Tourist Visa Requirements - Phnom Penh

I went to the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh today with the application filled and my $40 fee for a Tourist visa.

I was told by the lady there that I needed

1. A reciept for a plane ticket from Bangkok to my home country.

and

2. A reciept for a hotel reservation.

Absent that she wouldn't touch my application.

A Cambodian outside the Embassy offered to get the visa without the receipts through his service for $10.

Good Luck to you and have a nice day.

Just returned from Phnom Penh last night. As I refuse to deal with the Thai embassy there I used the services of Mr Keo :

[email protected]

211 Sisowath Quay

Fee : $US 15

Turnover : 2 days

Docs. required : Passport/1 photo/1 return flight to Thailand

If the Thai embassy in PP is giving you a hard time it pays to shell out the extra 15 bucks to get your visa sorted by someone like Keo (there are dozens of other agents in PP who will get the job done, but Keo is my prefered choice)

Please note that there's only single entries available at the moment.

Edited by Leftfield1965

I was told by the lady there that I needed

1. A reciept for a plane ticket from Bangkok to my home country.

Surely she ment a ticket from Thailand, not Bangkok. What if you flew internationally from Phuket? That ticket would be no good? And if she actually said that it had to be to your home country, then that is something she made up. There is no requirement I have read anywhere which states your ticket has to be to your home country. Why would they care where you go after you leave? When I did it in Nov. from Sihanookville they asked only for proof of onward ticket. (I got a double entry then using Ana travel)

She is making it as difficult as possible for you because the embassey staff all get a cut when the "agents" are used. I beleive this is also why they are only giving single entry now. Makes serial tourist visa recipients (I.E "customers") have to come back twice as often.

I plan to use Mr Keo when I go in March. Read many good things about him on here.

May I ask if you applied for a single or multi entry?

Only single entry tourist visas available at the moment, so no, I didn't ask for a multiple entry.

Keo's a good bloke, I'm sure he is grateful for the business he gets through this website.

Flight ticket to home country? I would have told her that, after Thailand, I'd be spending 2 months beach holiday in the Philippines and 4 weeks on Bali, leaving from Bangkok. Do the Thais want to tell us now where to go from Thailand. intheclub.gif

In Dec the counter staff at theThai Embassy in Phnom Penh told me that I would need documentary evidence of either:

a) a confirmed flight booking BKK-Oz, or B) a confirmed hotel booking in Bangkok, or c) a bank statement.

I chose option a (cancelling the booking cost about $15) and had no problems - but will it work twice in a row?

I guess it would as the process squeezes what they deem to be a sufficient amount of time/effort out of you.

Edited by GazR

I lived in PP for several years....The Thai Embassy has a bad name for foreigners trying to get a visa to Thailand. You are much better off going to someone like Lucky Lucky Motor Bike shop on Monivong Blvd & asking them to do your visa, they charge a $7, service fee but it will save you a lot of headaches.

I have read good things on here about Mr keo but I have only ever used LL Motor bike shop, they also do Drivers licence etc and have been established for many years.

I hope that helps.

FYI - I used Mr. Keo to get the air ticket reservation ($15.) His own advice had been to go to the embassy in person. IMO the official was being nice in asking for only one of these documents, not two or three.

Edited by GazR

In Dec the counter staff at theThai Embassy in Phnom Penh told me that I would need documentary evidence of either:

a) a confirmed flight booking BKK-Oz, or cool.png a confirmed hotel booking in Bangkok, or c) a bank statement.

I chose option a (cancelling the booking cost about $15) and had no problems - but will it work twice in a row?

I guess it would as the process squeezes what they deem to be a sufficient amount of time/effort out of you.

Any more info on the bank statement? Any bank, or only a thai bank? How much money is the minimum?

Instead of the hotel booking, would they take an apartment lease?

Does anyone have a clue on Non-O marriage visa in Phnom Penh?

I didn't know that they make trouble getting visas down there.

I've always got my visas from Vientiane or Sawanaket. Hand in day 1, get it back day 2.

I've already booked a flight to PP on sunday afternoon and return to BKK on Tuesday (depart at 17:00)

Can I do it by myself or have to use a service like that Mr. Keo?

Cheers.