December 7, 200520 yr Dangling Conversation >> >> At dawn the telephone rings. >> >> "Hello, Master Carlos? This is Arnaldo, your country home caretaker" >> >> "Ah yes, Mr. Arnaldo. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?" >> >> "Um, I am just calling to advise you, sir, that your parrot died" >> >> "My parrot? Dead? The one that won the competition?" >> >> "That's the one." >> >> "######! That's such a pity. I spent a small fortune on that bird. Oh >> well...what did he die from?" >> >> "From eating rotten meat." >> >> "Rotten meat? Who gave him meat?" >> >> "Nobody. He ate the meat of one of the dead horses." >> >> "Dead horse? What dead horse, Mr. Arnaldo?" >> >> "Remember those purebred horses you had, sir.? They died from all that >> work pulling the water cart." >> >> "Are you insane? What water cart?" >> >> "The one we used to put out the fire." >> >> "Good Lord! Wh! at fire are you talking about, man?" >> >> "The one at your house. A candle fell over and the curtain caught >> on fire." >> >> "WHAT? That's crazy! There's electricity at the house! What was the >> candle for?" >> >> "For the funeral." >> >> "WHAT BLOODY FUNERAL?" >> >> "Your wife's." >> >> "MY WIFE'S?" >> >> "Yes, sir. She showed up one night out of the blue and I thought she was >> a thief, so I hit her with your new Tiger Woods Nike Driver." >> >> (Silence..........) >> >> "Arnaldo... I swear to God, if you broke that driver you are so >> fired!"
Create an account or sign in to comment