more than likely be bored off her tits when you're a work.

All the best

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Believe it or not.

Even that is no excuse.

Shane, it is refreshing to see your post, not many people on this forum will apologise.

We all hear your frustration, just do what you have to do, jump through the hoops etc and I hope you get her out to oz soon.

Good luck.

When you are in Thailand next go to the Australian visa place at Thai CC House in Bangkok, it is at Surasak BTS Station, very easy to find, they have a service for advice on getting a visa, it is very good they take as much time as you need, go through every thing with you, it would be well worth the time to go and see them, I introduced my mate to a Thai lady and he wanted her to visit him for three months, they applied twice and was refused twice, the first time was after they knew each other for 5 months, the application was not strong not enough information about her or him, the second time three months later very strong application, she had long work with one company, reasonable money in her bank account, not topped up by him, letter of her job back when she returned to Thailand, he is very strong, a multi, did everything with statutory declaration, still was refused, the third time he came back to Thailand with all his documents again in Stat Dec,s , went to CC House and went through the application with a officer before putting the applaction in, the third applaction was approved within 6 days, the second applation was refused for the length of their relationship, a relationship must be nine months or more with strong proof of the relationship, they are now in the final few weeks of having their fiancee visa approved, this was applied for in November, looks like it will be approved within three months. Really go and talk to the visa office they will help you a lot.

Everyone has given you very good advice, if you do decide to marry this lady take as much time as you can before doing so, I have been married twice to Thai ladies, the first lady took 18 months after we were married to reveal her true self, she told me she had no children, 18 months after the marriage she went back to Thailand for three weeks to see her family, she came back to OZ with three young men to my suprise, one was introduced as her step son, one as her nephew one as her step sons friend, I thought they had just come for a visit but no, they had student visa, I found out after some time the step son was her son, she was heavy drinker and a gambler, none of this was evident in the first year of the marriage, I divorced her after 4 years of marriage, she was a teacher at a university before I married her. my current Thai wife is very different, I took almost two years before I decided to marry her, we are very happy, she is the best Thai person I know with money, it is almost embarrassing the way she will not spend or take money from me, all this is to tell you to take a as much time as you can before getting married.