Got A Girl Pregnent Need Advice What To Do

tingtonguk2012

Kids in Thailand are significantly cheaper than in your home country.

Your gf's family come from the countryside? or BKK? And do you want to keep her as a gf, or was she just a holiday shag?

Either way, send her a little bit of money every few months (Minimum maybe 10k Baht every 3 months should be sufficient), and tell her that she should go and live with her family in the countryside (She might be ashamed to go back with a baby but no husband, but meh lol), that should be enough. Don't be extorted into paying more unless you personally feel like contributing more, as the baby itself will only require around 10k every 3 months (Assuming her family doesn't live in BKK, if so then maybe 15k)

If you want to keep her as a gf/gik, then give her a little more, around 10k every month (maybe 15k if she's in BKK), is around the same salary as what she'd get if she had a university degree and was working. That'll be enough to take care of her + baby + maybe a little left over for her family.

Also don't be worried about the "Oh now you have to save for university/college for your kid" bullshit. University students can borrow money from the govt for both their tuition and living costs, then repay it at their own leisure. If your gf got pregnant to a Thai guy, she'd get nothing, so anything she gets is significantly better by having a half farang kid (since then her son/daughter is more handsome/beautiful lol)

I think this is one of the better pieces of advice.

But doctor fees for pregnancy tests are 150 baht at the smaller clinics. The larger clinics are cheaper, but the wait time is ridiculous at times.

Not sure about blood tests.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only decent thing to do is marry her and pay to support her, her family and the baby untill it turns 18. Any other decision would just not be cricket old chap.

henrymcgee.jpg

unless the kid studies than the support might be needed till 25

Buy a pregnancy test, stand outside the bathroom while she 'wees' on it. Takes 10 mins, costs 60bht.

One of the oldest scams in the book. She screwed up though in that she was supposed to wait until you got home before she told you.

If in fact she is preggers and you are the father, congratulations and commiserations.

How long have you known her if it's just a short while sure as egg's are egg's it's a con or a set up. You were having unprotected sex, then why was she not taking the pill another set up ??? Thai girl's are very cleaver get the test's done as mentioned asap, I'm sure that you know but never believe what you are told. The time's I have seen this ploy in the last twenty year's is to many to mention. If all else fail's have a good time while your still here get on the plane leave her a few bt and bugger off. Maybe you'll think me hard but It once nearly happened to me I just called her bluff. One week later round she came to my hotel all sorted she had just missed two monthly's or so I was told. Oh and she would like to come back same same before. Ye Ye like I was going for another go. best of luck.

Buy a pregnancy test, stand outside the bathroom while she 'wees' on it. Takes 10 mins, costs 60bht.

One of the oldest scams in the book. She screwed up though in that she was supposed to wait until you got home before she told you.

If in fact she is preggers and you are the father, congratulations and commiserations.

How long have you known her if it's just a short while sure as egg's are egg's it's a con or a set up. You were having unprotected sex, then why was she not taking the pill another set up ??? Thai girl's are very cleaver get the test's done as mentioned asap, I'm sure that you know but never believe what you are told. The time's I have seen this ploy in the last twenty year's is to many to mention. If all else fail's have a good time while your still here get on the plane leave her a few bt and bugger off. Maybe you'll think me hard but It once nearly happened to me I just called her bluff. One week later round she came to my hotel all sorted she had just missed two monthly's or so I was told. Oh and she would like to come back same same before. Ye Ye like I was going for another go. best of luck.

What a hero you are. Well done.

You're not going to let these evil little brown people fool you are you, no sirree bob.

May I be the first to congratulate you and welcome you to the world of parenthood.

My advice, start saving early for college fees.

Given the OP's highly articulate post and references to his parents being mad, I suspect the college fees might be better spent on himself.

On the other hand, given he seems disposed to just run away from his responsibilities because 'me mam and dad might be cross wimme', it would probably be wasted there also.

Nail on the head as usual!

For anyone reading this of interest:

If you have no interest in having children - get a vasectomy! Even though I religiously wore condoms while I was up to no good, I never had to worry about pregnancy. Real or imagined. I even went to far as to obtain a note from the urologist - stating two tests, no sperm.

Sorry honey - it's not mine. A vasectomy and a condom pretty much ensures that as fact.

Vasectomy is no longer reccomended for men due to serious side effects recently revealed.

May I be the first to congratulate you and welcome you to the world of parenthood.

My advice, start saving early for college fees.

Given the OP's highly articulate post and references to his parents being mad, I suspect the college fees might be better spent on himself.

On the other hand, given he seems disposed to just run away from his responsibilities because 'me mam and dad might be cross wimme', it would probably be wasted there also.

I think the boy may have to finish high school first before he can start college.

If you have no interest in having children - get a vasectomy! Even though I religiously wore condoms while I was up to no good, I never had to worry about pregnancy. Real or imagined. I even went to far as to obtain a note from the urologist - stating two tests, no sperm.

Sorry honey - it's not mine. A vasectomy and a condom pretty much ensures that as fact.

Vasectomy is no longer reccomended for men due to serious side effects recently revealed.

Even more, it's not recommended if you don't have kids but plan to have some in the future. It's not reversible in most of the cases.

If she's a bargirl then it stands to reason other men have been slipping her a portion too. If you're against abortion, then hang about until the sprog's born then have a DNA test and, if it ain't yours, f***ing LEG IT.

You do NOT want to get involved in raising another man's child in this country. The cards are so heavily stacked against you in terms of your rights as it is and, with bargirls being somewhat emotionally unpredictable, you'd be letting yourself in for a world of heartbreak if she cuts off your access.

If it is yours then hunker down, do some graft back home and send the readies.

Even more, it's not recommended if you don't have kids but plan to have some in the future. It's not reversible in most of the cases.

But on second thoughts, if a vasectomy will prevent someone with the IQ of a lima bean from passing on his genetic material, surely it can't be a bad thing.

But on second thoughts, if a vasectomy will prevent someone with the IQ of a lima bean from passing on his genetic material, surely it can't be a bad thing.

The world needs more ditch diggers than it needs nuclear scientists.

Logically, someone with the IQ of a lima bean will be happier working as a ditch digger, and therefore is more valuable to society.

3 years ago my wife and i were asked to catch up and check out my mates girl in Bangkok while he was in Aus working, as she had told him she was pregnant to him . So after about 5 minutes of me and the wife quizzing her she told us that she lost the baby and was to scared to tell him the truth of fear of losing him . Well after another 15 minutes of quizzing her again as her story was full of holes she came clean .'

She was never pregnant and crying because she was caught out ,so i rang my mate in font of her and made her tell him the truth . He was angry for a while but now 3 years later they have 2 kids and she has got what she wanted .

To the OP ,,,,,This is Thailand dont beware of the stories some of the girls tell.

But if it is true, your've got to man up and be grateful your've created a miracle how would you like to be raised fatherless in poverty.

• Like 1

According to Thai law, the Thai mother is totally responsible for her child, unless the man is officially registered as the father. Even if she does consider making a claim against you, she would have to find all her own legal expenses and could take years to acquire a court hearing under the antiquated legal system of Thailand.

So in other words, there is not much she can do as regards claiming maintenance from you for the child. At the other end of the spectrum, there are the moral issues, but this must be left up to your own discretion.

Another point is that at this time you have no way of knowing if the child is actually yours or not?

Your main concern at this time should be that you have had unprotected sex with a girl you have met somewhere. I would be seriously concerned about HIV and recommend that you go for testing a.s.a.p.

Again thaivisa produces awful advice based on spurious stats.

All the posters saying, "go get an aids test" do you have any idea what you are talking about?

According to the CIA world fact book Thailand has a HIV rate of 1.3%

According to other research the chances of a male being infected from a single sexual encounter with a girl HIV positive is 1 in 1000. (higher if she had her period, but of course she got pregnant so it can't of been)

So we are talking about 1 chance in 100,000 that he got HIV. Based on one sexual act of course.

Why are so many westerners so fearful of everything and don't understand just how small the risks are?

But we do not know how many times he did the act before or after she became pregnant. They could have been going at it hammer and tongs morning, noon and night for all the time he was here which would surely have improved his chances of catching something if she was infected, n'est pas?

All the posters saying, "go get an aids test" do you have any idea what you are talking about?

According to other research the chances of a male being infected from a single sexual encounter with a girl HIV positive is 1 in 1000. (higher if she had her period, but of course she got pregnant so it can't of been)

So we are talking about 1 chance in 100,000 that he got HIV. Based on one sexual act of course.

Why are so many westerners so fearful of everything and don't understand just how small the risks are?

Would you stake your life on that?

I wouldnt mind betting a single trip into the jungle would carry a higher risk of catching malaria. If the op had said he had been to kao yai would the same posters have posted for god sake get yourself to a doctor?

I don't think so. And even if he had been rodgering away like a spring hair the odds hardly turn it into playing russian roulette does it?

I have done many times, and always won the bet.

HIV is extremely hard for a heterosexual man to catch, but your government wants you to live in fear, so distorts the facts.

I have done many times, and always won the bet.

HIV is extremely hard for a heterosexual man to catch, but your government wants you to live in fear, so distorts the facts.

You carry on, your life. coffee1.gif