Tourist Visa To Uk

The British embassy now undertakes to decide all visit applications on the day, so in theory, if successful you could apply one day and be on the plane the next. Alternatively, if you don't intend travelling immediately, you can ask the visa officer to post-date the visa by up to 3 months.

Scouse.

Thanks for your reply I am flying tomorrow and was hoping to apply for the visa whilst I am in LOS before Christmas for a visa to travel in April.My Gf will stay for 4 or 5 weeks does this mean if granted the Visa will be valid from the end of march for 6 months and will include the period we want to travel.Thanks for any help.

Hi Clever,

If she gets her interview fairly quickly, just ask on the day (if successful) to delay the start date (i think you can delay for up to 3 months). The 4 or 5 weeks for her visit, will then easily fall into the time frame you are looking at.

Good luck

Thanks again for the members replies,have spent a long time on this forum and it has been extremely helpful in getting the info to prepare the application.If success with UK visa will be applying for an aussie visit visa for a trip in Feb,hoping the uk visa will help with the reason to return to Thailand which seems the big stumbling block.

CleverD