PM Yingluck Denies Misconduct At Bangkok Hotel

webfact

Thailand Live Monday 13 Feb #50:

Thaksin's spokesman Noppadon says ex-PM is confident his sister PM Yingluck wouldn't have held an inappropriate meeting at Four Seasons /TANN

Now we know for sure biggrin.png

I say send the in-room CCTV movie clip to her husband.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player Queen:

Both here and hence pursue me lasting strife,

If once I be a widow, ever I be a wife!

Player King:

'Tis deeply sworn. Sweet, leave me here a while,

My spirits grow dull, and fain I would beguile

The tedious day with sleep.

Player Queen:

Sleep rock thy brain,

And never come mischance between us twain!

Hamlet:

Madam, how like you this play?

Queen:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Almost always misquoted as "Methinks the lady doth protest too much," Queen Gertrude's line is both drier than the misquotation (thanks to the delayed "methinks") and much more ironic. Prince Hamlet's question is intended to smoke out his mother, to whom, as he intended, this Player Queen bears some striking resemblances [see THE PLAY'S THE THING].

The queen in the play, like Gertrude, seems too deeply attached to her first husband to ever even consider remarrying; Gertrude, however, after the death of Hamlet's father, has remarried. We don't know whether Gertrude ever made the same sorts of promises to Hamlet's father that the Player Queen makes to the Player King (who will soon be murdered)—but the irony of her response should be clear.

By "protest," Gertrude doesn't mean "object" or "deny"—these meanings postdate Hamlet.

The principal meaning of "protest" in Shakespeare's day was "vow" or "declare solemnly," a meaning preserved in our use of "protestation."

When we smugly declare that "the lady doth protest too much,"

we almost always mean that the lady objects so much as to lose credibility.

Gertrude says that Player Queen affirms so much as to lose credibility.

Her vows are too elaborate, too artful, too insistent.

More cynically, the queen may also imply that such vows are silly in the first place, and thus may indirectly defend her own remarriage.

Edited by animatic

Whats wrong with a bit on the side ??

Nothing, normally, only your soul and internal moral standing are at risk,

but if the fate of a nation rides on if you are blackmailed for getting

caught getting that "bit on the side", that brings the matter to

a much different and serious level.

Edited by animatic

Don't let JT lead you into error, ther is no such word as ministress except perhaps mini-stress which I suspect is as much she feels about this non-story

Tis true. I made up the word. Thai Prime Ministress-gate, anyone?

No - maybe PMS-gate that would perhaps fit better with your ....... fill in your own choice of word, JT

Prime Mistress gate.

if the fate of a nation rides on if you are blackmailed for

Ha ha, I'm not sure the fate of the Nation rides on Yingluck, someone else might ride her instead.

Democrats now talk about secret business meeting and act surprised when PTP defends Yingluck's moral standing as a woman.

As long as the meeting is secret it's free for all, she is a fair game. Actually this time it might matter more than rumors about Somchai back in 2008 as Yingluck tries to cultivate her image among "elites" - they might not take her afternoon delights as lightly as her supporters, and Democrats can milk the secret meeting about flood projects, too - that won't go down nicely with foreign investors who are afraid Yingluck won't live up to her promises and do backroom deals with cronies instead.

Ekayuth himself might be flabbergasted with the value of his information and not sure what his next step should be. So far he avoids exposing the meeting, only talks about the assailant no one is really interested in.

Either way, she has to pay the price for his silence and it ain't coming out of her pocket as Ekayuth isn't in a charity business and his own moral integrity is just as questionable.

Edited by volk666

Don't let JT lead you into error, ther is no such word as ministress except perhaps mini-stress which I suspect is as much she feels about this non-story

Tis true. I made up the word. Thai Prime Ministress-gate, anyone?

No - maybe PMS-gate that would perhaps fit better with your ....... fill in your own choice of word, JT

Prime Mistress gate.

I was thinking, given JT's avowed preference, that he might have less experience of the more common pre-menstrual syndrome that has been far more commented upon by men in Western society but whatever rings your bell

Player Queen:

Player King:

Player Queen:

Sleep rock thy brain,

Hamlet:

Queen:

Almost always misquoted as "Methinks the lady doth protest too much," Queen Gertrude's line is both drier than the misquotation (thanks to the delayed "methinks") and much more ironic. Prince Hamlet's question is intended to smoke out his mother, to whom, as he intended, this Player Queen bears some striking resemblances [see THE PLAY'S THE THING].

The queen in the play, like Gertrude, seems too deeply attached to her first husband to ever even consider remarrying; Gertrude, however, after the death of Hamlet's father, has remarried. We don't know whether Gertrude ever made the same sorts of promises to Hamlet's father that the Player Queen makes to the Player King (who will soon be murdered)—but the irony of her response should be clear.

By "protest," Gertrude doesn't mean "object" or "deny"—these meanings postdate Hamlet.

The principal meaning of "protest" in Shakespeare's day was "vow" or "declare solemnly," a meaning preserved in our use of "protestation."

More cynically, the queen may also imply that such vows are silly in the first place, and thus may indirectly defend her own remarriage.

Well I must say that this is infinitely superior to your usual attempts at blank verse

Player Queen:

Player King:

Player Queen:

Sleep rock thy brain,

Hamlet:

Queen:

Well I must say that this is infinitely superior to your usual attempts at blank verse. Interpretation and relevance, however are perhaps questionable

Thaksin's spokesman Noppadon says ex-PM is confident his sister PM Yingluck wouldn't have held an inappropriate meeting at Four Seasons /TANN

Are you certain that TANN did not mis paraphrase him??

wink.png

Just as certain as I'm sure I didn't mention what we may know for sure now rolleyes.gif

Where would she have held an inappropriate meeting?

What was the meeting about? And with whom?

No idea, but if it wasn't something 'odd' then there wouldn't have been such odd responses from the Govt. direction to this.

Thaksin's lawyer chipping in and saying that he thinks everything was probably above board means what? That he has no idea and hopes it wasn't something bad or if it was that it will not be found out.

*sigh*

Clowns.

• Like 1

What was the meeting about? And with whom?

No idea, but if it wasn't something 'odd' then there wouldn't have been such odd responses from the Govt. direction to this.

Thaksin's lawyer chipping in and saying that he thinks everything was probably above board means what? That he has no idea and hopes it wasn't something bad or if it was that it will not be found out.

*sigh*

Clowns.

Maybe she was making a reservation for a private intimate Valentine's Day celebration, with whom is the question?

Edited by z12