Uk Online Visa Application - Help!

Sorry if I'm just being stupid - but me and my wife filled out a Family Visa by hand, then we went along to the British Embassy and were told that they don't accept written applications anymore. I must fill out an online application form. They gave us a sheet of paper with the links on it. So, we came back home and I've now been searching for nearly 3 hours. I've clicked nearly every single link on the whole website to try and find the online application form. This is so frustrating, I'm sure someone must know where the link to a family visa (online application - not the form itself) is.

Please help :)

Thank you!!

link underneath, fill it out and print it off, make an appointment on the vfs uk website (http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/)

Link for online application

http://www.ukba.home...me=UK%20English

Top right in purple says "apply for a visa online"

Just done myself, if you do not complete it, it will save it for 7 days only.

Edited by beano2274

Fill out the application form, make an appointment at VFS to take biometrics and hand in all the documentation including the cashiers cheque/bankers draft.

VFS handle the visa applications, the Embassy receives the paper work from VFS and then makes the decision, my wife was told within 15 days. You can have them SMS and email you for a 75 baht charge when the passport is ready to pick up, however no-one will tell you if you have been successful or not until your wife opens the envelope herself.

We had the same problem just days after they introduced the change without announcing it!

My hom computer couldn't find / open the site but the problem was eventually resolved when we visited an internet shop.

At the centre in bangkok we had no online application but were allowed entry to use their PC inside the application area.

I agree with what has been posted on here and would add that you must have the essential info. in place. The Englsih and TB certs are a must. The online application, but remember that questions appear in the wrong order, some disappear from any print out you are allowed to keep or view.

It is therefore vital that your partner has her act together. that is, what goes online is known to her if questionned. Holding bogus interview practice with you at home is therefore useful. For example, why do you want to go? is better answered by an emotional tale of supporting your mother, than saying she wants to see England. There needs to be a reason tied to circumstances; work plus setting up home nearer to your family.

The contents of the applciation; the supporting material is over hyped yet not defined. therefore, focus on the finances; to show you can sponsor her. The family home / residence must be proven. With home ownership it is staright forward; deed copy; purchase details; estate agent sale details; solicitor's letters; all prove ownership of a house in your name.

Some will also prove room numbers etc.

Length of relationship does come down to the mundane and banal. Go there. get the holiday photos and special occasion stuff. It shows longevity. I specifically recommend anything dated undertaken together. Therefore, copies of dental or medical appointments are excellent. It is quite acceptable that for example, dental appointments are made six monthly. A year is easily covered; your name sare on it; the appointment dates are the same and the times almost too.

Such can not be fabricated or disputed.

This is a concise approach to avoiding supplying a myriad of ultimately detritus. If you consider the length of a relationship and estimate it to be say 18 motnhs. You need to cover, and explain, that peiod. The first meeting description can be factual. Keep it that way. Establish a pattern of follow meetings, a moving in date, as the relationship progresses. During this same time span support it with things you did that a couple would do. There are significant purchases. not two ice creams one Sunday, but rather one washing machine in July. One car service. One Satelite installation and payment programme.

The obvious other stuff is all the methods of communication but don't over rate that stuff. if you skype where's the proof?

Get the online sorted but don't do it as an instant response and go. Read it, cancell ikt, understand it, prepare for it.

If you are stuck I would recommend VISA2GO based in Rayong. Ohter agents, service providers, helpful persons, those volunteering at Regent House are all there to empty your wallet. Talk with the ex-pats at Regent House doing it all again themselves who relied on 'help' and got dumped on from the second floor.

Stay patient - stay on here - but ultimately stay alone [ just you and her.]

"For example, why do you want to go? is better answered by an emotional tale of supporting your mother, than saying she wants to see England."

Is that your opinion housepainter or is it a matter of fact?

As I understand it UK Border are primarily interested in ensuring that a visitor will comply with the visa requirement to return to Thailand and that the visitor is financially able to support themselves (or is otherwise supported) while they are in the UK. Provided that there is plenty of evidence to support those factors being met I would assume (ie it's my opinion) that people should not get too worried that their real excuse for going to the UK is 'tourism' or meeting your UK partner's family.